Tom's Bagged TDiR : FULL 2016 R Fakelift - NOW SOLD - 11 Aug

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
the_winner
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Sport and Style Package ,Parktronic Sensors, Alarm

Re: UKtom's Candy White OEM+ Rocco - Progress!

Post by the_winner »

Nice !
I think that AP are the same with ST Suspensions, Weitec and Vogland and they are manufactured by KW , right?
Jimbo13fe
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Post by Jimbo13fe »

They are made by KW, but they are not the same(despite that they look the same). As far as I'm conserned, there are differences in the spring rates, in the valves(or something like that) etc. But in general they are all very good and will leave you totally satisfied!!
(In terms of overal quality, it goes: AP->Vogland->Weitec->ST->KW) But again, they will all work like a charm, and I don't know if the quality and overall difference is worth the money gap!!!
*All these apply to all those that don't track their car on a weekly basis!! If so, then you have to choose one of the last two ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ash.mtl
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: H&R Lowering Springs
Matte Anthracite Intergalos
K&N Panel Filter
Beru ignition coils
Stance + Spacers
Rear De-Wipe ( kill all wipers )

Post by ash.mtl »

Tom ,
Were did you get your splitter please pal ?
Tom
Options: #TeamAF

INSTAGRAM: @tomhamsyo
Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

ash.mtl wrote:Tom ,
Were did you get your splitter please pal ?
hey Ash, it was from a seller called hta-Subaru on eBay - very good quality and relatively easy to fit, would very much recommend! See here: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/310782714450?txnId=546935506021" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coilovers are now on! Car feels so much better and ride comfort is great, I can't rate AP coilovers enough.

I'll let the pics do the talking... I've started off with a sensible height whilst they settle :)

...and also some new rubber arrived today, being fitted tomorrow along with tracking (both very much needed!)

Hope you guys like! Plenty more to come over the next couple of weeks!! :yippee:
Tom
http://www.autofinesse.co.uk
DM me for Scirocco Central exclusive Autofinesse discounts/freebies with your next order!
ash.mtl
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: H&R Lowering Springs
Matte Anthracite Intergalos
K&N Panel Filter
Beru ignition coils
Stance + Spacers
Rear De-Wipe ( kill all wipers )

Post by ash.mtl »

Cheers thanks pal
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Tyres are now fitted and front was lowered a little more yesterday. Couldn't resist a pic:

:D
Tom
DM me for Scirocco Central exclusive Autofinesse discounts/freebies with your next order!
Jimijokela
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: Airlift Performance suspension, Work Emitz 10"x19", 10.5"x19", R-bodykit and exhaust, Mk7 flat bottom steering wheel, remap, carbon interior, fully working Facelift R bi-xenons.

Post by Jimijokela »

Looks good. Just lower it and put some wheels on.
tommoporter47
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green

Post by tommoporter47 »

Car looks insane dude so clean and simple! Yours the 2.0tdi? how does she run on the AP's as I was looking at getting either them or Weitec ones but don't know whether to splash out probably another 250 pounds and get the weitecs or not? ive heard AP's are good but just don't want a shit ride ie hard uncomfortable and stuff.
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

tommoporter47 wrote:Car looks insane dude so clean and simple! Yours the 2.0tdi? how does she run on the AP's as I was looking at getting either them or Weitec ones but don't know whether to splash out probably another 250 pounds and get the weitecs or not? ive heard AP's are good but just don't want a shit ride ie hard uncomfortable and stuff.
Thanks man! I've always really rated AP's and run them on a couple of my cars (so a bit biased!). Ride comfort is the same as standard suspension, if not better - really soft and comfy particularly for how low it is. Height wise I would like them to go a bit lower, but are good for a sensible height.

I actually lowered the rear more yesterday, below is a pic of the rears wound all the way down. Fronts have 10-20mm left and need some adjustment for it to be sitting level with the rear now. I could go lower if I was to remove the adjuster cups although from a safety perspective that's not something I want to do!

Hope you like :)
Tom
tommoporter47

Post by tommoporter47 »

Sweet, think ill be getting some AP's then dude thanks. Yeah I want to get rid of the horrible arch gap so as long as its level with the tyre or maybe a bit lower i'm fine with that. Don't want it impractical especially with the state of the roads.

Looks incredible dude. Did you happen to measure the size of your front plate too just bought my private plate (T24OOM) and want the same size front plate to have it flush with the lower grill like yours looks so much better.
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

tommoporter47 wrote:Sweet, think ill be getting some AP's then dude thanks. Yeah I want to get rid of the horrible arch gap so as long as its level with the tyre or maybe a bit lower i'm fine with that. Don't want it impractical especially with the state of the roads.

Looks incredible dude. Did you happen to measure the size of your front plate too just bought my private plate (T24OOM) and want the same size front plate to have it flush with the lower grill like yours looks so much better.
Awesome man! Sorry I still haven't measured it, but I got them from craigsplates - if you ask them for a 3/4 plate (same as people buy for clio 172's and 182's) they'll sort you out. If you struggle to find it, PM me and I'll get you the exact measurements mate :)

On another note, the fronts have been wound all the way down to match the rear, won't physically go any lower now! The car sits at a perfect height in my opinion, no arch gap and a sensible(ish) ground clearance!

Some pics from this evening:

Also got a few more goodies on order, will update here once they arrive :D
Hope you guys like!

Tom
tommoporter47

Post by tommoporter47 »

Hey dude, awesome ill go check them out thanks dude.

Car is looking sweet! you off to any shows this year might see you there!
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

tommoporter47 wrote:Hey dude, awesome ill go check them out thanks dude.

Car is looking sweet! you off to any shows this year might see you there!
No worries man! Thanks :D Yeah I'll be at a few, I put together a local car club which has really picked up and we have club stands at all major national shows this year (http://www.antistock.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - feel free to join our facebook page :hyper:)

I'll be at Fast Show at SantaPod on Sunday, we're in the yellow zone - look out for the AntiStock stand - we've got a huge banner you can't miss! I'll also be at Trax, USC and Modified Nationals so feel free to come say hi if you see me! :yes:
tommoporter47

Post by tommoporter47 »

Oh awesome dude looks good, I like how you have a mix of cars too man not just focused on VAG stuff. Too many people no adays hate on too much stuff just because they drive one group of cars.
Ah ok man yeah hopefully ill see you at a few. You going to Early edition?
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

tommoporter47 wrote:Oh awesome dude looks good, I like how you have a mix of cars too man not just focused on VAG stuff. Too many people no adays hate on too much stuff just because they drive one group of cars.
Ah ok man yeah hopefully ill see you at a few. You going to Early edition?

Thanks man! Yeah possibly going to early but probably just be general admission, won't have a stand or anything.

Couple of small updates and pics!

First was a pic of the car on our AntiStock club stand at The Fast Show, Santapod, last Sunday... I'm really happy with how it sits now:

I also got my tracking done earlier in the week after fitting the Coilovers a few weeks ago. Turns out both the tracking and toe were completely out so £40 later it's all been set correctly again :)

I've also just ordered some Soft99 Fusso Wax from Japan, has anyone used it before? Reviews sound really good, can't wait to try it out!

Tom
tommoporter47

Post by tommoporter47 »

Cars sitting very well dude. Still on the AP's? You going to get any wheels for it or leave it on the turbines?
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

tommoporter47 wrote:Cars sitting very well dude. Still on the AP's? You going to get any wheels for it or leave it on the turbines?
Thanks dude! Yep still on AP's, they're wound all the way down now :)

I'm currently saving for wheels! Looking at Rotiform's at the moment, but no doubt I'll change my mind over the next month or so that I'm saving haha. I'll be keeping and refurbing the turbines for winter wheels - I'm really tempted to do them a marmite colour like teal, but completely undecided!

Tom
the_winner
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Sport and Style Package ,Parktronic Sensors, Alarm

Post by the_winner »

How is with AP's at potholes? Maybe i will go with KW V1 Inox, they are on spring sale :D
The ride is more harsh with the ap's ?
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

the_winner wrote:How is with AP's at potholes? Maybe i will go with KW V1 Inox, they are on spring sale :D
The ride is more harsh with the ap's ?
AP's are really really good dude! No issues with pot holes or anything and I would say the ride comfort is as good as standard :)

The AP's are made by KW, but can't really compare to the V1's as I've never used them. For a budget set up the AP's are cheap and cheerful - I personally can't fault them and would happily run them on my next car too. (I only bought AP's as I had them on my Mini Cooper S and they were amazing on that too :))

Tom
Tom

Auto Finesse Sponsored

Post by Tom »

Haven't updated here in a while! Not much has been happening, just enjoying the car as it stands and saving for new wheels!

A couple of rolling shots I've been tagged in:

And yesterday the rear bumper was off! Only as I went to change the numberplate lights and the connector fell into the bumper hahaha. A good excuse to give it a clean behind the bumper though (OCD? :nod: ).

Before:

After:

Also got a huge stone chip last night, so a new windscreen is in order. The car is also booked in at the bodyshop on the 1st May, front bumper is being resprayed, smoothed and colour coded black plastics.

Hope you like :)
Tom