new xenon lights

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
alex_dlc
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

new xenon lights

Post by alex_dlc »

the new golf GTI has the new xenon headlights. the new scirocco MY2010 will surely have similar lights. but my question is, will they turn? i think the new GTI lights do turn left and right, but i havent seen it yet. if you look at the new lights, which are similar to the Studie R lights, you can see they might turn.
Xcal
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Highline Plus (Panoramic Roof, Climatronic, Cruise Control), Advance Pack(Xe Lights, Folding Mirrors), Dynamic Pack(Fog Lights, Tinted Windows, Donington, Alu Pedals, Catch Up Titan Black, Premium Mats), Tyre Leak Indicator, Premium Phone Pack, No Tags, Alarm, Parking Sensors

Re: new xenon lights

Post by Xcal »

alex_dlc wrote: but my question is, will they turn?
I have a dutch brochure from September 2008 saying they do, I would assume newer ones will as well.
And the wait continues... :kickcan:
inimic
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by inimic »

They don't.

There is a separate light that turns on independently when you turn.
alex_dlc
With a: Manual box

Post by alex_dlc »

inimic wrote:They don't.

There is a separate light that turns on independently when you turn.
yea thats the 'old' xenon lights, but the new ones will probably be like the GTI lights, and those do turn
sashpe
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Opal Silver
Options: Parking Sensors, Xenons, Dynaudio, MF Wheel, 2zone Aircon, Flat Tyre Indicator

Post by sashpe »

Does anyone have a good NIGHT picture of the 'old' xenons? I'm sure they are nothing that special (unlike the Audis) but...just curious?
sashpe
Options: Parking Sensors, Xenons, Dynaudio, MF Wheel, 2zone Aircon, Flat Tyre Indicator

Post by sashpe »

Digging deeper in the German VW website (more up-to-date than the UK one) it seems that the new Scirocco Bi-Xenon headlights comes with static corner lights and auto height adjustment while the GTI is specified to have dynamic corner lights. Doesn't entirely answer the question but sheds some light.
true
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: .
Heated Anthracite Leather
RNS-510 with 6 CD changer
17" Spa alloy wheels
Premium mats
Covered cupholder
Debadged rear
Cruise control

Post by true »

Just because the new GTI has dynamic headlights doesn't mean the Scirocco will too - they're different units.
raffoul232
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

I finially found your answear: the golf mk6 do turn but scirocco nope not a chance. Take a look (its helpfull for golf owners):

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... %26hl%3Den

"Bi-xenon headlights with curve lighting:

As an option, Volkswagen is offering the Golf GTI with completely redesigned bi-xenon headlights, including dynamic curve lighting. The headlights swivel through a steering radius of up to 13 degrees to the outside and seven degrees to the inside. The styling of the headlights closely matches the GTI’s sporty character. The interior dual modules (xenon outboard, parking light / turn signals inboard) each have a chrome pod through which a very impressive visual image projects. Placed low below the bumper – and also GTI-specific in design – are the vertically aligned and always standard front fog lights."
ALL MODS ON HOLD
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

These units could be reserved for the R20 Roc to distinguish it from the rest of the range. The standard Xenons will probably carry on as an option for the rest of the Roc range. The new 10My brochure shows the Roc with the standard Xenon units as on my car, but it wouldn't suprise me if they had changed and forgotten to update the brochure pictures.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
sashpe

Post by sashpe »

Yeah, the brochure doesn't include the interior 2010 update either. Are the DRLs xenon also? How does the static curve lighting work? Is there a separate bulb somewhere or is it just a fancy projector mirror inside the headlights?
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

sashpe wrote:How does the static curve lighting work? Is there a separate bulb somewhere or is it just a fancy projector mirror inside the headlights?
The static curve lighting on mine is produced by a dedicated bulb which illuminates when turning at low speeds or when the indicators are put on.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
Blueroc
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat Nav, Leather Upholstery, Winter Pack, DVD/Dynaudio, Electric Folding Mirrors,
Cruise Control, Bi Xenon Headlights, Parking Sensors

Post by Blueroc »

sashpe wrote: Are the DRLs xenon also?
No. On mine the DRL's are separate units using conventional bulbs.

Dave
sashpe

Post by sashpe »

DJW wrote:
sashpe wrote: Are the DRLs xenon also?
No. On mine the DRL's are separate units using conventional bulbs.

Dave
That's crap. They should've gone for xenons (or even LEDs). It would have made the car stand out a lot more. Thanks.
Blueroc
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat Nav, Leather Upholstery, Winter Pack, DVD/Dynaudio, Electric Folding Mirrors,
Cruise Control, Bi Xenon Headlights, Parking Sensors

Post by Blueroc »

sashpe wrote:
That's crap. They should've gone for xenons (or even LEDs). It would have made the car stand out a lot more. Thanks.
Not really. I am no great fan of DRL's but at least mine are relatively subtle. I hardly ever get flashed by other motorists which I am sure I would be if the Xenons were on all the time.

The design of the car is enough to make it 'stand out' as far as other peoples reactions to it are concerned.

It does not need to be lit up like a Christmas tree.

Dave
sashpe

Post by sashpe »

DJW wrote:
It does not need to be lit up like a Christmas tree.

Dave
You are probably right. Can't wait to pick up mine! Thanks
sashpe

Post by sashpe »

does anyone know if you could adjust the xenons for LHD and RHD from the car's menu. I know for sure that the 2009 Audi A4 has this function but does the Scirocco?
bianco
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

sashpe wrote:does anyone know if you could adjust the xenons for LHD and RHD from the car's menu
No, if You look in Valeo's catalog, they have different numbers for LHD & RHD Xenon housings for the Scirocco.