Collected mine a couple of days ago...well impressed!

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
noj66

Collected mine a couple of days ago...well impressed!

Post by noj66 »

I collected my Candy white with truffle leather,DSG,Dynaudio and parking sensors on Tuesday.Totally overjoyed with the car,much better than i could have hoped. :) Quite shocked at the speed of it.I had a new shape S3 for a while and the Scirocco feels as quick,even though the bald facts say it cant be.Maybe its the low seating position or the noise of the exhaust,which is a laugh through tunnels and under bridges!
Hoping to source some nice mats from Justmatz as soon as they have the template.Fancied them edged in white to suit the car,had something similar in the S3(Audi O.E.) and they looked nice.
iroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Re: Collected mine a couple of days ago...well impressed!

Post by iroc »

Congrats mate, glad to see you are enjoying it.

Try attached link for the mats. Risingblue1 bought some and is impressed.

http://www.cyberspares.co.uk/prod.php?prod=461
noj66

Post by noj66 »

Thanks bud.Yeah i'd seen those on ebay but thought they wouldn't be much good 'cos they're so cheap.Maybe worth a punt then,shame white isn't one of the trim options.
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

White appears to be the only colour not available. :shrug: They might do them if you contact them.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

noj66 glad you are liking it, s3 was originally my first choice option but get your point about the sciroc feeling faster, the golf gti made a similar impression
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
risingblue1
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Private plate

Post by risingblue1 »

Don't buy off ebay go to website as they have the more expensive mats. The deluxe ones are better than any mats I have had before. They probably will do white if you ask them. They say they can cater for whatever and they are made to order. I would recommend :yes:
sir_rocco
In: Reflex Silver

Post by sir_rocco »

I have the VW mats with scirocco embroidered into them, they are much better quality than those for the GTi with a nice deep pile.

Having come from a stage 2 modded DSG MKv to a DSG scirocco I do not think it feels that quick but then as mentioned in another thread, the DSG electronics are different as in D mode the drive is less frenetic than the golf was. Sport mode is however a different matter :clap:

One thing I don't like though is the cars tendency to understeer when really going for it into a tight bend, much more so than the GTi. This could be down to the tyres breaking traction easily under throttle, time will tell though as I am sure at some point we will see a tyre thread as more members get through a set of fronts and change to a more grippy brand.
Taken delivery : Silver, DSG, NAV, Black Leather, Park Sensors, Winter pack.

Mods: Full Milltek, KW lowering springs,Wheel Spacers, Remapped to 258BHP, 405Nm
martdy
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

sir_rocco wrote:I have the VW mats with scirocco embroidered into them, they are much better quality than those for the GTi with a nice deep pile.

Having come from a stage 2 modded DSG MKv to a DSG scirocco I do not think it feels that quick but then as mentioned in another thread, the DSG electronics are different as in D mode the drive is less frenetic than the golf was. Sport mode is however a different matter :clap:

One thing I don't like though is the cars tendency to understeer when really going for it into a tight bend, much more so than the GTi. This could be down to the tyres breaking traction easily under throttle, time will tell though as I am sure at some point we will see a tyre thread as more members get through a set of fronts and change to a more grippy brand.
what tyres are on yours? I've driven a manual with Pirellis which weren't great if you gave it the beans coming off roundabouts.
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
wigit

Post by wigit »

i noticed this with the pirellis on my way home, i put down to the newness, the pirellis are of course on our gti pirelli which has bundles of grip and handles the extra 30ps
sir_rocco
In: Reflex Silver

Post by sir_rocco »

My tyres are dunlops, like you say Andy, the GTi put the power down so much better in this situation. I found the best tyre was the Goodyear Eagle F1's so may try that pattern when its time to change, will rotate my fronts to backs to get even wear so can change all 4 together. A chap over on another forum has had a quaife LSd fitted to his GTi by VW racing and this has dialled out and wheelspin, loss of traction etc that he experienced but not sure I want to go to that expense as there are other mods higher up the pecking order. Oh the slippery slope of modding 8)
Taken delivery : Silver, DSG, NAV, Black Leather, Park Sensors, Winter pack.

Mods: Full Milltek, KW lowering springs,Wheel Spacers, Remapped to 258BHP, 405Nm
wigit

Post by wigit »

the gti pirelli is fully run in but no hint of esp when other half finally gave it beans in fist three gears, in less than ideal conditions, we'll see , i hate dunlop sp sports with a passion, always rated eage f1s especailly in the wet, given the damp conditions i may try the scirocco in comfort as recommended by davidh when the forum started, in fairness i pushed it on a roundabout with 20 miles on the clock which is not a true reflection, you alos notice the throttle response when in sport and around town