My Scirocco Project

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Gazzagood
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Re: My Scirocco Project

Post by Gazzagood »

I just downloaded the files off the internet and burned them to a disc, found lots of info from a google search ;)

And yeh, I think everyone is scared to take it on as its not been done on a TSI engine in this country. APR will map it but only with their complete setup, that costs 7k! Pfft, no chance!!
Bowser
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Milltek Non Res exhaust
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

That sounds a bit steep!

I've found a link for the updates....

http://www.my-gti.com/3868/volkswagen-r ... repository" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't have a clue which one I need though! I currently have software version 4020, hardware version H64 and map version 7920, the headunit "H", so its one of the later units.
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

you should be fine using the latest software, I stopped at 3890 i think it was as my unit is an old one :( 2008 model
Bowser
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

Are you saying I'm running the latest software or I'd be ok to run the latest software? Think the maps and stuff are maybe 2010/2011? My car didn't come with sat nav, I've bought it and retro fitted it
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Stage wise, Stage Gazzagood :D lol,
Haha i hope this terminology catches on!!
Phil
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

haha :P

But in a serious note, none of the usual tuners will touch my setup, and I know why, they purely just resell other maps, aka APR or REVO... So it looks like I am going stand alone and a proper mapping sesson, the advantage is the car will be exactly how i want it, and i can have features such as anti lag etc :P

On the down side, its EXPENSIVE :( but I have given myself a year to get this project complete so it makes things easier :)
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Why won't they touch it at the moment, what have you changed thats stopping them from mapping?
Phil
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

philjay92 wrote:Why won't they touch it at the moment, what have you changed thats stopping them from mapping?
Forged internals, bigger injectors, GTX30 turbo, methanol injection etc. They only resell their pre written maps (maximum profit). They dont actually have the ability to write a custom map to my car.

APR and Revo could, but of course they are not based in the UK.

So I need someone that can either write a custom map on my standard ecu or just take the easier but expensive route of stand alone.

Go back a page and see my update :)
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Revo are based in Daventry which is uk. That's the head office so they are technically based in the uk
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:Revo are based in Daventry which is uk. That's the head office so they are technically based in the uk
oh interesting! Time to contact them then...! I dont care where i have to travel I can just put the car on a trailer
whiteDevil_170
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

I know that's the head office as it says that on the website. But it's also research and development. Last time I spoke to them they no longer deal with public sales . But yours isnt a normal sale so worth a shot.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:I know that's the head office as it says that on the website. But it's also research and development. Last time I spoke to them they no longer deal with public sales . But yours isnt a normal sale so worth a shot.
Yeh I will contact them, honestly all I need is someone who can write maps on the TSI ecu, if I had a TFSI (R) then I would have absolutely no problem, 4 out of the 5 companies I contacted would do it. But for some reason the TSI has just not had development in this country.

Although even if revo come back saying yes, stand alone is very tempting purely for the features it will give me!
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

Got my VW Racing engine mounts and front anti roll bar, I will get better pics at the weekend when I fit them!

Quick pic of 2 of the mounts

Bowser
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

These are not cheap mounts. Would be interested to compare it to the dog mount insert bush
tommoporter47
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by tommoporter47 »

Image[/quote]

Oh dat ass!!!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

Bowser wrote:These are not cheap mounts. Would be interested to compare it to the dog mount insert bush
I have a new rear dogbone motorsport rear mount and vw racing rear subframe bush, i will be fitting this evening so I will see how they go! Then its just the gearbox mount to go.
lostpoint
Options: Facelift R conversion, R brakes, OZ Wave 18'' alloys, RDKS, Competition-grade aftermarket infotainment

Post by lostpoint »

MrSeriousCat wrote:Impressive progress for 2 Months eheh
You need the new Xenon Headlights :D
Hi. How can I contact you? Cannot send PMs yet, need help with VCP. :/
MrSeriousCat
In: Salsa Red
Options: Xenon Headlights, Bluetooth Premium, Adaptive Chassis Control, Electric Leather Seats, RNS510 with Rear View Camera, Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, XDS, 19" Lugano

Post by MrSeriousCat »

lostpoint wrote:
MrSeriousCat wrote:Impressive progress for 2 Months eheh
You need the new Xenon Headlights :D
Hi. How can I contact you? Cannot send PMs yet, need help with VCP. :/
Check your PM Inbox. Gazzagood, sorry for the offtopic :yes:
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

Ask me on here, pm's are annoying as i get quite a few and my inbox is always full
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Gazzagood wrote:
philjay92 wrote:Why won't they touch it at the moment, what have you changed thats stopping them from mapping?
Forged internals, bigger injectors, GTX30 turbo, methanol injection etc. They only resell their pre written maps (maximum profit). They dont actually have the ability to write a custom map to my car.

APR and Revo could, but of course they are not based in the UK.

So I need someone that can either write a custom map on my standard ecu or just take the easier but expensive route of stand alone.

Go back a page and see my update :)
Speak to Andrew at ecotune, here is why :

"All of our software is developed in house on the rolling road and is tweaked to each individual car to ensure performance without compromise. We are currently booked around a week in advance, the Software upgrade takes roughly 2 hours including all dyno time, once completed you will be provided with a printout of your results with a before and after."

That was a reply in an email from them.

https://ecotune-scotland.co.uk/chiptuning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I asked for APR, They pointed out it was generic or I could have a custom remap specific to my vehicle. No brainer.

HTH

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk