Voice control + App connect

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
alex_412
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Voice control + App connect

Post by alex_412 »

So I've had my Roc for a month now and couldn't be happier. Couple of things that currently don't work on the infotainment system is voice control and app connect. Both say contact dealer, activation required...The online car builder now shows both of these as optional extras, although they both weren't available when I placed my order.

Having spoken to my dealer they advised that both Voice control and App connect were pulled by VW for some reason... Just wanted to know whether anyone else has a 15 Scirocco and has these both working at all?

Thanks

Alex
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Re: Voice control + App connect

Post by Irvysan »

alex_412 wrote:So I've had my Roc for a month now and couldn't be happier. Couple of things that currently don't work on the infotainment system is voice control and app connect. Both say contact dealer, activation required...The online car builder now shows both of these as optional extras, although they both weren't available when I placed my order.

Having spoken to my dealer they advised that both Voice control and App connect were pulled by VW for some reason... Just wanted to know whether anyone else has a 15 Scirocco and has these both working at all?

Thanks

Alex
IIRC You need to activate with VCDS. For the RNS315 anyway.

Mine doesn't work either even though BT audio works for calls and music.

I assume you are asking about voice command for making calls using the PTT button on the steering wheel.

My steering wheel for ref :

Had a dig around and found the VCDS instructions : http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/show ... S315/page2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; first post on that page.

HTH

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
alex_412

Post by alex_412 »

Thanks for the info, but not quite sure which unit i have, pics below if anyone could let me know...

So i have the voice button on steering wheel and on the left of unit - when pressed, message saying contact dealer not available or something along those lines.

Alex
OllieMK
With a: DSG box
Options: Winter Pack, Folding Wing Mirrors

Post by OllieMK »

The unit you have is the current MIB 2. This has since been pulled from the Scirocco. Some cars through May and June had these fitted but in mid June they reverted back to the RNS systems.

alex_412

Post by alex_412 »

OllieMK wrote:The unit you have is the current MIB 2. This has since been pulled from the Scirocco. Some cars through May and June had these fitted but in mid June they reverted back to the RNS systems.

Great, thanks. So i got lucky in getting this unit? Hopefully all will be sorted in due time via software update.. have to say even without the voice control and app connect compared to the RNS, this unit is a lot better/quicker reading from SD card etc from what i have seen. Also have USB port instead of MDI connection which is cool :nod:
OllieMK

Post by OllieMK »

My only issue with the the MIB 2 unit is the sat nav. It can take ages to enter and address or recalculate a route. I had this system on my SEAT Leon. The RNS, although it has a small screen, works pretty much flawlessly.

Crispy Duck
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Bi-Xenon Headlights, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Winter Pack, DCC, Multifunction Colour Display, Car-Net App-Connect, Cruise Control, Folding Door Mirrors.

Post by Crispy Duck »

OllieMK wrote:The unit you have is the current MIB 2. This has since been pulled from the Scirocco. Some cars through May and June had these fitted but in mid June they reverted back to the RNS systems.

Where did you get this information from?

My car was built 1st week of July. I paid the £100 extra for app connect, and as far as I was aware all new GT models come with the new MIB 2 Discover Nav system.
The current downloadable price list dated 1st May 2015 still has this as current information. The price list is usually the most up to date source of info – I have seen these being updated sometimes in the space of a few weeks on the Golf and Scirocco models. (The downloadable brochure and configurator are usually not up to date).

I won't be happy if I don't have the MIB II with app connect. This is a major reason for delaying my order past BW22.
OllieMK

Post by OllieMK »

This was from someone who works at VW. I can't give you a name as I wasn't meant to know. If you have specced the app connect then you will most definitely get the MIB 2.

Just be prepared that it might be called in for an update not long after you get the car should the issues not be resolved before your vehicle is built.

I wasn't told exactly what the issue is but if I had to guess I would say it is to do with the cooling of the processor used on the MIB 2.

This is a new system being shoehorned into an old architecture.

Crispy Duck
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Bi-Xenon Headlights, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Winter Pack, DCC, Multifunction Colour Display, Car-Net App-Connect, Cruise Control, Folding Door Mirrors.

Post by Crispy Duck »

Thanks for the info.

I've just rang my dealer as my car is due in any day now (tracker says it has arrived).
Unfortunately my main contact is away for 3 weeks (I'm waiting for September to pick the car up).
The guy I've just spoken to is going to get back to me if when my car turns up and he can have a look for me.