iPod distortion

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Mickey

iPod distortion

Post by Mickey »

Hi guys

I picked up my new scirooco GT this afternoon. Sumatra with Truffle and I'm really pleased with it...
BUT when i plug my ipod in through the supplied media cable the sound is really distorted. Everything else works I can see everything i should be able to on the screen and the ipod charges but it sounds a bit like the mnusics being played under water.

I've got Dynaudio and it sound great listening to the radio or even listening to the iPod through the Aux port but via the media cable it sounds rubbish.

I'll go back to the dealer tomorrow but any thought that could help point them in the right direction??
DJH255
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Bluetooth

Re: iPod distortion

Post by DJH255 »

No idea if this helps, but in my old motor I had to use an FM transmitter to connect the ipod to the stereo. This used to be really distorted unless the eq on the ipod was turned off (used to have it set to bass boost or rock).
inimic
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box

Post by inimic »

Sounds like a faulty cable assuming your iPod is ok.

Ask for a replacement.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hoping it is just the cable and not something between where you plug it in and the amplifer cause that would be a much bigger job. I'm going to go in this pm and see if i can get it sorted 1st job is clearly to try another cable.
jmn82
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise Control, Dynaudio soundpack, Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Premium Mats and Sills

Post by jmn82 »

Can't remember the exact name of the setting, but there is an option in the stereo setup to change the input voltage. If that is set the max, the iPod distorts pretty quickly when you turn it up. Lower the voltage and you lose most, if not all the distortion.
I've been Revo'd
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

jmn82 you're a genius :) my Scirocco is now fully working.
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

jmn82 wrote:Can't remember the exact name of the setting
Aux input level - older firmware had the options in voltages 0,3 - 1,0 - 1,5 - newer firmwares have them listed as low, med & high I think.
barrinpa

Post by barrinpa »

And a big thank you from me too - it displayed values of 0.3, 0.7 and 1.5.
inimic
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by inimic »

If I may...

Where exactly is the interface? Glove box or armrest?
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

inimic wrote:If I may...

Where exactly is the interface? Glove box or armrest?
If you got the standard radio or DAB it will be in the arm rest as your 6CD changer is in the unit,

If you bought the Sat Nav WITH 6CD changer then you do not have it as the 6CD changer takes the place in the arm rest.

To set Aux input level go to settings via the stereo option :yes: