DSG or not to DSG that is the question

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.

What you got / think ?

DSG - it's slick & Smart
63%
Manual - feel in real control oldkool style
37%

Total votes: 115

MancDave

Re: DSG or not to DSG that is the question

Post by MancDave »

I had a DSG golf for 3 years got full beans everyday not a single problem , i would never buy a VW without DSG and i was a manual man for 10 years lots of sports cars .. :nod:

Having a test drive in a DSG is not good enough you need the car for a while to feel full benefit, i actually think i can now drive a DSG car round twisties much faster than a manual it just compliments the car so well,,, :D

I keep my integra type r DC2 for the track and manual changes :lol:

Personally i dont think VW'S rev well enough to make full use of a manual box my personnal opinion :eyepop:
Geoff Hibbert
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, 18" Charleston Wheels, 15mm Eibach Spacers, Cruise, couple of doors, a few tyres, hammerite calipers (chavtatsic) exhaust pipe things too and a silvery GT badge.

Post by Geoff Hibbert »

Well my Roc is the first DSG I have had and I love it. I've been driving for 24 years and had never used an auto before, it's great!!!! I love the pops it makes too when you accelerate hard, does the manual do that too??

Also loving the nods and flashes ffrom other Roc's :D
Westie
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather
Parking Sensors
Folding Mirrors

Post by Westie »

I'm a convert to DSG after nearly 30 years of driving manual boxes. To me you get the best of both worlds - driving in stop start traffic leaving it in auto mode but also having fun on country lanes using the paddles.
Flux
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Leather, RNS 510, Dynaudio, Premium Mats, premium Sills, 2011 R Gear Knob, Beep Locking, DRL's to Auto.

Post by Flux »

Ref the post about the DSG7... Sorry but 7 gear is too much choice, it will be constantly making its mind up.