New facelift order

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: New facelift order

Post by Cuprabob »

Leather includes heated front seats. It's personal opinion but for me leather is a must but I agree VW pricing for it is a joke
blue5
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Shadow Blue
With a: DSG box

Post by blue5 »

It's like they've gone out of their way to cheapen the interior. This is the place where I will spend most of my time, don't make my eyes hurt!

The salesman was mistaken when he though I'd be impressed When he said that the steering wheel and the dials are taken out of the Beatle. That didn't help at all. Turn off.
RocPaperScissors
In: Night Blue
Options: Facelift GT 184
Titan Black Alcantara/Cloth Upholstry
DCC
Reverse Camera
Folding Mirrors
Winter Pack
Cruise
Lisbon Alloys

Post by RocPaperScissors »

lesvw123 wrote:Mine left the factory today now in transit I'm hoping for the end of the month looking forward to driving a scirocco again
Took mine 2 weeks and 1 day from left the factory to at the dealer. Was delivered on Thursday and I'm picking it up mid next week.

As for the interior I might prefer the new one, looks fantastic in comparison. It's a shame leather seats aren't standard, I didn't think 1.8k was worth it either but I have gone for the winter pack for the heated seats. The facelift titan seats are a nice dark cloth with alcantara side bolsters, I'll be sat on it most of the time so it doesn't bother me too much. No doubt in another half year they'll include leather as standard on GT again.
mgreer11
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by mgreer11 »

That's a quick delivery, assuming you must live in Grimsby!!

It will be 2 weeks in transit next Monday for me. Ireland's a little further to go. I have no clue what the winter pack is? Heated seats in cloth is that legit?
lesvw123
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
Options: BCS R TWIN SPORTS CAT BACK EXHAUST
Votex front diffuser
road angel halo crash camera
Folding mirrors
90% rear tint
stage 1 remap Celtic tuning 199bhp
Pedal box
Rear camera
Vwr springs
Ispiri irs10 wheels 8.5 et 32
VWR panel filter

Post by lesvw123 »

RocPaperScissors wrote:
lesvw123 wrote:Mine left the factory today now in transit I'm hoping for the end of the month looking forward to driving a scirocco again
Took mine 2 weeks and 1 day from left the factory to at the dealer. Was delivered on Thursday and I'm picking it up mid next week.

As for the interior I might prefer the new one, looks fantastic in comparison. It's a shame leather seats aren't standard, I didn't think 1.8k was worth it either but I have gone for the winter pack for the heated seats. The facelift titan seats are a nice dark cloth with alcantara side bolsters, I'll be sat on it most of the time so it doesn't bother me too much. No doubt in another half year they'll include leather as standard on GT again.
I hope your going to post some pictures of your car after you have picked it up
I chose the R line as. I specked a gt with leather and r body kit and it worked out more than the r line so it was a no brainer it had to be the R line to get those extras
mgreer11

Post by mgreer11 »

Guys - is the 12 week period to give VW some wiggle room, or does it generally take less?

Obviously your desales location plays the biggest factor vl but interested to hear others experience
RocPaperScissors
DCC
Reverse Camera
Folding Mirrors
Winter Pack
Cruise
Lisbon Alloys

mgreer11 wrote:That's a quick delivery, assuming you must live in Grimsby!!

It will be 2 weeks in transit next Monday for me. Ireland's a little further to go. I have no clue what the winter pack is? Heated seats in cloth is that legit?
I was surprised too, I'm over the other side in the North West! The shipping might be different over your way too. Hopefully it's quick!

The winter pack is heated seats, headlight washers, heated washers and low washer fluid warning. It was only the seats I cared about (a warm bum in this weather is always nice!) but wasn't willing to fork out an extra 1.6k ish for the leather.
lesvw123 wrote: I hope your going to post some pictures of your car after you have picked it up
I chose the R line as. I specked a gt with leather and r body kit and it worked out more than the r line so it was a no brainer it had to be the R line to get those extras
Of course, once I can tear myself away from it at least!
Yeah that makes sense. I'm not fond of the 19 in rims and wasn't fussed enough about the leather to make it worth the extra cash. I do love the body kit though.
mgreer11 wrote:Guys - is the 12 week period to give VW some wiggle room, or does it generally take less?

Obviously your desales location plays the biggest factor vl but interested to hear others experience
Yeah it seems that way, but only by a few weeks in the end for me , I was given 31/11 as the delivery date. ordered at the end if July. Though it did arrive at the dealer last week. Your dealers monthly allocation may have a role too.
eightyeightmph
In: Pure White
Options: Mk 7 GOLF GTD
Pano roof

Post by eightyeightmph »

I've yet to see a facelift on the road, mine should start being built this week and I can't wait! :clap:

I love the dials although lap timer could probably be something more useful, wheel isn't as good as on the last one but still looks good to me, perforated one just collected dirt anyway so at least it'll be easier to keep clean.

I opted for the Recaro sports seats, pretty sure they're heated (?!), always wanted them and having had leather in the bluemotion I wouldn't want anything different. Best of all VW paid £1500 toward them :yes:
2016 GOLF GTD
1966 Beetle (resto...one day)
lesvw123
Votex front diffuser
Folding mirrors
90% rear tint
Pedal box
Rear camera
Vwr springs
VWR panel filter

Post by lesvw123 »

eightyeightmph wrote:I've yet to see a facelift on the road, mine should start being built this week and I can't wait! :clap:

I love the dials although lap timer could probably be something more useful, wheel isn't as good as on the last one but still looks good to me, perforated one just collected dirt anyway so at least it'll be easier to keep clean.

I opted for the Recaro sports seats, pretty sure they're heated (?!), always wanted them and having had leather in the bluemotion I wouldn't want anything different. Best of all VW paid £1500 toward them :yes:
I've gone for the £1500 off the price never done finance with them before but what the hell I may as well have the discount
eightyeightmph
Pano roof

Post by eightyeightmph »

R is 'in transit' on the VW order tracker, 4 weeks or less :yes:
2016 GOLF GTD
Jnorgate
In: Indium Grey
Options: R-Line
Xenons
RNS 510
Dynaudio
Cruise
XDS
Black Leather
Black Lugano Alloys
Folding Mirrors
Colour Multifunctional Display
Carbon Wrapped Mirrors
Previously Owned GT 170

Post by Jnorgate »

Mine has been in transit for 2 weeks and according to my dealer it's still sat in Germany. Grrrrrr
Greyscale
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Urano Grey

Post by Greyscale »

mine just went to 'arrived in UK' this morning :clap:
eightyeightmph
Pano roof

Post by eightyeightmph »

Greyscale wrote:mine just went to 'arrived in UK' this morning :clap:
Jnorgate wrote:Mine has been in transit for 2 weeks and according to my dealer it's still sat in Germany. Grrrrrr
Great! Am I right in thinking they all go through Germany for quality control checks?

How does it work with R's, do they leave Portugal complete or is work done in Germany?
2016 GOLF GTD
Jnorgate
Xenons
RNS 510
Dynaudio
Cruise
XDS
Black Leather
Black Lugano Alloys
Folding Mirrors
Carbon Wrapped Mirrors
Previously Owned GT 170

Post by Jnorgate »

I was told they are trained to Germany from Portugal. Quality checked then shipped to Grimsby, upon arrival they are allocated a transporter to take them over to the dealer.

Every VW has to go through quality check apparently. Why they can't just employ a bunch of Germans to do the quality checking at factory?
Greyscale
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Urano Grey

Post by Greyscale »

I asked my dealer where the cars go but he didn't know other than Portugal > UK. Seems to be pretty quick though, mine went from 'In transit' to 'arrived in UK' in 15 days.
lesvw123
Votex front diffuser
Folding mirrors
90% rear tint
Pedal box
Rear camera
Vwr springs
VWR panel filter

Post by lesvw123 »

Just called the dealers today my car is sitting in Portugal ready
For shipping I thought only the bumpers were made in Portugal not the whole car they have told me 3 weeks
mgreer11

Post by mgreer11 »

In transit: left factory on the 1st October, in transit: shipping 15th October. Last I hear it was sitting in Germany booked into the schedule for shipping to the UK. Feels less like 2 weeks more like 1 year!!
Jnorgate
Xenons
RNS 510
Dynaudio
Cruise
XDS
Black Leather
Black Lugano Alloys
Folding Mirrors
Carbon Wrapped Mirrors
Previously Owned GT 170

Post by Jnorgate »

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can do anything. I have been without a car from nearly 6 weeks now, due to selling it with the expected delivery of my car to be start of the month, and to top it off living in a village with a bus that comes twice a day getting to work or even doing day to day things has been a pain. I am currently having to beg and borrow wheels from work or my parents. I am starting to think this is a joke. As VW have my money and having signed the paper work. I am starting to get sick of just finding out every week my car is sat in Germany waiting for a boat. After being told I should have my car the start of this month upon order (which was the first day order books opened 15 weeks ago) I have had enough. Is there anything I can do? The dealer says they haven't got a car I can borrow so basically I have to lump it.

Any Advice?
RocPaperScissors
DCC
Reverse Camera
Folding Mirrors
Winter Pack
Cruise
Lisbon Alloys

Have a read through your original agreement, I'm sure I remember seeing some clause which covers you if they don't deliver the car within 30 days of the agreed date. It will probably put you back to where you stayed though (all of your money but no car or order). Speak to vw customer services and see what they can do?

Not to rub it in, but I've had mine for almost a week now and it's an incredible car. Looks stunning outside and in. I even like the new gauges, the officual photos make them look cheap and tacky but they look great in the flesh, especially when lit up. I'll get some photos up when I get a minute and can drag myself away from it. Glad I added dcc too. I've had a fair few stares from fellow Scirocco drivers and others.
Jnorgate
Xenons
RNS 510
Dynaudio
Cruise
XDS
Black Leather
Black Lugano Alloys
Folding Mirrors
Carbon Wrapped Mirrors
Previously Owned GT 170

Post by Jnorgate »

I am so jealous of you right now. How long did it take for your dealer to turn the car around? I must admit these problems wouldn't seem as bad if I was just waiting for a normal boring car but the fact it's something quite exciting the wait is killing. My dealer suggested they were holding them back to create a demand which is great for them but for those of us who need to car to get about due to living and work locations it's a right pain in the ass.
I will give VW a call at lunch and see what they have to say for themselves as it's becoming a real pain. Would it be wrong to contact the group director with my concerns?

Btw I have to say it again. I am so jealous