Time between order and being told build week

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
greenstick
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Black Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Folding Mirrors, Carpet Mats, Flat Tyre Sensor, Smokers Pack

Time between order and being told build week

Post by greenstick »

Hi

Please could someone advise how long after ordering I should be told my build week?

I ordered 8th April and spoke to my dealer yesterday who advised "things are progressing normally" and the "order status is showing as accepted by the factory" but he wouldn't give me a build week.

I'm sure I've seen people on here post build weeks within a couple of weeks of ordering.

Should I be suspicious?

Thanks
samir786
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, Tyre Sensor

Re: Time between order and being told build week

Post by samir786 »

Hello mate,
I got my build week confirmed 4 weeks after ordering. To be honest, it didnt matter much to me when it was being built, as long as it was delivered to me by the date which they said it would.
Im still awaiting delivery of mine...and i was told to expect delivery by 1st week of June at the latest.
rako
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Parking Sensors, Alarm, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Mirror Pack, Multifunction Steering Wheel, Smoking Pack, Sport Pack, 18'' Interlagos, Dynaudio, Badgeless Back

Post by rako »

Well, in my case it has been almost 3 months after the order. Placed on 5 March. After month or so I had provisional week 22 but that was more like delear's assupsions and estimates, then yesterday 18 May it has been confirmed as week 22.

Btw: all that is for car ordered in Poland and so far everyone from Poland has been waiting that long for confirmation, so at least for us is seems to be a standard. I've noticed people in GB were getting their 'build weeks' much earlier.
greenstick
Options: Black Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Folding Mirrors, Carpet Mats, Flat Tyre Sensor, Smokers Pack

Post by greenstick »

Cheers

This is my first new car and I have a suspicion of all car dealers so just wanted reassuting that all is OK.
samir786 wrote:To be honest, it didnt matter much to me when it was being built, as long as it was delivered to me by the date which they said it would.
You're right, it doesn't matter, but this wait is killing me!
Veeto

Post by Veeto »

I ordered mine 11th feb and got estimated bw 22. As the week was getting close i went to ask my dealer last week whether they've got confirmation yet. Well they haven't. They said they get it only two weeks earlier before it'll be built, here in Finland.

I would not stay up nights waiting :D
tjanum
Options: (in Denmark)
18" Interlagos, ACC, RNS 510 Navi+Dynaudio, Rear tinted windows, Multifunction leather steering wheel, 2Zone electronic climate control, Carpet mats, Flat tyre indicator, Parking sencors, Electrically foldable door mirrors, Bluetooth Preminum, Xenon (range adjustable), Rain sensor, auto-dimming rear view mirror, coming/leaving home lighting function, Alarm with interior protection, Media-In, Catch up/Alcantara upholstery

Post by tjanum »

It does sound strange. Though the dealer can actually order a car without suggesting a build week at time of order, they most often try to book a build week or production slot for assembly. Even if your dealer didn't do this, at time of factory acceptance of the order, a build week is scheduled. Due to lots of unknown, this build week is not guaranteed by the factory, but the build week will be scheduled. Hence your dealer most have gotten a scheduled build week for your car on factory acceptance of your order.

When ordering my roc on April 1st, I was told by me dealer he would but in production for a slot in week 19. Only 5 days later he rang me and told, that the build week had been confirmed by the factory. Last week I called the dealer and asked if the car had been built in week 19 and he confirmed this. So now I'm just waiting for a call by the dealer telling me when to pick up my roc. Can't wait :yummy:

Anyway, had I placed an order for a car 6 weeks ago and had not yet received a build week, I'd probably push hard to get one, as the only reason he'll not give you one, is because he's afraid to have you on the phone everyday asking about delivery the first couple of weeks after scheduled build week :) . At least that's my guess.....
tjanum
Options: (in Denmark)
18" Interlagos, ACC, RNS 510 Navi+Dynaudio, Rear tinted windows, Multifunction leather steering wheel, 2Zone electronic climate control, Carpet mats, Flat tyre indicator, Parking sencors, Electrically foldable door mirrors, Bluetooth Preminum, Xenon (range adjustable), Rain sensor, auto-dimming rear view mirror, coming/leaving home lighting function, Alarm with interior protection, Media-In, Catch up/Alcantara upholstery

Post by tjanum »

Veeto wrote:I ordered mine 11th feb and got estimated bw 22. As the week was getting close i went to ask my dealer last week whether they've got confirmation yet. Well they haven't. They said they get it only two weeks earlier before it'll be built, here in Finland.

I would not stay up nights waiting :D
If you are referring to an order for a roc, I suspect it's not a standard roc if it's build in Finland :lol:
vwdan
Options: Tinted windows, interlagos 18in, dynaudio, fog lights!

Post by vwdan »

took 2 months for me to get my build date, only just found out 2day week 23!(confirmed) Not long now the nightmare is coming to an end!
Tawny
In: Sumatra
Options: Parking sensors; Truffle Leather, RDC510 'Dynaudio' soundpack; front and rear carpet mats

Post by Tawny »

I ordered mine on March 29th, which was a Sunday so in theory I suspect the order was actually placed by the dealer some time w/c 30th March. I've asked my dealer to email me once a week on a Tuesday with an update, which so far he's done - but with no news. Until today - with bad news that the damn thing has slipped a week and is now build week 23. So I suspect it will be at least the end of June before delivery.

He's really apologetic and has implied that he's chasing it up for me, and trying to bring it forward a week again and is hoping for JUST the 12 weeks from order to delivery.

On a long drive round the M25 today I saw two VW transporters - neither had Rocs on board - well, it was a quick glance as I was toeing it in my Golf 2.0 TDI. God, I can't wait for nice smooth, quiet petrol car. Out and about at the weekend, driving fast on the country lanes, I had to try and put thoughts of driving my new Roc in the sunshine right out of my head. This waiting is bad!! :cry:
AcC8braman
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by AcC8braman »

Hi,

Got confirmation from my Leasing company, my build week is next week, so hoping for 2 things - 2010 changes and delivery end of June.

Cheers

Steve
Counterfitpig
Options: Reversing Sensors, Folding Mirrors.

Post by Counterfitpig »

Hi,

I am still waiting for a build week although I only ordered it 3 weeks ago, so hoping to hear something in the next few weeks. I am assuming that the 'supposed' 12 week delivery time is the the 4 weeks to receive your build week and then an additional 8 weeks to delivery????????

Cheers!
The Darkness
In: Sumatra
Options: Parking sensor, folding mirrors, cruise and flat indicator.

Post by The Darkness »

^ Sometimes, but I ordered 6 weeks ago and do not as yet have a confirmed build week :(