My Scirocco R

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
jackssc
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Recaro Bucket Seats, Folding Mirrors, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio Sound System, Rear Parking Sensors.

My Scirocco R

Post by jackssc »

Hey Guys,

Been lurking in the shadows for a while now and thought i should stick some pics of my car up and get involved!

Currently driving a 2012 Scirocco R in Candy White :) Had the car since December 2013 after a long search for the right car! was all set to put in an order for a new one until the order books were stopped, leaving me to search the country for a suitable used one!

After looking for 2-3 months, the right car came up with an awesome spec and i decided to go for it.
Was driving a 1.0L Micra Prior to the 'Rocco, so its a bit of a jump in power, especially at 19 years old!

From what I was told by the dealer, the original owner bought the car, kitted it out but worked offshore and didnt drive it enough and the dealership bought the car back.

Picked it up with a mere 1800 Miles on the clock and the following options;

Manual Box
Panoramic Sunroof
Dynaudio Sound system
Full Colour MFD
Rear Parking Sensors
Folding Mirrors
19" Talladegas
Recaro Bucket Seats

Very happy with the spec and the price. got the car from a dealership in Norwich and drove it back up north of the border and never looked back.

Had the car for almost 9 months now and its just had its second service.

done a few basic mods to make the interior a bit more modern. fitted LEDs all round with help to the excellent guides on here (thanks guys) and gotten into cleaning it properly! using the autofinesse range, again through recommendations from here and Detailing World and the car looks great. Will get some recent pics up soon!

Currently making enquiries into getting the wheels refurbished in gunmetal grey so hopefully that will be in the next few weeks. already experimented with a few photoshops and excited to get it done.

Also looking into getting cruise control retrofitted, just reading through the guide here but not quite understanding alot so im sure ill be asking a fair few questions!

Thanks!
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: My Scirocco R

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Jack its nice to meet you. my names Jack to !! :D :clap: your car looks fantastic. :yes:
so jealous that you got an r!! That is one serious jump in perfromance and car! how much is insurance on that only being 19 must be a small fortune. :fall:
great spec aswell mate very nice.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
jackssc
Options: Recaro Bucket Seats, Folding Mirrors, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio Sound System, Rear Parking Sensors.

Post by jackssc »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:Jack its nice to meet you. my names Jack to !! :D :clap: your car looks fantastic. :yes:
so jealous that you got an r!! That is one serious jump in perfromance and car! how much is insurance on that only being 19 must be a small fortune. :fall:
great spec aswell mate very nice.
Hey Jack,

Sorry for the confusion ;) My name is actually Scott haha username is just a mashup of my first and second name!

Appreciate the comments mate, spent so long searching for the right one with a good spec, waiting on insurance being affordable and saving up the money to go and buy one! Absolutely over the moon with it.

My insurance cost me £1300 Fully Comp with 2 yrs NCB, it would have been cheaper but i have my mum as a named driver and her non fault claims bumped it up a bit! But to be honest thats a pretty good price, especially for my age. Im 20 now and my insurance is due next month so we shall see what i get quoted! I live in a relatively good low risk area so im hoping for under the £1000 mark!
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

oh ok then haha bit confusing yes lol.
yeh its a great looking car and very good spec. plus recaro seats very nice :)..
thats not bad if you ask me. i just paid £538 for my car and im 22. but yours is a R and has almost 100 bhp more.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
jackssc

Post by jackssc »

A few more Photos in its clean state!

Parked alongside my dads R-Line Diesel :

Photoshop of possible wheel colour!

And some pics from a Recent trip up north to climb Ben Nevis with some awesome scenery.

whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Looks stunning mate. Your dads got style! Im liking the r alloys alot hmmm.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Bowser
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Milltek Non Res exhaust
VWR lowering springs
Neuspeed P-Flo
APR stage 1
Pressed metal plates

Post by Bowser »

Hell of a car for a lad your age! Lovely spec, lovely car! Anything planned? your dad has good taste too!
jackssc

Post by jackssc »

Thanks lads.

Only real plans at the moment are keep it clean! Im looking Into retrofitting cruise control, just trying to get my head round sourcing the right bits! All this modern technology is a bit daunting having grown up around and taking apart mid 90s Nissans!

Also looking into getting the wheels refurbed in gunmetal, hopefully in the next few weeks.

Thats my dads second rocco :) had a standard red diesel prior to it in 2010 and upgraded to an R line last year! Must run in the family ;)
feeney
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Post by feeney »

Pretty jealous of them seats man would'nt mind them for my R they look sick... cars looking nice man :yes: id keep the wheels silver if i were you (My opinion) and get it lowered! haha
jackssc

Post by jackssc »

Update time :

Few things changed since last time!

First i got a set of rear cupholders off ebay and fitted them! Had a bit of bother to start with getting it in place but got there in the end. Dont think they'll ever get used much as i rarely have rear passengers, but it looks better than the cubby hole!

Next I got cruise control fitted! I'd thought about doing it myself, but seeing as i don't have VAGCOM and didnt know anyone with it, i went to my local dealer. Spoke with the parts guy on a few occasions and has always been more than helpful! Definitely good to see someone that knows what they are talking about!

It turns out that VW do cruise control retrofit kits (supplied and fitted), so i seen this as a better option for me as the car is still in warranty and didnt wanna risk wrecking something. So anyway, there were two types of kit showing on the VW parts system for my car, The kit required would depend on the manufacturer of the slip ring fitted in my car. To save hassle, both kits were ordered in and a date was set.

Dropped the car off in the morning and got it back that evening! Only cost £250 as well as the car had a Valeo slip ring where the other kit was £300! Cant Complain at that!

That wonderful new control stalk!

Couple of pics with the interior LEDs fitted before! Not the best of pictures im afraid, i fitted white LEDs to the map reading lights and rear light as well as fitting red LEDs into the footwells. the interior is so easy on the eye at night!

I ordered a new snowfoam lance at the start of the week from AutoBrite, Received it today Happy enough with the product but not with the poor customer service! Asked for confirmation of my order twice and never recieved a reply. First of knowing it was on its way was a postal update from the courier.

Anyway i went out to test it this afternoon after work as the car was in desperate need of a full detail! Car hadn't been washed in weeks and was in need of some attention.

Car was snowfoamed and rinsed, before moving onto cleaning the wheels! The bucket of water was black after i was finished cleaning the alloys!

Washed the car, Went round with a bottle of tar remover and cleaned under the skirts etc then went over the car with Iron Out! the whole car basically turned purple! Then gave the car a going over with a claybar to remove any stuff that was missed. A Quick rinse then dry the car off with a microfibre drying towel. Thats as far as i got today as it was getting dark!

Will hopefully revisit again on sunday as i want to give the car a polish and then apply some wax ready for the winter months!

I've also bought some Gtechniq G1 Glass Solution to put on the windscreen and side windows in the hope it will help with not freezing up so bad. Getting up for work at 7am is bad enough without having to scrape the windscreen and pry the door seal open!

Got my insurance renewal through a few weeks ago as well. Was given a price of £1000 (Which i was happy about) but always like to try and get it a bit cheaper!

So phoned up my insurance company and told them that i was getting a cheaper price elsewhere (I hadnt actually looked anywhere yet) So after running through the details and the advisor applying the maximum loyalty discount, I got a price of £850 Fully Comp! Very happy with that.

Just for a bit of fun, i phoned up sky insurace afterwards to see what they were coming back with, and the guy was genuinely taken aback at how cheap i was being quoted consdering im only 20! Said that most 30 year olds struggle to even get quotes on these cars! So funnily enough, not getting a quote wasn't very surprising.

Thats it for now anyway, Still looking at getting my wheels powdercoated but gonna wait until my front tyres need replacing! Just hit 10k Miles so should be soon!
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Good stuff. Nothing unusual regarding auto brite customer service. they are well known on detailng world for their terrible customer service. Get some pics up after you have finished waxing it. Regarding prying the door seal open in winter months. Buy a gumiplege stick from eBay. It protects and restores window seals and helps prevent them from freezing and stopping the windows from dropping.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
jackssc

Post by jackssc »

Yeah Ive signed up to detailing world and thats where i went for the deal, got the snow foam lance and a bottle of magifoam for 40 quid. Probably never gonna use the magifoam as ive got a bottke of AutoFinesse Avalance in the garage.

Definitely poor customer service though, very dissapointed, probably would have been better going through amazon. Ah well at least it turned up.

You wouldnt happen to have a link to this gumiplege stuff do you mate? Ive had a look on ebay but its coming back with nothing?
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Magifoam foams up like shaving foam but cleaning power isnt that great. Avalanche is better. Its not as foamy but cleans better id say.

My bad I spelt it wrong

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/EINSZETT-GUMMI- ... 0397740572" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
jackssc

Post by jackssc »

Cheers WhiteDevil!

Ordered one so will see how it holds up!
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

No worrys. Car chem snow foam is top stuff to if you ever want to try something else.

It's good stuff but A bit of advice. If you over apply it go round afterwards and wipe excess off with a microfibre cloth to prevent it running down the car and leaving black streaks when it rains.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
jackssc

Post by jackssc »

Yeah I've had a look at the car chem stuff. Will need to give a shot when i've ran out of Avalanche! I take it, that it is is Wax-Friendly?
jackssc

Post by jackssc »

Had the chance to do a bit more on the car tonight as the weather was decent! So much for an impending hurricane.

Any way, I first gave the car a snowfoam wash to get anyloose dirt from the car. It was pretty clean already after doing on friday along with a Decon, but wanted a clean surface to work with when cleaning afterwards.

Next, a 2 Bucket Wash top to bottom and a rinse over.

Then Dried the car off with a microfibre drying towel.

I then Gave the car a coat of AutoFinesse Tripple Polish.

Next came a going over with AutoFinesse Rejuvanate Pre-Wax Cleanser.

By now, light was fading and it was getting colder. Took my pot of wax out of the fridge and starting to wax the car.Using AutoFinesse Illusion Wax. Done the bonnet, bumper and wings first and let cure before removing and working round the car panel at a time! By the time i was finished, it was dark. So unfortunately no finished wax photos :(

Also gave the Tyres a coat of AutoFinesse Satin Tyre Gel for a bit of shine.

Hopefully get some more dry weather so i can try and get a few more coats of wax on the car in prep for the winter!

Still need to properly clean the windows and get the GTechniq G1 on there ready for the frosty mornings. As well as waiting for the Gummi Plege stick to be delivered!

Anyway heres some pics, mainly after applying the first coat of polish.

whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Looking fantastic mate.!!
I had illusion on my car last year and loved it. Super easy to use. Spreads like butter and easy to remove.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
flashash
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

Did u wash your dad's as well. Both very nice cars