Saskia's build thread

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Jojreynolds
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro seats, rns 510, power fold mirrors, pano roof, full LED interior, LED puddle lights

Saskia's build thread

Post by Jojreynolds »

Hi,
first off im james and been a member of the forum for a while now but haven't posted much or been too involved, iv used the forum a fair bit for ideas and advice so thought id give something back and do i build thread to where i am now.
meet Saskia, i bought her on 1st of January 2013 after searching for the right spec for over 6 months.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jojreynolds
Options: Recaro seats, rns 510, power fold mirrors, pano roof, full LED interior, LED puddle lights

Re: Saskia's build thread

Post by Jojreynolds »

First thing I did when getting home from the 250 mile trip to pick her up was to change the halogen DRL's to LED ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jojreynolds

Post by Jojreynolds »

After a long wait due to saving up for a mortgage and moving house, I finally had some money to burn and started the mods.
Next on the list was to get it lowered, after looking around at different options, coilovers and air wasn't what I wanted to bought myself a set of H&R springs
ImageImage

From iPhone
Jojreynolds

Post by Jojreynolds »

Now the car was sitting better I had the wheels refurbished as I'd given up on finding a set of savannahs and my inters were in need of some tlc.
I changed the colour to gloss black as Iv always liked the black on white look so as it's no extra cost went for it.
Put a before and after of the springs on to show the difference.
ImageImage

From iPhone
Jojreynolds

Post by Jojreynolds »

My next mod I know is very hit and miss on this forum, it's a marmite mod and that's for sure. I personally love the look of the cup spoiler as it gives the rear of the car some personality and it's also pretty rare as I personally haven't seen many around.
A friend of mine does carbon skinning (well did) and he owed me a huge favour so as payment he sinned the cup spoiler for me which I love. It's one of my favourite mods and catches everyone's eye who spots it.
ImageImageImage

From iPhone
lesvw123
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: BCS R TWIN SPORTS CAT BACK EXHAUST
Votex front diffuser
road angel halo crash camera
Folding mirrors
90% rear tint
stage 1 remap Celtic tuning 199bhp
Pedal box
Rear camera
Vwr springs
Ispiri irs10 wheels 8.5 et 32
VWR panel filter

Post by lesvw123 »

The finish on that spoiler is top notch looks awesome it would look good with bottom part of your rear diffuser carbon wrapped or if your mate could do it in carbon coating
Jojreynolds

Post by Jojreynolds »

lesvw123 wrote:The finish on that spoiler is top notch looks awesome it would look good with bottom part of your rear diffuser carbon wrapped or if your mate could do it in carbon coating
Cheers. Yeah the finish is flawless, I was a little sceptical at first but really love the look and wouldn't go back.

From iPhone
Jojreynolds

Post by Jojreynolds »

I'll upload more progress when have some time. Car has changed a lot since the spoiler.

Instagram: James.reynolds
lesvw123
Votex front diffuser
Folding mirrors
90% rear tint
Pedal box
Rear camera
Vwr springs
VWR panel filter

Post by lesvw123 »

This is my old roc with the diffuser wrapped
Last edited by lesvw123 on Sun May 24, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jojreynolds

Post by Jojreynolds »

lesvw123 wrote:This is my old roc with the diffuser wrapped
I that a lot, was it hard to do? I always thing I'll never get a good straight finish on the bodywork.

lesvw123
Votex front diffuser
Folding mirrors
90% rear tint
Pedal box
Rear camera
Vwr springs
VWR panel filter

Post by lesvw123 »

I got a local guy to do it about an hours work it was a pain to do but it did make the rear a lot better
Yeh your car has changed and it looks the dogs boll---s
StevieP
Options: Leather, Bi-Xenon, Pan Roof, Dynaudio, Cruise, rear sensors

Post by StevieP »

Hi. What LED bulbs are you using in your DRL's? Any bulb alarms. Car looking good.
Jojreynolds

Post by Jojreynolds »

StevieP wrote:Hi. What LED bulbs are you using in your DRL's? Any bulb alarms. Car looking good.
It was a while ago but looking at them they looked like this and no error codes.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1435160551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

StevieP
Options: Leather, Bi-Xenon, Pan Roof, Dynaudio, Cruise, rear sensors

Post by StevieP »

Jojreynolds

Post by Jojreynolds »

The next mod on the list was a interior tweak. This was a quick and effective mod that I didn't like at first but grew on me every time I got in the car and now wouldn't have it any other way.

I pulled the dash and door trims out and sprayed them candy white to match the body work. This was pretty easy as long as you take your time between coats. There was a slight run on one of the door bits so re sanded it and was a easy fix.

Phil
In: Night Blue
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Post by Phil »

Your putting some people to shame with all your hard work :lol:
Phil
Jojreynolds

Post by Jojreynolds »

Next mod that went on was a front splitter. By coincidence philjay92 on this forum also ordered the same one so would have been rude to not have a car day and fit them. This was the splitter when it came and I give it a few coats of gloss black and lacquer before fitting
ImageImage

Quick trial fit before self tapping screws and rivets

This is the final result, I didn't want it sticking out too far so fitted it nearly flush with the front bumper.
So easy to instal and finished the front off nicely.

ImageImage

easyrider
In: Deep Black
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

couple of pics of saskia from the other night:

Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance