Couple of questions :)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
chrisat

Post by chrisat »

Hey, I'm probably going to be buying myself a scirocco next week, and would like an answer to a couple of questions:
1: What happes if the battery dies, how do you get in the car? (Regarding the windows and the handle-free back door)
2: I have a dog, a boxer, have any of you had a similar size dog in this car? I'm a bit afraid that he will scratch the back bumper of the car...

Thats basicly it, thanks for any answers, and greetings from the northern part of Norway :)
blazeneon
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: MY2013 Spec, Carpet Mats, Chrome Tips.

Post by blazeneon »

Welcome,

I don't own a dog, but to answer your first question, there is a hidden keyhole in the front door handle. Will you be buying new or second-hand?

Phil
Ordered week 15
Built week 29
Arrived in UK week 31
Driving week 32
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: Couple of questions :)

Post by RW1 »

:welcome:

Welcome along.

1. As said. Its covered in the owner manuals with the Scirocco when you get it. And if it is factory alarmed there is also a small button down by the driver's seat belt mounting point to switch off the Ultra Sonic motion sensors for the cabin while the alarm is on.

2.. This is very good and fits well. http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... bag#p31226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; There is 10% discount for mentioning "Scirocco Central".

The bumper cover is an optional extra. I use 4 shoe laces trapped in the Velcro mounting strip to pack it away in a roll just below the boot lower lip on the inside back wall.

Chris
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
chrisat

Post by chrisat »

Thanks for the fast answers guys, I will be buying it second hand, 2009 model... If I was to buy it new it would cost me about 31000£... Got to love the norwegian import taxes on cars huh?

I liked the bag alot, and will definetly see it as one of my options :)
sunners
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black

Post by sunners »

My German shorthaired pointer fits in the car fine, and there is more head room for him than the bmw 1 series I had, . B&Q do a pet boot cover which fits well with a velco flap which fold out over the bumper think it was about 25 quid
gibbsy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

I've got the boot of my Roc completely covered by a 'Hatchbag' product. Although I've only got a Cocker Spaniel she is easily lifted in and out of the boot. You can get complete covers that will go right over the rear bumper. Here's the link to 'Hatchbag' I'm almost certain that they will supply you. It's an excellent product by the way.

http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/product.php?xProd=786" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

gibbsy wrote:I've got the boot of my Roc completely covered by a 'Hatchbag' product. Although I've only got a Cocker Spaniel she is easily lifted in and out of the boot. You can get complete covers that will go right over the rear bumper. Here's the link to 'Hatchbag' I'm almost certain that they will supply you. It's an excellent product by the way.

http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/product.php?xProd=786" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And don't forget to ask for the 10% discount for Scirocco Central!

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
voyager
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: cruise control

Post by voyager »

This might sound a bit odd but my yellow lab sits in the passenger seat but I have to strap him in to stop him falling onto me and extinguish the seatbelt warning signal. He does dribble a bit but on the whole makes a much more companionable passenger than my ex wife ever did and never criticises my driving. He seems to like the sculpted seats a lot better than the leather ones I had in my Audi and likes the big side windows cos he can stick his head right out. Caused a few interesting moments when I was in France because as far as the locals were concerned it looked as if he was sitting in the drivers seat; got stopped by the Gendarmarie once and once they saw what the score was they just laughed and waved me on. Tried to get him into the back once but he just looked at me as if to say 'you've got to be joking'.
gibbsy
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

Doesn't sound odd at all Voyager. I had an Irish Setter than used to sit bolt upright in the front passenger seat, I could even put the seat belt on him and he never moved. Got plenty of laughs at traffic lights. However, there is plenty of room in the boot of the Roc for a few Cocker Spaniels.

Gilez
In: Rising Blue
Options: Folding mirrors, luxury mats, Black leather interior, DAB RCD510 Radio, Sill Protectors

LED side, interior, number plate, puddle and footwell lights.

DRL coded off, so side lights only. Beep for alarm set/unset coded on.

Build Week 5 2010
10.02.10 - on the boat to the UK
20.02.10 - Took delivery

Post by Gilez »

chrisat wrote:Thanks for the fast answers guys, I will be buying it second hand, 2009 model... If I was to buy it new it would cost me about 31000£... Got to love the norwegian import taxes on cars huh?

I liked the bag alot, and will definetly see it as one of my options :)

Just out of interest, have you considered buying one from another EU country and just driveing it back and then re-registering it in Norway?

I have a Hatch Bag. My mountain bike goes in the back of my car and has served me well for the past 2.5 years and have no scatches in my interior or bumper yet.
I can rely on my car, it's my Roc!!!
mydogisbald
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet

Post by mydogisbald »

Has anyone tried the discount code recently?