Scirocco in Bristol

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
MichaelM
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Scirocco in Bristol

Post by MichaelM »

Hi everyone,
I have owned my Candy white Scirocco GT for about 9 months now and love it.
It has the 2,0 litre engine and dsg gearbox which makes it a dream to drive and pretty quick with its 170bhp.
I was planning on keeping the car standard until I found this website.
Ever since I have been slowly doing small mods to the car and thought it would be a good time to show the car off.
This is when the car was standard

After changing the VW badges to gloss black and removing the lettering from the rear. I also sprayed the front grille/honeycomb gloss black and added candy white to the front.

After debating about it for a month or so I decided to put the car on H&R springs which changed the overall look of the car quite a lot. Would recommend everyone doing it.

I haven't got much else planned for the car as of yet but if anyone has any suggestions I would like to hear them.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures.
Michael
Tom
With a: Manual box
Options: #TeamAF

INSTAGRAM: @tomhamsyo
Auto Finesse Sponsored

Re: Scirocco in Bristol

Post by Tom »

:welcome:

Car looks really good dude, loving the mods so far! If you're going down the black&white theme have you thought about vinyl wrapping the roof? I was debating it for a while and it was eventually one of my first mod's, definitely the most effective. Wouldn't ever go back to a colour coded roof now haha!

Tom
http://www.autofinesse.co.uk
DM me for Scirocco Central exclusive Autofinesse discounts/freebies with your next order!
DAN180Y
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
Options: 18" MOMO Revenge alloys
VWR Springs
Stage 1 Remap
R side skirts
K&N Panel Filter
Front Splitter
20mm Spacers
Gloss Black VW Emblems
LED Interior Conversion

Post by DAN180Y »

youve got to get it remapped next buddy :yes:
Build Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current: Scirocco 2.0 GT TSI
Previous: Golf mk5 1.4 TSI Match, Golf mk4 1.6SE
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

Yeh I have been thinking about wrapping the roof but only just decided that gloss black was the colour I wanted. Was torn between matte or gloss black.
Where did you get yours done?
Is it something that you can do yourself?
Also can you remember how much it costed?

A remap is something I would like to get done in the future as I would like to save up and get it done by revo or someone similar.
Any idea what the increase in bhp and torque would be?
DAN180Y
In: Reflex Silver
Options: 18" MOMO Revenge alloys
VWR Springs
Stage 1 Remap
R side skirts
K&N Panel Filter
Front Splitter
20mm Spacers
Gloss Black VW Emblems
LED Interior Conversion

Post by DAN180Y »

MichaelM wrote:Yeh I have been thinking about wrapping the roof but only just decided that gloss black was the colour I wanted. Was torn between matte or gloss black.
Where did you get yours done?
Is it something that you can do yourself?
Also can you remember how much it costed?

A remap is something I would like to get done in the future as I would like to save up and get it done by revo or someone similar.
Any idea what the increase in bhp and torque would be?
i dont know for yours but for my 2.0TSI went from 200 to 250, somebody will know what to expect who has the same one as you ...
Build Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current: Scirocco 2.0 GT TSI
Previous: Golf mk5 1.4 TSI Match, Golf mk4 1.6SE
dimexi
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

I am in Bristol as well!! Loads of 'rocs about.

I havent done any external mods on mine (dont really fancy them), mostly interior. I fitted cruise control, an RNS510 and bluetooth module. Also installed a dashcam (west country drivers leave a lot to be desired), and I have done a few VCDS tweaks!

I am going for a remap next with superchips, nothing big! It adds 44bhp, so I'll go from 207bhp - 251bhp (with a % increase in torque too)! I am pretty excited about that, but I am wondering if I should change my tyres first.
Bowser
In: Viper Green
Options: Milltek Non Res exhaust
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

You weren't down in Taunton the other week by any chance?

Like this, subtle mods but how it should be!
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

Dimexi I didn't realise how much stuff you can change interior wise. I like the idea of the windows shutting automatically. Is that difficult to do?
I've only seen 3 or 4 other scirocco around my area but all standard by the looks of things. Are there any meets in the area? Would like to get some ideas of other owners.

Bowser: that wasn't me, must been there is one that looks similar to mine, might need to do some more mods now then!!
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

MichaelM wrote:Dimexi I didn't realise how much stuff you can change interior wise. I like the idea of the windows shutting automatically. Is that difficult to do?
I've only seen 3 or 4 other scirocco around my area but all standard by the looks of things. Are there any meets in the area? Would like to get some ideas of other owners.

Bowser: that wasn't me, must been there is one that looks similar to mine, might need to do some more mods now then!!
You can do a lot interior wise: The windows shutting automatically (when raining) was done via VCDS (VAGCOM), it wasn't too hard 'cos I own a genuine cable.
I see quite a few when I am around bristol! There are enough people on here to have a meet I reckon... Probably about 5 of us are active, will be good to have a group to help each other out with stuff.

If you need any VAGCOM mods, I will me happy to help.
Bowser
In: Viper Green
Options: Milltek Non Res exhaust
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

Windows closing automatically, how do you mean? if you press and hold lock or unlock the Windows will open and close.
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

Bowser wrote:Windows closing automatically, how do you mean? if you press and hold lock or unlock the Windows will open and close.
The wipers are automatic and detect when there is rain on the front screen. Looks like you can set it so when the sensor detects rain it will close the windows automatic. Just a small mod which would only save a few seconds.

Dimexi might be worth trying to get a meet then at some point. Especially if there are 5 or more active members. I would like to see some of your mods and see if it's something I would like done on mine. Unsure what can be done thought VCDS
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

I have used my VCDS mainly for convenience mods, and to install my bluetooth + cruise control retrofits. It has a lot of capabilities as a diagnostic tool, and also other powerful capabilities in monitoring engine parameters. I haven't delved as far as I want to into it though.

We can definitely arrange to meet, and I will show you things I have done to mine! There are a few blokes on here that need my help with VCDS, I will see if I can get them interested in "meets"
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

dimexi wrote:I have used my VCDS mainly for convenience mods, and to install my bluetooth + cruise control retrofits. It has a lot of capabilities as a diagnostic tool, and also other powerful capabilities in monitoring engine parameters. I haven't delved as far as I want to into it though.

We can definitely arrange to meet, and I will show you things I have done to mine! There are a few blokes on here that need my help with VCDS, I will see if I can get them interested in "meets"
Sounds good, think it would be worth making a thread on the events forums and see who might be interested?
dimexi

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Could Hijack this thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 18&t=18053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:p