New facelift order

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Re: New facelift order

Post by skippy »

Yes- agreed, looks fantastic Les! Did it have one of those covers over it in the showroom proclaiming "I am ready to go home now!" I have seen that a few times particularly on the Golf's.
Lewis Miller
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Rising Blue

Post by Lewis Miller »

Picked mine up the other day

eightyeightmph
In: Pure White
Options: Mk 7 GOLF GTD
Pano roof

Post by eightyeightmph »

Update on mine, the dealership have spoken to VW and apparently the aux. gauges not working is a known fault and a new 'module' is required but with them unique to the R there's a lead time for replacement, should have the part within 2 weeks.

The query about the lack of colour MFD has been answered, the brochure and spec booklet are incorrect and an amendment is coming, but by way of compensation VW are sending me £250. Win.
2016 GOLF GTD
1966 Beetle (resto...one day)
skippy

Post by skippy »

eightyeightmph wrote:Update on mine, the dealership have spoken to VW and apparently the aux. gauges not working is a known fault and a new 'module' is required but with them unique to the R there's a lead time for replacement, should have the part within 2 weeks.

The query about the lack of colour MFD has been answered, the brochure and spec booklet are incorrect and an amendment is coming, but by way of compensation VW are sending me £250. Win.
Result on the colour MFD! so is that none of the dash top dials are working?
eightyeightmph
Pano roof

Post by eightyeightmph »

skippy wrote: Result on the colour MFD! so is that none of the dash top dials are working?
Indeed! Was expecting the answer but not the money, will pay for the first month of fuel :faint:

Yes, the aux dials on top of the dash, they light up but don't register anything. They really do look fantastic though, I liked them from the start but admit the brochure photos made them look a little tacky, sure the lap timer is a little redundant day to day (unless you're going for a new PB on the Tesco run), but the others will be satisfying and nice and re-assuring.
2016 GOLF GTD
skippy

Post by skippy »

Yes - £250 is a fair compensation I guess, I would not be too disappointed about it not being colour, I think it looks just fine with the standard 'white on black' .

Pity that the dials did not work, was that from the off? I assume dealer informed you of that unless it was not picked up during the PDI. Will be interested to see the dials for real at somepoint as they have been a talking point (as you will be aware) amongst a lot of us! :)
Greyscale
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Urano Grey

Post by Greyscale »

I have the colour MFD on mine, it's ok but you aren't missing much - it's only colour in a few keylines and background elements. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have bothered but I like gadgety things!
lesvw123
I drive a: R-Line
Options: BCS R TWIN SPORTS CAT BACK EXHAUST
Votex front diffuser
road angel halo crash camera
Folding mirrors
90% rear tint
stage 1 remap Celtic tuning 199bhp
Pedal box
Rear camera
Vwr springs
Ispiri irs10 wheels 8.5 et 32
VWR panel filter

Post by lesvw123 »

skippy wrote:Yes- agreed, looks fantastic Les! Did it have one of those covers over it in the showroom proclaiming "I am ready to go home now!" I have seen that a few times particularly on the Golf's.
No just a plain black cover , but they did send me a video of it covered the day before I picked it up which a lot of the dealers are doing it was a nice touch
eightyeightmph
Pano roof

Post by eightyeightmph »

skippy wrote:Yes - £250 is a fair compensation I guess, I would not be too disappointed about it not being colour, I think it looks just fine with the standard 'white on black' .

Pity that the dials did not work, was that from the off? I assume dealer informed you of that unless it was not picked up during the PDI. Will be interested to see the dials for real at somepoint as they have been a talking point (as you will be aware) amongst a lot of us! :)
I'm not, I like the white on black and think it's smart and in keeping with the rest of the dials/satnav, was curious and suspected the spec was different or had changed (as VW retain the right to do in the small print), just impressed they're compensating me.

No the dials haven't worked since day 1, I picked it up with 0 miles and the dealer haven't washed it or even cleaned off the delivery marks at my request. Looks like it was missed in the PDI, they light up so probably assumed working. Again, VW are phoning delay and keeping me updated as to getting it sorted so not too worried.
Greyscale wrote:I have the colour MFD on mine, it's ok but you aren't missing much - it's only colour in a few keylines and background elements. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have bothered but I like gadgety things!
Interesting you have it, the salesman said they were never going on the Scirocco but maybe he meant the R specifically, was it a factory option? Looks smart in the promo shots, although to be fair I'm concentrating on revs and eyes out the window whilst I get used to the extra bhp! :eyepop:
2016 GOLF GTD
eightyeightmph
Pano roof

Post by eightyeightmph »

First 'mod' done, MKIV Golf rear cupholder fitted, 2 min job once I found the right torx bit and realised you have to make sure the bottom is located correctly before you push it home. Much better and a load more practical :yes:
2016 GOLF GTD
uklee
I drive a: GTS TDI
Options: 14MY GTS TDi 177 RNS510 DAB with Dynaudio ,Parking sensors, 90% tint, Bi-Xenons, Full colour MFC, Winter Pack. MODS- De-Striped ,Reverse Camera Kit ,Power-fold Mirrors, Smokers pack ,Cruise Control, VW Cup spoiler ,VAG-COM tweeks ,LED interior light kit ,MSS Streets suspension kit ,12mm spacers

Post by uklee »

Greyscale wrote:I have the colour MFD on mine, it's ok but you aren't missing much - it's only colour in a few keylines and background elements. In hindsight I probably shouldn't have bothered but I like gadgety things!

I have to say i absolutely love my colour MFD ! :nod: , each of the 'screens' it displays is colour coded to those on the head unit (green for phone , red for music , blue for sat nav etc) , but the biggest difference is the pixel resolution. The characters and symbols are way more high res on the colour version - very much like the difference between an iPhone vs an old 90's Nokia.

Lee
lesvw123
Votex front diffuser
Folding mirrors
90% rear tint
Pedal box
Rear camera
Vwr springs
VWR panel filter

Post by lesvw123 »

One week of driving and loving it, tuning box and pedal box fitted giving that 150 engine loads of power and torque,as for the suspension settings I had my last roc in sport all the time the
Suspension is quite firm with 19 wheels feels a bit like sport selection as it handles really well, the dials they don't cheapen The car ,all comments I have had think they make the interior look the dogs b.......
eightyeightmph
Pano roof

Post by eightyeightmph »

One week, 542 miles and a visit to Midlands Car Care later;

Cannot speak highly enough of Russ at MCC, recommend 100% :yes:
2016 GOLF GTD
andyy
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
With a: DSG box

Post by andyy »

eightyeightmph wrote:One week, 542 miles and a visit to Midlands Car Care later;

Stunning!
Billc
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Post by Billc »

lesvw123 wrote:... the suspension settings I had my last roc in sport all the time the Suspension is quite firm with 19 wheels feels a bit like sport selection as it handles really well
Are you saying you didn't opt for DCC and it's quite firm as standard? I was asking about this in another thread ( http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =2&t=17839" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ).
Bill in Norfants
lesvw123
Votex front diffuser
Folding mirrors
90% rear tint
Pedal box
Rear camera
Vwr springs
VWR panel filter

Post by lesvw123 »

Billc wrote:
lesvw123 wrote:... the suspension settings I had my last roc in sport all the time the Suspension is quite firm with 19 wheels feels a bit like sport selection as it handles really well
Are you saying you didn't opt for DCC and it's quite firm as standard? I was asking about this in another thread ( http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =2&t=17839" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ).
didnt opt for dcc taking a chance that it would not be to soft and was suprised how firm the ride is .
having driven my last roc in sport all the time its a very similar ride
lesvw123
Votex front diffuser
Folding mirrors
90% rear tint
Pedal box
Rear camera
Vwr springs
VWR panel filter

Post by lesvw123 »

eightyeightmph wrote:One week, 542 miles and a visit to Midlands Car Care later;

nice looking car
Billc
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Post by Billc »

lesvw123 wrote:didnt opt for dcc taking a chance that it would not be to soft and was suprised how firm the ride is .
having driven my last roc in sport all the time its a very similar ride
Thanks Les, that's just what I needed to know although it'll cost me £810 since I nearly always use 'Normal' or 'Comfort'. I find Sport just a bit too harsh for my usual driving and reserve it for the very occasional back-road blast so DCC will be a must-have for me unfortunately!
Bill in Norfants
flashash
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

Eighty eight that looks awesome
eightyeightmph
Pano roof

Post by eightyeightmph »

Just fitted these and have 2 spare (bought 4 of ebay), first person to PM me with your address and they're yours!

2016 GOLF GTD