RNS 510 boot loop

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
greenmamba
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box

RNS 510 boot loop

Post by greenmamba »

I have an RNS 510 unit in my car, the one with the satnav etc, but yesterday after starting the car the RNS510 won't turn on. It's stuck in some sort of loop, where the "Welcome to Volkswagen" screen appears and then disappears, and then appears again. Any ideas?
risingblue78
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Re: RNS 510 boot loop

Post by risingblue78 »

I have just had this in mine - I think the ROM has gone. My dealer (independant) sent it off for repair which I have to pay half of (£250 total) but its not been returned to me yet. From looking on here, someone posted a link to these huys who do it for £90 - wish I had seen it sooner.....

http://www.rns510repairserviceuk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;‏

Cant say if they are any good but whoever posted it originally seemed to think they were

Good luck
greenmamba

Post by greenmamba »

Thanks mate! How old was yours - was there a particular reason they agreed to pay half?
risingblue78

Post by risingblue78 »

Car is a 58 plate but I had only had it for 2 weeks - and I wasn't budging from their office without something. The warranty they sold it with didn't cover ICE, so I was reliant on the Sale of Goods Act. Should probably have stood my ground for the full cost but its never quite that easy in person ....
greenmamba

Post by greenmamba »

Ah cheers. Do you have the link to the thread you found that link in? I've had the VW dealership guys tell me it's a problem with the HDD that needs to be replaced (costing £400) and that guy say it's the motherboard that can be fixed for £90...
risingblue78

Post by risingblue78 »

sorry - dont have the link. I just copied their web address and saved it as I thought it would come in handy. Whichever thread it was I am sure that someone said they had used them and were impressed. sorry I cant be more help