2010 model changes

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Re: 2010 model changes

Post by jonallen628 »

rako wrote:
jonallen628 wrote:Has anyone had it confirmed that they are getting a 10My car any time soon? :yes:
Yeap. I was told my bulid week is 22 and should expect the new model. We'll see.
Best of luck with this, post up some pics when it arrives! :yes:
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
inimic
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White

Post by inimic »

jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

So they haven't changed to the MK6 Climate control unit then, just the steering wheel and cluster that have changed although there was a mention that the climate may now have white illumination. Have to the steering wheel is very Corsa VXR like, not that i don't like it but i am not sure whether it suits the Roc interior.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
jamiegc

Post by jamiegc »

jonallen628 wrote:There still seems lots of confusion about when the first 2010 My cars will arrive in the UK.

If the 2010 My is available to order from 01/05/09 given current build times are quoted at 16-18 weeks for a new order i reckon we wont see 10My Rocs in the UK until the end of August / Start Sep for 59 plates?

Or do we reckon people will get them sooner than this?

Has anyone had it confirmed that they are getting a 10My car any time soon? :yes:
i ordered my Rocco 28th April and have had it confirmed from VW that it will be built in 2010 spec with Xenons and delivered 1st September :D
MRKJM
With a: Manual box
Options: 19" Lugano's, Xenon Lights, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator

Post by MRKJM »

Contacted Vw customer service about the changes, got a reply saying the wheels wont be available to order until July 1st, :shrug: here is what the guy wrote,

As stated in my previous email the wheels will not be available to order until the 1st July. If your ordered your vehicle now there will not be Step an option for the 19" Lugano wheels.
sumatra brown
In: Sumatra
Options: everything except leather and navi

Post by sumatra brown »

how does the new xenons look like?
rehmondo
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

sumatra brown wrote:how does the new xenons look like?
I think they will look the same as they are not new, just been re-added back onto the order list now that whatever supply problems they had before have been solved.
ABN1C
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Leather, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Smokers Pack, Piano Black Interior Trim, Fiscon Bluetooth, Covered Cup Holder, Metal Pedals

Post by ABN1C »

It's quite poor that part leather seats still hadn't made it onto the options list. If they are available in Europe then there is no reason why they shouldn't be available here.
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Maybe this is a naive question but ..... is it likely that the new 2010 spec cars are the ones that are ordered / produced after the price increase earlier this year ?
alex_dlc

Post by alex_dlc »

the price change will come in some weeks, but if you order a car now, you will get the new 2010 scirocco. but even if you buy it now, when the price goes up, it will apply to you aswell. so, the price change will apply to every scirrocco being manufactured. some people i know will not get the new model and still have to pay more. i just talked to a vw dealer, and thats what he told me. so if anyone thinks they can still get the 2008 model, you cant. and you also cant avoid the price change.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

The price at the time of order is the price you pay - fact.

Any dealer who says otherwise is lying and trying to con you.

They wouldnt pass on any price reduction after order either . . .
Nobby
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Post by Nobby »

Not sure when the prices go up inthe UK but the new price list is on the French site and states that prices are valid from 1st May and are for the 2010 model year

If you order now you will surely get the 2010 model as they are to begin production week 22 (unless you buy a car from stock obviousely)

However, even If prices go up after you order, VW are not going to be asking you for more cash! :faint:

You pay what you sign up for on the order form
alex_dlc

Post by alex_dlc »

maybe thats how it works in the UK, but not here. the only way you can avoid the price increse is if you recieve the car before the price goes up. and since the price will go up this month, theres no way you can avoid it.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

alex_dlc wrote:maybe thats how it works in the UK, but not here. the only way you can avoid the price increse is if you recieve the car before the price goes up. and since the price will go up this month, theres no way you can avoid it.
Well this is a UK site .co.uk, so dont imply what happens in your country is standard, as most users here are UK. You dont even give you location. . . :rolleyes:
business manager

Post by business manager »

price changes are on polo and fox only
tjanum
Options: (in Denmark)
18" Interlagos, ACC, RNS 510 Navi+Dynaudio, Rear tinted windows, Multifunction leather steering wheel, 2Zone electronic climate control, Carpet mats, Flat tyre indicator, Parking sencors, Electrically foldable door mirrors, Bluetooth Preminum, Xenon (range adjustable), Rain sensor, auto-dimming rear view mirror, coming/leaving home lighting function, Alarm with interior protection, Media-In, Catch up/Alcantara upholstery

Post by tjanum »

Andy-GTI wrote:
alex_dlc wrote:maybe thats how it works in the UK, but not here. the only way you can avoid the price increse is if you recieve the car before the price goes up. and since the price will go up this month, theres no way you can avoid it.
Well this is a UK site .co.uk, so dont imply what happens in your country is standard, as most users here are UK. You dont even give you location. . . :rolleyes:
Very true. Price changes vary from country to country and are by no means globally set. I wouldn't be surprised if something like exchange rate changes during the past 12 months play a huge part, so I would expect prices to go up more in the UK (in £) than in Europe. Actually there hasn't been announced any price changes in Denmark at all, and my dealer told me Tuesday this week, that he hasn't heard of price changes coming any time soon.

By the way...sorry for taking up space in a UK forum :lol: . I've thought about launching a Danish Scirocco forum, but since there are only about 400 Roc owners in Denmark, I'm afraid I'll quickly get very lonely :D .

As for model changes, I was told that the production line would be set to 2010 model in week 21 or 22, but again this information might only be valid for cars build with a steering wheel in the left side of the car :) .
J400uk
Options: Golf GTD DSG

Post by J400uk »

Hi,

Does anyone have any info on 2010 Model Year changes for other VW models???

There is usually a PDF circulated at this time of year with details of model year changes but I havent been able to get hold of it :(

Thanks
Tallguy

Post by Tallguy »

Maybe it is just me, but I don't like the look of the new steering wheel - looks a bit flash.
Musovski
In: Sumatra

Post by Musovski »

Ive been told from my dealer that not only the steering wheel but also the instrumental panel from golf VI will be in the 2010 model year changes :)
Tallguy

Post by Tallguy »

Thats right and I don't like that either - have now seen the new Golf GTI in the metal which has confirmed my thoughts!