Best Budget Lance? Karcher/Nilfisk

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Best Budget Lance? Karcher/Nilfisk

Post by Irvysan »

Grab a brew.....

I have a K series Karcher pressure washer and have been using a Karcher snow foam attachment (the older style without adjuster) for a long while.

I didn't think that snow lances were that much of a difference but after seeing a lot of photos on here and DW with the foam applied I was always thinking I was using the wrong foam as they all looked like the foam was very thick and 'clingy'. Furthermore I have probably using about 500ml of foam liquid each time I washed the car and as I'm a bit OCD this was getting expensive!

So anyway I saw a post on Instagram from a detailer I follow who was banging on about this lance that was this and that and was only about £20 so I thought okay let's give this a bash and see what these are all about.

I bought this off eBay : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141695688395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for £20.99 delivered next day, it arrived yesterday via courier and on opening the box there was a nice heavy item which was brass with 2 adjusters, felt nice and high quality.

Obviously I had to give it a go so I duly followed the instructions by heating the pickup tube under warm water to connect it to the brass bottom of the lance, filled it up with 1" of foam liquid and topped up with warm water. Now as I said before I had been using about 500ml before with okay results so I wasn't expecting much.

Clipped it directly into the karcher handle and off I went.

OMG how wrong was I thinking that lances wouldn't make much of a difference. The foam produced was thick and clingy and within a minute or so the car was covered in a nice layer of bubbling velvet foam. The best part was that I had used less than half the bottle, you could easily cover 3 cars with the litre bottle and this only with an inch of the foam liquid.

To say the least I'm very happy with this product and would definitely recommend this to anyone who has a pressure washer. They sell them with both karcher and nilfisk fitments.

I think this will pay for itself due to the much smaller amount of foam I will now be using, 1" in the bottle is less than 200ml, I could easily use half this.

Here is a PIC minus the bottle. Best £20 I have spent and looks like I will get a lot of use out of it.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Re: Best Budget Lance? Karcher/Nilfisk

Post by andyy »

The gauze blocks up pretty quickly.. but are easy enough to clean out :) I have the same one (from ebay) but I use TFR now as it's less messy and much quicker imo.
Irvysan
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Hi Andy, I have only used it once and gave it a thorough run through with warm water after I used it so this should keep it from building up scum. Out of interest which TFR do you recommend?

andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
In: Rising Blue

Post by andyy »

Irvysan wrote:Hi Andy, I have only used it once and gave it a thorough run through with warm water after I used it so this should keep it from building up scum. Out of interest which TFR do you recommend?

I use power maxed TFR! It's brilliant stuff and reasonably priced :)
Shaun1982
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White

Post by Shaun1982 »

Here's a random question for you. This manages to stand up on its own doesn't it? Unlike most lances
Irvysan

Post by Irvysan »

Shaun1982 wrote:Here's a random question for you. This manages to stand up on its own doesn't it? Unlike most lances
Yes it does actually, not sure how as it's quite heavy.

Sent from my phone