Drivethedeal, CarWow, Orangewheels etc?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Dazarooni
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Drivethedeal, CarWow, Orangewheels etc?

Post by Dazarooni »

Just curious if anyone has used any of the popular car broker sites to order their Scirocco? I ordered mine via CarWow - got a really good deal from a dealer in Scotland and as I'm within their 100 mile free delivery radius, I went with them.

I called around some of the local VW dealers and they couldn't get anywhere near what I was offered from the CarWow dealer. The dealer seems to have a good reputation too and the salesman I am using has been good so far.

Anyone had any experiences?
bitmadmax

Re: Drivethedeal, CarWow, Orangewheels etc?

Post by bitmadmax »

Currently waiting on delivery of a car I ordered via orangewheels. Saved 12% on list with options and so far all well and good. The proof is in the pudding as they say so will have to see what happens with delivery and aftercare...
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I believe the dealer that supplied your car is my local dealer and have been using for many years. Service is always excellent but I maybe need to do a CarWow quote before I buy next one:-)
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Hi bit, has your car been built yet?
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Cuprabob wrote:I believe the dealer that supplied your car is my local dealer and have been using for many years. Service is always excellent but I maybe need to do a CarWow quote before I buy next one:-)
I googled their name and quickly gathered that they were reputable and I soon placed my order. So far so good. :)
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Dazarooni wrote:Hi bit, has your car been built yet?
Ordered in May and it's being built this week :hyper:

What car/options have you ordered and have they given you a build week yet?
Golf 7R
VCDS available
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

My build week is this coming week (Monday 14th) I'm very excited!

This is only my second car, I passed my test earlier this year (I'm 35) and currently have a Polo (60 plate in Flash Red). I love the colour and have ordered a 1.4 TSI flash red roc with Interlagos alloys. No other extras. I haven't seen in flash red rocs on the road, but I love the colour on my polo and from all the pictures I've seen on google, it's a great looking colour on the roc and much more vibrant than the old salsa colour.

Are you picking yours up from the dealer or are you getting it delivered?
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Used orange wheels as a way to bargain with my local dealer. Went there with a quote and said will you match it. Initially they said yes but it was a 3 month wait for what I wanted. Or they had a stock car coming in with en 1 month . Couldn't wait so had there stock car. Still got the same discount though just minus all the extras I wanted.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Dazarooni wrote:My build week is this coming week (Monday 14th) I'm very excited!

This is only my second car, I passed my test earlier this year (I'm 35) and currently have a Polo (60 plate in Flash Red). I love the colour and have ordered a 1.4 TSI flash red roc with Interlagos alloys. No other extras. I haven't seen in flash red rocs on the road, but I love the colour on my polo and from all the pictures I've seen on google, it's a great looking colour on the roc and much more vibrant than the old salsa colour.

Nice.. I think I only ever recall seeing 1 or 2 red Scirocco's they are quite rare :) And you're right about flash red... more vibrant (but not overly) than Salsa which I thought always looked a little dull. Interlagos will set it off quite nicely as well.

I'm picking the car up from the dealer so I can check it over myself. After that it's straight to the detailer for a clean and 3M/ventureshield application :)
Golf 7R
VCDS available
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

bitmadmax wrote:
Dazarooni wrote:My build week is this coming week (Monday 14th) I'm very excited!

Nice.. I think I only ever recall seeing 1 or 2 red Scirocco's they are quite rare :) And you're right about flash red... more vibrant (but not overly) than Salsa which I thought always looked a little dull. Interlagos will set it off quite nicely as well.

I'm picking the car up from the dealer so I can check it over myself. After that it's straight to the detailer for a clean and 3M/ventureshield application :)
So we both have the same build weeks? :yes:

Will be interesting to see how long they both take to ship and arrive at dealers... I'll be posting regular updates. Bet you're as excited as I am knowing that you're only 3-4 weeks away from getting your hands on your roc? :D
Greyscale
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Urano Grey

Post by Greyscale »

I used drivethedeal when I bought mine almost a year ago. Absolutely spot on, honest, friendly and helpful service, great discount (better than carwow and orangewheels in this case) and the dealer wasn't too far away from where I live anyway. Would definitely recommend, what's not to like!
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

It's reassuring to see people having good experiences. These broker websites make it possible to get some awesome deals. 8)
davids
I drive a: R-Line
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box
Options: folding mirrors, xenons, Dynaudio, rear view camera, Carnet, park assist

Post by davids »

I've used Autobid twice and recently Carwow. I've had really good discounts with both of them. I took delivery of a Scirocco Rline 180TSI the other week and I've been pleased with it. I paid for loads of extras this time. I'm loving the new discover head unit and Xenon lights.
moulin12
Options: Used to own a 1.4 160 DSG.

Post by moulin12 »

Coast 2 coast is another option: http://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And Broadspeed https://broadspeed.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;