Advise before I buy please

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
magnum

Advise before I buy please

Post by magnum »

Hi all

I have a couple of questions am trying to find answers to

Am going to look at a 2009 GT 210 TSI but it has the old style steering wheel and the red dash text, and I would want to change these out for the 2010 steering wheel with the white text dash. Is the possible?

My other option is this car but bit concerned that it would have been hammered to death and possible dsg issues at some point with that power. Any body here know the car ? And reliability of the cars with this sort of power ?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks in advance
Darren
shshivji
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Opal Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: panoramic roof and cruise control

Re: Advise before I buy please

Post by shshivji »

magnum wrote:Hi all

I have a couple of questions am trying to find answers to

Am going to look at a 2009 GT 210 TSI but it has the old style steering wheel and the red dash text, and I would want to change these out for the 2010 steering wheel with the white text dash. Is the possible?

My other option is this car but bit concerned that it would have been hammered to death and possible dsg issues at some point with that power. Any body here know the car ? And reliability of the cars with this sort of power ?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks in advance
Darren
That link you have put has the new steering wheel and white MFD like you want :yes:

Shak
Luke.08
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: Pano roof. Winter pack. RNS510 with dab radio. Dynaudio. cruise control. Bi-Xenon headlights. Folding mirrors. Colour MFD, Recaro seats

Post by Luke.08 »

As said the link has what you want but personally I wouldn't trust a page with spelling mistakes like that.
magnum

Post by magnum »

Yeah I know that guys the 09 plate has the red dash though that's why I was asking if the dash and steering wheel could be swapped out for the 2010 spec ?
that link is for another car and yes the trader can't spell , you forum guys don't know of this modded one then ?
magnum

Post by magnum »

Can someone answer this if possible thanks
VW Steve
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by VW Steve »

Can be done,loads have done it with the mk5 GTI,i.e fitted the mk6 Steering wheel not cheap tho. Better to find a later model if you can stretch a bit further.
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

IMHO , not worth the hassle. The cost to do it (not too mention the time and effort), you may as well just buy a 2010 model with the later steering wheel/MFD fitted.
magnum

Post by magnum »

Ok thanks guys..

Nobody no that modified car on here then ?