Fuel consumption

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Pete-B
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Fuel consumption

Post by Pete-B »

Hi,
Being a newbie this is probably a stupid question but here goes.
Does it have an effect on fuel consumption if I select different settings on the suspension switch on my 140 R Drive, ie comfort, normal or sport.
Thanks.
Waspy

Re: Fuel consumption

Post by Waspy »

Not so much you would notice. In theory firming up the suspension will improve it, but for such a tiny difference you really won't notice.
D C
I drive a: R-Line
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: cruise, electric seat, 19"Luganos

Post by D C »

Pete-B wrote:Hi,
Being a newbie this is probably a stupid question but here goes.
Does it have an effect on fuel consumption if I select different settings on the suspension switch on my 140 R Drive, ie comfort, normal or sport.
Thanks.
Interesting question, I use comfort a lot as the roads in these parts are pretty rough. On the odd occasion that I've used normal I've used more fuel, coincidence or what?
Dave.
Deagol
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

Not a DSG user myself, but I saw this thread on here and Cuprabob mentions (on 6th Feb 2014) that Sport setting may affect the point in the rev range at which the box changes gears:

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... rt#p133064" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Apologies if this link is defective - blame me not the website. Or try searching "ACC how and when do you use yours ??" )

Also, do I remember a Top gear edition when they got an low-spec Astra and demonstrated that by putting Go Faster stripes on it, the 0-60 time on a drag strip was quicker. The kind of music playing can also have an effect on the weight of the driver's right foot - Aerosmith v Tchaikovsky......

Placebo effect or what?

D
Baptised with Aerosmith
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Deagol wrote:Not a DSG user myself, but I saw this thread on here and Cuprabob mentions (on 6th Feb 2014) that Sport setting may affect the point in the rev range at which the box changes gears:

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... rt#p133064" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Apologies if this link is defective - blame me not the website. Or try searching "ACC how and when do you use yours ??" )

Also, do I remember a Top gear edition when they got an low-spec Astra and demonstrated that by putting Go Faster stripes on it, the 0-60 time on a drag strip was quicker. The kind of music playing can also have an effect on the weight of the driver's right foot - Aerosmith v Tchaikovsky......

Placebo effect or what?

D
The sport mode I was referring to was the setting within the DSG and not the sport setting of tbe ACC. The 2 systems are not connected and operate independently of each other on the Sciricco.
Waspy

Post by Waspy »

Deagol wrote:Also, do I remember a Top gear edition when they got an low-spec Astra and demonstrated that by putting Go Faster stripes on it, the 0-60 time on a drag strip was quicker.
You give Top Gear WAY too much credit...
Deagol
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

Sorry Cuprabob, in my defence though, I did say I'm not a DSG owner. I didn't realise there was no link between the Comfort / Sport button for the ACC and the same labels applying to the DSH system.

Waspy - If I remember correctly, it wasn't that much quicker !

D
Baptised with Aerosmith