Mortyy's deep black TDI

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
EvilMr.Lee
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box
Options: GT Spec, 18" Lugano, Multifunctional Steering Wheel, Panoramic Roof, Bluetooth, Rear Parking Sensors, DynAudio, RCD510, Cruise Control

Retro: LED Interior, LED Plate Lights, 2014 Facelifted Xenons + BCM

Re: Mortyy's deep black TDI

Post by EvilMr.Lee »

Will do ;)

Yeah, bought the MICRO-CAN-USB for just over 2000.
Mortyy
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
Options: parkingsensor, multifunction steering, rainsensor, dynaudio

Post by Mortyy »

EvilMr.Lee wrote:Will do ;)

may i ask where? or is it second hand?
Ive found at bildiagnose.no but its for almost 4 grand. and i can somewhat not justify that even though we have like 4 VAG cars in the family at the moment.
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Mortyy wrote:
EvilMr.Lee wrote:Will do ;)

may i ask where? or is it second hand?
Ive found at bildiagnose.no but its for almost 4 grand. and i can somewhat not justify that even though we have like 4 VAG cars in the family at the moment.
You can buy the micro can USB direct from Ross tech for $249 http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCuCAN.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which is around 2041 NOK

You can find their official distributors worldwide here http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
EvilMr.Lee
Options: GT Spec, 18" Lugano, Multifunctional Steering Wheel, Panoramic Roof, Bluetooth, Rear Parking Sensors, DynAudio, RCD510, Cruise Control

Post by EvilMr.Lee »

I bought mine from Ross Tech, took maybe 2 days to get it.
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

problem is i cant buy the micro one i think?
ive got more cars in the family that has to be compatible with the vcds..
so i think i need to buy the $349 edition?

Cars in the family atm:
2010 Skoda fabia
2013 Skoda Octavia
2010 Skoda Octavia
2012 VW Scirocco

2009 Audi A4
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Mortyy wrote:problem is i cant buy the micro one i think?

Cars in the family atm:
2010 Skoda fabia
2013 Skoda Octavia
2010 Skoda Octavia
2012 VW Scirocco

2009 Audi A4
Looks like it would not work with the Fabia or A4, they have a VIN compatibility checker here http://store.ross-tech.com/mm5/merchant ... re_Code=RS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and a list of chassis codes that this model works with here http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/Micro-CAN.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although with that many vehicles the hex can model is not expensive as you will get your moneys worth [emoji106]

Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

Irvysan wrote:
Mortyy wrote:problem is i cant buy the micro one i think?

Cars in the family atm:
2010 Skoda fabia
2013 Skoda Octavia
2010 Skoda Octavia
2012 VW Scirocco

2009 Audi A4
Looks like it would not work with the Fabia or A4, they have a VIN compatibility checker here http://store.ross-tech.com/mm5/merchant ... re_Code=RS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and a list of chassis codes that this model works with here http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/Micro-CAN.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although with that many vehicles the hex can model is not expensive as you will get your moneys worth [emoji106]

Yeah. I found that VIN checker before posting. But for 5 cars (just in family) i Think that hex-can will be worth it after all. Always some friends or something that could use a bit of coding also.. Guess ill have to invest alittle more [emoji6]

So, as an update on The car:
Ive started to take The front of The car too smooth The plastics. Allthough it takes some time since im working alot and most time its The graveyard shift, and The car is sitting in my parents's garasje.
But tomorrow when i get of work ill take some pictures and get as much done as possible!

GF is comming with her car aswell, so im going to mod that alittle aswell tomorrow. And some parts for my stepdads fabia has been ordered aswell. Alot going on [emoji23]

- Mortyy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

As promised i took some pictures. Im alittle late with them, but has been alot of work and school etc.
So, im in the middle of smoothing all plastics in the front, and some interior pieces.

I then started to disassemble the front bumper, alittle assel the first time, but i got the hang of it in the end. I would suggest to either (best option) have a mate or friend with you to take it of. Or just pop off both sides, then release the four nuts in the upper grill.

yeah, all the wet gravel is washerfluid.. couldnt help it.. aaand i actually didnt care. its not that expensive :P
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

and there it is, off the car :)
i took off the lower grill and put the bumper back on the car with the new blinker in glossblack :)

and here is just a couple of pics of the pieces waiting for the rest so it can go back on the car :)

Im back soon!

Best regards
- Mortyy!!
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

(edited: added photos of LED and Taillights)

Well its time for a small update on the car.

The car still sits at home. gets a drive to school once a week. a good 60km once a week... actually i feel bad for her :(
But since i cant drive it myself for a while i guess ill have to take what i can.

So.. some parts has arrived these past few weeks. and i must say that im so excited to show you guys.

well.. first the ross-tech VCDS cable came, and i started to mod my car with some functions.
functions that are activated atm is:
Needle sweep
Fogs as DRL's
Fogs as corner lights

and i cleared some errors with the new rns 510 that i installed earlier this year. (dont have pics of that atm)

then i got a small package of LEDs so, full interior with led, fogs and parklight are led atm :) only thing i want to change is the footwell lights. instead of white i want blue or red i think :)
beyond that im pretty satisfied.

fogs. (yeah.. its raining :P)

Well.. now for the good parts. I woke up after a graveyard shift here last week by the doorbell, Postman! :D got a HUGE package arrived. as excited as I was, I forgot to take pictures of the part. (sorry!)
i went straight to the bodyshop and got it painted deep black, got it back the day after and waited a couple of days before i started to fit it.
lets have a look!

can you guess what im doing?

yeah.. thats right. cupspoiler! :D got it for 308euro's from kunzmann in germany. original part :) it was 200euro cheaper that VW dealer!!

well and today.. new package!

oh my god i love this angle of the car atm!

well, back to the package
inside the package was a smaller package!
Dectane tailights black smoked :) they look so cool

at night

i plugged them in and got them fitted, but one problem. i have a loose wire?

looks like it goes to the brakelight? perhaps? idk? any pointers?
EvilMr.Lee

Post by EvilMr.Lee »

Mortyy wrote:(edited: added photos of LED and Taillights)

Well its time for a small update on the car.

The car still sits at home. gets a drive to school once a week. a good 60km once a week... actually i feel bad for her :(
But since i cant drive it myself for a while i guess ill have to take what i can.

So.. some parts has arrived these past few weeks. and i must say that im so excited to show you guys.

well.. first the ross-tech VCDS cable came, and i started to mod my car with some functions.
functions that are activated atm is:
Needle sweep
Fogs as DRL's
Fogs as corner lights

and i cleared some errors with the new rns 510 that i installed earlier this year. (dont have pics of that atm)

then i got a small package of LEDs so, full interior with led, fogs and parklight are led atm :) only thing i want to change is the footwell lights. instead of white i want blue or red i think :)
beyond that im pretty satisfied.

fogs. (yeah.. its raining :P)

Well.. now for the good parts. I woke up after a graveyard shift here last week by the doorbell, Postman! :D got a HUGE package arrived. as excited as I was, I forgot to take pictures of the part. (sorry!)
i went straight to the bodyshop and got it painted deep black, got it back the day after and waited a couple of days before i started to fit it.
lets have a look!

can you guess what im doing?

yeah.. thats right. cupspoiler! :D got it for 308euro's from kunzmann in germany. original part :) it was 200euro cheaper that VW dealer!!

well and today.. new package!

oh my god i love this angle of the car atm!

well, back to the package
inside the package was a smaller package!
Dectane tailights black smoked :) they look so cool

at night

i plugged them in and got them fitted, but one problem. i have a loose wire?

looks like it goes to the brakelight? perhaps? idk? any pointers?
Kunne du ha sendt et sammenligningsbilde mellom de nye Dectane Litec lyktene, og de gamle lyktene du hadde? Virker som Black/smoked er litt lysere enn det Red/smoked er, tenker å kjøpe samme lyktene, men vil ikke ha dem alt for mørke. Ender kansje opp med red/clear x)
olechr1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Black leather, ACC, Black badges, Resonator delete, Lowered 40mm, Oettinger remap, Dectane red/clear taillights, R8 coilpack

Post by olechr1337 »

I see the car is starting to take shape! Order those tail lights last week myself.. Where did you order from?

Ser bilen begynner å ta form! Bestilte sånne lykter selv forrige uke og venter spent... Hvor bestilte du fra?

:)
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

olechr1337 wrote:I see the car is starting to take shape! Order those tail lights last week myself.. Where did you order from?

Ser bilen begynner å ta form! Bestilte sånne lykter selv forrige uke og venter spent... Hvor bestilte du fra?

Hi Olechr!

i ordered them from dectane in germany. Bad service though. website, app and ebay said they had them in order. but when i had not heard from them in over a week i sent them a mail,
they where empty. no in stock.. 6weeks before they had them.
well.. 2 weeks after that, still havent heard anything. guess what? yeah. package on the door.

(i was a bit mad when i first talked to them, and told them to get a rush on the order. guess it worked?) :P
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

EvilMr.Lee wrote:
Kunne du ha sendt et sammenligningsbilde mellom de nye Dectane Litec lyktene, og de gamle lyktene du hadde? Virker som Black/smoked er litt lysere enn det Red/smoked er, tenker å kjøpe samme lyktene, men vil ikke ha dem alt for mørke. Ender kansje opp med red/clear x)
EvilMr.Lee

these are the ones i got: https://www.dectane.de/RUeCKLEUCHTEN/Ru ... 1KLRS.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
they arent dark while they are on. but i think it suits my car in that colour :)
in the end its what you think that matters :)
olechr1337
Options: Black leather, ACC, Black badges, Resonator delete, Lowered 40mm, Oettinger remap, Dectane red/clear taillights, R8 coilpack

Post by olechr1337 »

Mortyy wrote:
olechr1337 wrote:I see the car is starting to take shape! Order those tail lights last week myself.. Where did you order from?

Hi Olechr!

i ordered them from dectane in germany. Bad service though. website, app and ebay said they had them in order. but when i had not heard from them in over a week i sent them a mail,
they where empty. no in stock.. 6weeks before they had them.
well.. 2 weeks after that, still havent heard anything. guess what? yeah. package on the door.

(i was a bit mad when i first talked to them, and told them to get a rush on the order. guess it worked?) [emoji14]
Same place i ordered. Wow.. Seems like i just have to be patient then!

Contaced them on monday this week since i had not heard anything for over a week like you. No answer yet so...

Sent fra min D5803 via Tapatalk
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

Contaced them on monday this week since i had not heard anything for over a week like you. No answer yet so...

Yeah.. It takes them some time to answer im affraid!

Sorry that im not answering in norwegian, but i Think its better so everyone can read and understand it :-)

Are you going to make a thread of the car? Would love to see what you are going to do [emoji4]

Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

olechr1337 wrote:

Sorry that im not answering in norwegian, but i Think its better so everyone can read and understand it :-)

Are you going to make a thread of the car? Would love to see what you are going to do [emoji4]

olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

Mortyy wrote:
olechr1337 wrote:

True that! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I have done a god amount of work to it lately accually! Have not updated my post about the car sadly.. Might update it to night and show what has been done to it!

EvilMr.Lee

Post by EvilMr.Lee »

The loose wire might be rear fog lights? A lot of people have been struggling with those.
Mortyy

Post by Mortyy »

EvilMr.Lee wrote:The loose wire might be rear fog lights? A lot of people have been struggling with those.
Yeah, was thinking about that aswell.
But i cant seem to find out where its going to connect