Rear end bouncing under hard cornering?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Mr OCD
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Shadow Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: All of them ... lol

Rear end bouncing under hard cornering?

Post by Mr OCD »

Anyone had this one the standard suspension?

To be fair I'm coming from a Leon Cupra with well sorted suspension, the Scirocco handles superb but under hard cornering the rear end seems to bounce around a bit. Anyone know why?

I'm going to check the dampers this weekend whilst I have the wheels off for detailing, but any suggestions appreciated.
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
Mr OCD

Re: Rear end bouncing under hard cornering?

Post by Mr OCD »

Anyone lol?
VW Scirocco GT 170 in shadow blue metallic with vienna leather, cruise control, parking radar, nav, bluetooth and dynaudio sound system. Remapped and shortshift fitted.
Mij
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Post by Mij »

Check the dampers, i am assuming standard suspension? Have you had the alignment check also?
Mr OCD

Post by Mr OCD »

Mij wrote:Check the dampers, i am assuming standard suspension? Have you had the alignment check also?
Yeah standard dampers ... Only had the car a few weeks so not checked alignment yet.

Dampers are in good condition.