Volkswagen Emission Scandal

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Packham93
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Volkswagen Emission Scandal

Post by Packham93 »

Hi All,

In the week I received a letter from VW to say my is effected by the emission issue and they would contact me soon to get this issue fixed. I am wondering if anyone else has been effected by this and also if people like myself who have been effected by this would be able to claim compensation?
greg7728
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box

Re: Volkswagen Emission Scandal

Post by greg7728 »

Evening. I think there are multiple places offering compensation (as always in the uk everyone loves to claim for something) - however not really sure why people are being compensated- compensation usually means someone has suffered a financial loss as a result of another party's actions - not really sure anyone has suffered any financial determinant in this country over this. So long as they give u a courtesy car and maybe a free service or something for inconvenience of taking car to vw for the fix, cannot really see what people are claiming for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Lawyers looking to make money for themselves:-)
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Only thing I would want compensation for is the knockon effect this has had on resale values.

It seems the word is it would of wiped value off the diesel models.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Packham93

Post by Packham93 »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:Only thing I would want compensation for is the knockon effect this has had on resale values.

It seems the word is it would of wiped value off the diesel models.
Yes that's what I was thinking...
Packham93

Post by Packham93 »

greg7728 wrote:Evening. I think there are multiple places offering compensation (as always in the uk everyone loves to claim for something) - however not really sure why people are being compensated- compensation usually means someone has suffered a financial loss as a result of another party's actions - not really sure anyone has suffered any financial determinant in this country over this. So long as they give u a courtesy car and maybe a free service or something for inconvenience of taking car to vw for the fix, cannot really see what people are claiming for?

What places are they do you know?
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Just type "VW Compensation" into Google and a multitude of no win no fee places pop up.

Until "the fix" is released no one can say what the consequence will be.
greg7728
In: Viper Green

Post by greg7728 »

Not sure how people can put a figure on it, and how someone can blame just this specific factor for an exact amount (£) in depreciation. Not really sure as there's no negative affect on the engine this side, once the fix goes in there would even be any knock on effect for resale value. And unless ur trying to sell ur car how can someone claim to be loosing out financially - if u still have the car and it's working, no issues relating to this scandal, I'd be tempted to agree with cuprabob in that it's a money spinner for the claims culture we have in the UK - everyone is out for a fast buck, jump on the band wagon any claim u can. Seems to be the attitude of a large number of the U.K. now. Shame really.

moulin12
Options: Used to own a 1.4 160 DSG.

Post by moulin12 »

oh lord, another 4 years of txts and phone calls, this time asking if I've been mis-sold a car....
Billc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Post by Billc »

I too can't see how anyone could possibly a put a figure on it. Until it's factually known whether or not fixed cars have a reduced mpg figure or it's proved that pre-owned prices have dropped a lot then there's nothing to claim for.

Just opportunistic pseudo law firms again. The PPI bubble must be seriously deflating by now so they need a new "scandal" to replace it.
Bill in Norfants
TheRustySheriff
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Heated Leather seats, Sat-Nav, Bluetooth, Pan Roof, Rear Park Sensors

Post by TheRustySheriff »

I went into Vw the other day and spoke to an after sales agent. He told me that sales haven't really changed. His words were 'we sold cars yesterday, we've sold cars today and we'll sell cars tomorrow!' He also told me they don't even know what the fix is going to be. Either software or hardware. Its not essential to have the fix done. His Audi is affected but was going to wait until other people have the fix done to see how the car reacts to the change. I think the compensation route is a bit ridiculous really. Nobody is really out of pocket. They still got a quality car to drive round in.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
moulin12

Post by moulin12 »

It's believed that like on like sales are 8% down.

Petrol engines now appear to have been drawn into the mix.

Tuesday’s findings over carbon dioxide emissions, and petrol-fuelled cars, are understood to involve smaller 1.4-litre engines, mostly in the VW Polo and Golf, as well some Seat and Skoda cars, and the Audi A1 and A3.

A change in the CO2 emissions of the vehicles would also affect their fuel economy, VW admitted. "It was established that the CO2 levels and thus the fuel consumption figures for some models were set too low during the CO2 certification process," the company said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... gines.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Certainly, my 1.4 had poor mpg.
Paddy_R
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by Paddy_R »

My car is going in for a service (engine and dsg) tomorrow. Probably the last time it will ever be in a VW dealership.
chp
In: Reflex Silver

Post by chp »

TheRustySheriff wrote:I went into Vw the other day and spoke to an after sales agent. He told me that sales haven't really changed. His words were 'we sold cars yesterday, we've sold cars today and we'll sell cars tomorrow!'
Well a VW salesperson would say that, wouldn't they? According to http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34723424, sales are down around 8% on the same period last year.
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

VW offers US customers $1,000 vouchers as gesture of goodwill - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34763777" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
moulin12

Post by moulin12 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... lgate.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sales down by nearly 20%
salsajoe
In: Salsa Red
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

Seems the scandal extends to CO2 in some petrol versions including 220ps and 300ps models. Might have to put up road fund on registration for new models?
CleanDiesel
I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
Options: 184 TDI, Dynaudio sound system, adaptive suspenion, electronic differential lock, 90% tinted glass, cruise control, winter pack, reverse camera, fancy phone linking up stuff.

Post by CleanDiesel »

moulin12 wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... lgate.html

Sales down by nearly 20%
Sales up by 3% in the UK though.
moulin12

Post by moulin12 »

CleanDiesel wrote:
moulin12 wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... lgate.html

Sales down by nearly 20%
Sales up by 3% in the UK though.
Exactly, VW group down by 20%, even against a backdrop of increased market sector sales.
Tallguy

Post by Tallguy »

How do you prove your car has lost money as a result of additional depreciation; to do this you would have to establish what it would have been worth had the scandal not occurred?
If annual road tax was increased by say £20, you are talking small sums of money.
If there is any compensation, it will be VW making goodwill payments.