What did you do to your Scirocco today?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Re: What did you do to your Scirocco today?

Post by Roy_01 »

Psycho Kirky wrote:Auto always had the lights on during daytime beforehand anyway. To be fair if a driver cannot see another car in broad daylight they should not be driving!

I personally think lights permantly on in daylight is unecessary, I get the safety aspect but being permanently on and the manufacturers manual method for disabling it being disabled itself is also rediculous.

I always use my lights in low light and bad weather conditions anyway like any other car, in daylight id prefer them to be off when set to 0. :D

Sent Via tapatalk
Ok, thats true. But you can code the permanent running lights (low beam) off with vcds. Only the drl on during daytime. On the highway i prefer to have drl lights on during daytime. A dark car with no lights on doest have a good visibilty in my opinion.
Psycho Kirky
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: MODS-
K&N Typhoon Induction kit
BCS Powervalve custom sport TBE
REVO Stage 2 remap
Airtec Stage 2 Intercooler
Forge diverter/recirculation valve
Sachs Performance clutch
'Heavy Set' silicone hoses
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

I do agree also, i guess individual eye sight and reaction times are also a big factor which differ greatly but are not really taken into account, especially the inexperienced and elderly. Lights can still be used if feeling uneasy on the roads. :)

Sent Via tapatalk
3t3p
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

Installed a Forge Twintake two days ago:
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=20043

Spent last two days polishing car:
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 31&t=20049
Last edited by 3t3p on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

3t3p wrote:Installed a Forge Twintake two days ago (thread in engines and tuning):

Spent last two days polishing car:
Looks mint, how does the twintake sound?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
3t3p
In: Viper Green
Options: R-tech Stage 1, Forge Twin take,19'' Talladegas, Rear sensors, Heated leather, RNS510 Satnav + Dynaudio, Tinted glass, LED Interior lighting, Electric folding mirrors, Custom mats, CBI Xenons, Yellowstuff pads

Post by 3t3p »

Cheers. Sounds nice, bit of a whoosh not too chavvy/intrusive.

I might do a video clip of it at some point.
selleym
In: Deep Black
Options: Mirror Pack

Mods:
Bonnet Struts
Metal Pedals

Post by selleym »

Roy_01 wrote:
Psycho Kirky wrote:Auto always had the lights on during daytime beforehand anyway. To be fair if a driver cannot see another car in broad daylight they should not be driving!

I personally think lights permantly on in daylight is unecessary, I get the safety aspect but being permanently on and the manufacturers manual method for disabling it being disabled itself is also rediculous.

I always use my lights in low light and bad weather conditions anyway like any other car, in daylight id prefer them to be off when set to 0. :D

Sent Via tapatalk
Ok, thats true. But you can code the permanent running lights (low beam) off with vcds. Only the drl on during daytime. On the highway i prefer to have drl lights on during daytime. A dark car with no lights on doest have a good visibilty in my opinion.
I always drive with my dipped beams on in any car. Coming from Norway where its a legal requirement.
Where the rocco is perfect for me as I never have to worry about turning them on and off. :clap:

On the country roads and over the moors I'm amazed how many people don't have lights on when its getting dark or foggy.
Even when you go through a dark part of road covered by trees on a country road people have no lights on. :eyepop:
If it was law here it would at least stop all those people. :)
mazzie_baby
In: Rising Blue

Post by mazzie_baby »

I drove her to work!! First time I've driven her since Sunday, so I missed her....

@mazzie_baby
@mazzie_baby

Follow Dolly's build thread here.... http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19772" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dunk04
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: APR Stage 1, Milltek Cat-Back (Non-Res) , VWRacing Cold Air Intake, H&R Springs.

Post by Dunk04 »

Talked the better half who's a silversmith into polishing my new milltek :D

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/dbryce93/19975075918/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Dunk04 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Progress Thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17459" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Roc Hopper
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Reflex Silver
Options: CC RPS
Focal 165 VRS Fronts
HBK Sills and chrome fog rings
La Prealpina Aero Roof Bars off for now
Bluetooth done now
Chrome exhaust tips (yeti)
Recessed front plate

Post by Roc Hopper »

Gave W a quick once over with Car Pro reload - initial opinion was ambivilent having used Sonax BSD and Bouncers D&D especially as it sticks like a beehutch to glass

But that said having taken a second MF to buff off its pretty darned good stuff, very glossy & slick

On the subject of DRL's I see that opinion is divided

as a motorcyclist I always oput my lights on - period, before i roll off the drive i double check that they're on

However in a car I find myself irrked by the need to legislate about such things (also seat belts but thats a seperate arguement which I wont start here)

On the one hand I am perfectly capable of determining whether I need lights or not, on the other I'm human and prone to err on occasions (though Mrs H would disagree with this vehemently)

On the looks front (which is a bad reason to make a safety decision) I think off looks better

There are the young, the old and the middle aged persistent mobile phone users, those who will drive into you simply because they werer not looking, texting, shaving, putting on lippy etc and no amount of legislation can account for that

Basically it should be a personal choice but sadly the Eurocrats no longer believe we are capable of setermining this for ourselves hence the legislation. Sadly a self fulfilling prophecy because the more they legislate the less we need to think QED.

Sad but true - sigh :rolleyes:
dimexi
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Nice and succinct post there by roc hopper.
I have always hated the idea of DRLs from even before I got my licence (always remembered thinking Volvos looked even more hideous with lights on).
I disagree with the person above who said "dark cars" are hard to see with their lights on. if you cant see a dark car, in GOOD visibility due to no lights, then you might need a detailed sight check to make sure all is well (no disrespect of course, as this isnt a personal attack).

I think the people with problems (to add to roc hopper's list), are those who DO NOT turn on their lights in poor visibility or at dusk... I was on the M4 once (I cant stand drivers in the west country, there is a general low standard), it was about 8pm in winter, and this guy on the motorway had NO lights on.. I was mortified as I didnt see him in my rears as he approached me. Unfortunately, these are people that the legislation is designed to help...

I have turned mine off - I like to think I have enough sense when and when not to use my lights... Don't get me started on idiots who use fog lights when there is no fog.
selleym

Mods:
Bonnet Struts
Metal Pedals

Post by selleym »

dimexi wrote: Don't get me started on idiots who use fog lights when there is no fog.
But that's cool though isn't it... haha :lol:
selleym

Mods:
Bonnet Struts
Metal Pedals

Post by selleym »

So set off 30 miles of range left.
Petrol station 12 miles away.
Arrive at petrol station :eyepop: eek that was close

Paddy_R
In: Candy White

Post by Paddy_R »

Yep, the bottom 1/4 of the tank as indicated on the guage is nowhere near an actual 1/4 of the tank I've come to realise. I can get 600+ miles from the first 3/4 as indicated from my 140 TDi but only around 120 from the bottom 1/4. Strange but true.
mazzie_baby

Post by mazzie_baby »

Don't get me started on running out of petrol..... and when at home too!!

@mazzie_baby
@mazzie_baby

Follow Dolly's build thread here.... http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19772" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

LED DRLs today :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Psycho Kirky
In: Salsa Red
Options: MODS-
K&N Typhoon Induction kit
BCS Powervalve custom sport TBE
REVO Stage 2 remap
Airtec Stage 2 Intercooler
Forge diverter/recirculation valve
Sachs Performance clutch
'Heavy Set' silicone hoses
REVO Torque Mount Insert
Various detailing

Post by Psycho Kirky »

dimexi wrote:Nice and succinct post there by roc hopper.
I have always hated the idea of DRLs from even before I got my licence (always remembered thinking Volvos looked even more hideous with lights on).
I disagree with the person above who said "dark cars" are hard to see with their lights on. if you cant see a dark car, in GOOD visibility due to no lights, then you might need a detailed sight check to make sure all is well (no disrespect of course, as this isnt a personal attack).

I think the people with problems (to add to roc hopper's list), are those who DO NOT turn on their lights in poor visibility or at dusk... I was on the M4 once (I cant stand drivers in the west country, there is a general low standard), it was about 8pm in winter, and this guy on the motorway had NO lights on.. I was mortified as I didnt see him in my rears as he approached me. Unfortunately, these are people that the legislation is designed to help...

I have turned mine off - I like to think I have enough sense when and when not to use my lights... Don't get me started on idiots who use fog lights when there is no fog.
Finally, someone on the same wave length as me! :D

Sent Via tapatalk
JamesE
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by JamesE »

Gave it a clean, changing my front spacers tomorrow Image
Instagram jamesjre94
C00PS
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Red LED foot well lights.
Red LED reading lights.
LED number plate lights.
Yeti tail pipes.
Metal pedals.
GT engraved foot rest pedal.
GT steering wheel Emblem.

Post by C00PS »

Just dropped it off for it's Service and MOT. Also told them about my no alarm siren noise and numerous misfires. Hopefully all fixed by today. #FingersCrossed

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
mazzie_baby

Post by mazzie_baby »

@mazzie_baby
@mazzie_baby

Roy_01
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Installed the door warninglights today, they are nice and bright:)
Now pain in my fingers from getting the doorcards off.
Just insert 2 pins in the T32 doorconnector pin 18 12v+ and 19 ground.
For the pins use repair wire cable 000 979 009.
And a little coding with vcds, there is a help screen in vcds wich yells you to ad 64 to the coding. Door module coding.
There is a topic with a full discription on this forum also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Roy_01 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.