My scirocco major update

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Niqlai
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box

Re: My scirocco project - faceliftet to a 2015 model

Post by Niqlai »

chrismk2
In: Salsa Red
With a: DSG box
Options: RCD-510 Alarm

Post by chrismk2 »

Niqlai wrote:
chrismk2 wrote:Amazing job! Well done!
Wouldn't it cost you less money if you sold it and bought a genuine facelift car?
Well .. Not in Denmark .. I genuine faceliftet scirocco would cost around 31.000£ In DK Because of a dumb, idiotic and stupid tax system .. And I think I can get around 19.000-20.000£ And so far I have spend somewhere between 3500-4000£ all in all :) which I personally think isn't so bad :)

But on the other hand .. If I had bought a genuine faceliftet scirocco then it would be no fun because it would just like all the other "standard" 2015 model ... And in someways is more fun build that to just buy :) if you know what I mean :)
[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]
ΧΡΗΣΤΟΣ
GOLF MK2
YyB
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
Options: Powered by Siemoneit

Post by YyB »

Is it just me or is your boot lid brighter than the rest?
But great job!
Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

Alexanderrr wrote:Where are yourr R sideskirts? Makes in even better!
They are next on the list but I just found out that fasten points on the side skirts is broken so I will have to find myself a new set .. But I have the R doors that I will get ready for painter .. Anyone that know how to take of the door handle ?? .. Because I have keyless so I have sensors in the handle that I will have to move over to the new doors
Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

YyB wrote:Is it just me or is your boot lid brighter than the rest?
But great job!
Unfortunately yes .. A small error from the painters side .. But he have agreed to fix it when I send in the doors :)
MrSeriousCat
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red
Options: Xenon Headlights, Bluetooth Premium, Adaptive Chassis Control, Electric Leather Seats, RNS510 with Rear View Camera, Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, XDS, 19" Lugano

Post by MrSeriousCat »

Did the info I sent you helped? :)
Kinli
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White

Post by Kinli »

Very impressive indeed!

You say the steering wheel was plug n play? No coding needed? The facelift wheel has a mute button that the prefacelift doesn't, does that work right away as well? Did you notice any difference in the new steering wheel position? is it any closer to the driver than to original?

What about the gauge cluster? I see you only used the facia / bezel and the needels. Why not the whole cluster? are the cables / connectors different? Too much coding?

I'm have a 2012 scirocco R and I vey much like the idea of modernizing the car with some facelift parts as long as it's somewhat plug n play. :)
Woody_

Post by Woody_ »

Very well done, awesome looking car.

I am also looking for a Scirocco myself and seen a couple with those wheels on here, love the look. May I ask where you got them from?

Cheers.
Alexanderrr
In: Sumatra
Options: ACC / 18" / Stage 2 / R-Kit

Post by Alexanderrr »

Niqlai wrote:
They are next on the list but I just found out that fasten points on the side skirts is broken so I will have to find myself a new set .. But I have the R doors that I will get ready for painter .. Anyone that know how to take of the door handle ?? .. Because I have keyless so I have sensors in the handle that I will have to move over to the new doors
You have to kit your sideskirts? Only screw is in front arch. Whats different makes the "R-door"? :D
iDrive
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: R Line fully loaded

Post by iDrive »

Top car, i've done a facelift too. I would suggest u add side skirts and a sliding cup holder for the interior. Just a quick question, my facelift is complete only missing the new instrument cluster. Is the new instrument cluster a perfect fit? Or does it need a housing? Maybe modifying in some way? thanks.
Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

Kinli wrote:Very impressive indeed!

You say the steering wheel was plug n play? No coding needed? The facelift wheel has a mute button that the prefacelift doesn't, does that work right away as well? Did you notice any difference in the new steering wheel position? is it any closer to the driver than to original?

What about the gauge cluster? I see you only used the facia / bezel and the needels. Why not the whole cluster? are the cables / connectors different? Too much coding?

I'm have a 2012 scirocco R and I vey much like the idea of modernizing the car with some facelift parts as long as it's somewhat plug n play. :)
Nope there was no need for coding in mine :) .. the mute button dont work though, when I press it I activate the voice control system, but I dont really need a mute button so its not bad .. and no I dont really feel any diffence with the steering wheel.

And the reason I havent used the whole cluster because I could not get the little screen in the middle to start up and instead of having to figure out why I just took my own and fittet the blue needles :) .. but I have bought a new cluster from a Golf MK7 GTD to see if I somehow fit ;)

Let me know if you want to try fitting the dials from the new R .. bacause I have a set of Dials I pulled out of the 2015 cluster I cant use because mine is a diesel :)
Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

Woody_ wrote:Very well done, awesome looking car.

I am also looking for a Scirocco myself and seen a couple with those wheels on here, love the look. May I ask where you got them from?

Cheers.
I bought the wheels from a local wheel dealer for 800£ with 235/35/19 tires
Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

iDrive wrote:Top car, i've done a facelift too. I would suggest u add side skirts and a sliding cup holder for the interior. Just a quick question, my facelift is complete only missing the new instrument cluster. Is the new instrument cluster a perfect fit? Or does it need a housing? Maybe modifying in some way? thanks.
Its perfect fit but I dont think you will get the little screen in the middle to start up .. but if you do let me know how hehe ;)
Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

Alexanderrr wrote:
Niqlai wrote:
You have to kit your sideskirts? Only screw is in front arch. Whats different makes the "R-door"? :D
Then what about the 3-4 square shaped part on them ? are they not mounting points ?

Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

New project!!! ...

I have just ordered a 6 set of 50cm LED in White and 4 set of LED which can change colour from white to blue .. And the plan for the project is to make a decent set of ambilight that I will connect to my footwell light and a set of blue LED that I will connect to a small touch button which I can turn on when I am at VAG meet ups :)
DavidFerreira93
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by DavidFerreira93 »

Niqlai wrote:New project!!! ...

I have just ordered a 6 set of 50cm LED in White and 4 set of LED which can change colour from white to blue .. And the plan for the project is to make a decent set of ambilight that I will connect to my footwell light and a set of blue LED that I will connect to a small touch button which I can turn on when I am at VAG meet ups :)
THAT, I REALLY WANNA SEE [emoji50] [emoji7]
Sukhy

Post by Sukhy »

Some amount of work going into this, bravo!
Niqlai

Post by Niqlai »

DavidFerreira93 wrote:

I'm really looking forward to the result :) .. It's the first time I do such a "big" LED project .. But if it's a big success then I will make a guide :)
Mortyy
Options: parkingsensor, multifunction steering, rainsensor, dynaudio

Post by Mortyy »

Niqlai wrote:
DavidFerreira93 wrote:

I'm really looking forward to the result :) .. It's the first time I do such a "big" LED project .. But if it's a big success then I will make a guide :)
i hope it will go as planned for you ;) cant wait to see how it looks :) nice job so far! :)
Gazzagood
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue

Post by Gazzagood »

Hi Niqlai, I have sent you a PM about coding the rear lights :)