Victor

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: Victor

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

easyrider wrote:
whiteDevil_170 wrote:Fair enough mate. I thought u just got some piano black dash trim from another member. Car looks great and I'm still very jealous lol. Hmmm that's a bit rich for me to splash out on a spoiler.
yeah asquires wrapped my r dash trim but it's not great, tbh. can still see the engraving indentations. got a set coming that are from the gt and are smooth so going to try a bit of a diy paint job on them, should be much better.
Oh right fair enough. Post some pics up when you have done it.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
easyrider
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

couple of interior tweaks this week, really enjoyed these little projects. picked up the three pieces of dash trim from vw and painted them piano black. ordered those from the pre-facelift gt as they have a smooth finish rather than sand down and repaint the r ones which have a texture and pattern. can go back to standard easily - not that i would, love these black now.

lightly sprayed about 6 coats of gloss black with a 2500 grit sand between layers. then 3 really thick coats of lacquer with a gentle wet and dry sand before the last coat. looked great immediately after spraying, but alas some very fine orange peel turned up on the glove box piece when dry. slid it down to the bodyshop to get it flat polished.

cost and materials? easy...

pre-facelift gt trim pieces, vw:
V1K2 858 529 3H 5 TRIM £15.57
V1K2 858 419 3H 5 TRIM £10.02
V1K2 858 420 3H 5 TRIM £10.02

paint, halfords:
black gloss £7.49
clear lacquer £7.49
2500 grit wet and dry £3.99

bodyshop polishing:
crate of beer, lol!

here they are after a few coats of gloss black:

clip positions:

all done and in the car:

really pleased with them. dare i do the dsg paddles next..?!
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance
easyrider
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

second tweak this week, and credit for this goes out to peterg as it was his idea. nice one, sir.

ordered two types of blue 39mm festoon leds for the rear passenger light, 3smd and 6smd, so i had a choice in brightness. went for the darker, 3smd in the end. love the way they light up the back of the seats when you open the door, ties in really well with the blue footwells without being too much, and with my granny blinds in the back windows you can hardly see them from the outside which i like too.

3smd: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151336747280? ... EBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
6smd: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221012581857? ... EBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

next up: black felt in the coin tray next to the steering wheel. oh, the excitement!
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

easyrider wrote:couple of interior tweaks this week, really enjoyed these little projects. picked up the three pieces of dash trim from vw and painted them piano black. ordered those from the pre-facelift gt as they have a smooth finish rather than sand down and repaint the r ones which have a texture and pattern. can go back to standard easily - not that i would, love these black now.

lightly sprayed about 6 coats of gloss black with a 2500 grit sand between layers. then 3 really thick coats of lacquer with a gentle wet and dry sand before the last coat. looked great immediately after spraying, but alas some very fine orange peel turned up on the glove box piece when dry. slid it down to the bodyshop to get it flat polished.

cost and materials? easy...

pre-facelift gt trim pieces, vw:
V1K2 858 529 3H 5 TRIM £15.57
V1K2 858 419 3H 5 TRIM £10.02
V1K2 858 420 3H 5 TRIM £10.02

paint, halfords:
black gloss £7.49
clear lacquer £7.49
2500 grit wet and dry £3.99

bodyshop polishing:
crate of beer, lol!

here they are after a few coats of gloss black:

clip positions:

all done and in the car:

really pleased with them. dare i do the dsg paddles next..?!

Looks great! That's something I really want in my car.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
easyrider

Post by easyrider »

caught him napping with his mirrors tucked in after a long drive to deepest sleepy oxfordshire :hehe: :melt:

Last edited by easyrider on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimijokela
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: Airlift Performance suspension, Work Emitz 10"x19", 10.5"x19", R-bodykit and exhaust, Mk7 flat bottom steering wheel, remap, carbon interior, fully working Facelift R bi-xenons.

Post by Jimijokela »

Really love the piano black interior pieces!
easyrider

Post by easyrider »

parked up at the subaru dealers while we test drive a new car for my pal, al.

easyrider

Post by easyrider »

ended up in my favourite car park again after a friday night road trip...

whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Love this pic! :eyepop: :eyepop: :yummy: :yummy:

Where abouts in Oxfordshire was you..
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
easyrider

Post by easyrider »

best mate lives in witney, lovely round there.
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Ahhh cool. Not that far from me.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
easyrider

Post by easyrider »

easyrider

Post by easyrider »

Peter G
In: Night Blue
Options: Midnight Blue, Recaro Seats, Dynaudio, Pana Roof, Colour MFD

Post by Peter G »

Wicked Friday night and victor looking very goooood
Join the meet- http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 18&t=18385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My showroom - http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=18382" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
easyrider

Post by easyrider »

easyrider

Post by easyrider »

took a morning off work over the bank holiday weekend to fettle a bit. anti-rattle tape under the boot trim clips to stop them sliding when i open the boot if they work loose again, plus put some tiger seal around the clips to hold them in place. hoover, interior clean, fixed the metal footrest pedal down properly, washed the black boot blanket and got the small stone out of the plastic wheel arch trim by using a right-angle torx alan-key type thing - which meant i didn't have to take the wheel off. re-fitted the diffuser, using all the clips this time. no point washing him; i've got 1,000 miles to do this week...

...ok, so maybe i did wash and wax him, just not tyres or exhaust. fair compromise, work got boring again. :rolleyes2:

easyrider

Post by easyrider »

when i went down to the woods today...

whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

I keep looking at the gloss black trim. I need to do this. Only trouble is my centre console trim is different to yours as I have 3 dials in the climate control. So I can't use one of the part numbers...

Well looks like I have partially committed to doing this. Went to halfords at lunch to by a new clay mit and also bought some gloss black spray etc to do the job. Just need new trim or attempt mine.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
MattAy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Dsg, pano, winter pack, heated leather, cruise. Revo stage 1.

Post by MattAy »

Be brave and attempt yours, I've had mine painted by a mate and saved a fortune on new overpriced parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.0 tsi - Revo stage 1
easyrider

Post by easyrider »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:I keep looking at the gloss black trim. I need to do this. Only trouble is my centre console trim is different to yours as I have 3 dials in the climate control. So I can't use one of the part numbers...

Well looks like I have partially committed to doing this. Went to halfords at lunch to by a new clay mit and also bought some gloss black spray etc to do the job. Just need new trim or attempt mine.
do it, well worth the effort, devil, looks great in the roc, honestly i love 'em. all credit to MattAy too, as it was seeing his that made me have to do mine. cheers, dude..! :yes:

btw, part numbers above don't include the centre console as mine was black already, like my door handles and air vent surrounds. part numbers shown above are for the three slim pieces that go across the dash, shown in the pics above.

i just went to the local vw dealer to order mine and get the numbers, sure they can help you out with the console... just don't rush it and make sure you're orange peel free. good da polish should do it. tried a few compounds on mine to get that smooth finish but ended up buying a crate of beer for the bodyshop boys who painted the diffuser. they sorted the shine in about 10 minutes, way better than i could manage.