RNS 510 stuck in German

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
DL1
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

RNS 510 stuck in German

Post by DL1 »

Hi guys

When I started my car this morning the RNS 510 unit started up in German and the radio wasn't playing. When I try to change it back to English it says something along the lines of 'the selected language is loading (in German)' but nothing happens after that so I'm guessing its crashed. I've tried the 3 button reset and disconnecting the battery but still having the same issue.

Called Arnold Clark Volkswagen and they said it may be covered by warranty but they couldn't tell until they checked it. If it isn't covered I would need to pay the £75 diagnostic charge :(

Anyone had this before and know how to fix it?

Cheers
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Re: RNS 510 stuck in German

Post by Phil »

The RNS in my old GT used to revert back to german every now and then when I was watching a DVD. It used to reset itself eventually - how long have you left it it?

That said, watching south park in german was pretty hilarious (sorry not helpful I know).
Phil
Viking
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
Options: None

Post by Viking »

Had it before, and reloading the maps was the answer. Try that first.
DL1
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Post by DL1 »

Viking wrote:Had it before, and reloading the maps was the answer. Try that first.
How do you do that?
Viking
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
Options: None

Post by Viking »

Well, I personally wipe the maps partition and insert my maps dvd. I guess having a maps dvd is the start point.
jfraser92
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box

Post by jfraser92 »

I managed to fix this by updating the firmware (to 5274). The unit was still in German but after pressing Setup>System>Language then changing the setting to Automatic now changes the language (it didn't change before).