Scirocco R

Everything about the R for potential owners.
easybreeze
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Scirocco R

Post by easybreeze »

Looks just like a Scirroco with the body kit on and the 19" wheels - but it looks soo good :munch:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/spysh ... cco_r.html
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
alex

Re: Scirocco R

Post by alex »

Lugano's :yes:
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Fog lights have been deleted, additional mesh for extra cooling of engine / brakes ? :yes:
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
alex

Post by alex »

jonallen628 wrote:Fog lights have been deleted, additional mesh for extra cooling of engine / brakes ? :yes:
That would be a problem if they wanted to sell it in 'northern' Europe.
chriszgordon

Post by chriszgordon »

What are the general opinions on how likely this R20T is to happen?

In other words is it worth waiting 6 - 12 months to see if one is released or just order a Gt now?

C
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

most upper range cars have fog lights in the headlights :yes:
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JMcQueen
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by JMcQueen »

I noticed they managed to russle together a pair of xenons for that one but cant for everyone else!
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

JMcQueen wrote:I noticed they managed to russle together a pair of xenons for that one but cant for everyone else!
Most of the Race prepared Roccos i have seen have also had Xenon units!

The lower fog lights will probably be incorporated into the new Xenon headlight units that were on the Bologna Car, coupled with LED DRL's as Ryan said.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
RobRoc
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking sensors, leather, winter pack.

Post by RobRoc »

ETA??
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Extract off Car Magazine website regarding the R20T, pics have been doing the rounds, believe it when i see it

VW Scirocco R20T (2009) scooped
By Ben Pulman

Spyshots

17 April 2009 11:00

These are the first pictures of Volkwagen’s new Scirocco R20T. Caught testing at the Nurburgring, this hot coupe will debut at the infamous circuit’s 24 hour race next month with 261bhp.

So this tweaked VW Scirocco has got some extra grunt?
Yes - 261bhp to be precise. As the R20T name signifies, this tuned Scirocco will run a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine, the same unit that will power the forthcoming Golf R20T and currently sits in the Audi S3.

But while the S3 and R20T Golf will be four-wheel drive, it's not yet known whether the Scirocco will be. The Scirocco uses the rear axle from the Passat, and there are no current four-wheel drive versions available. Yet with 258lb ft to cope with, we expect power to be sent to all four wheels.

This hotter Scirocco also features a deeper chin spoiler, chunkier side sills to match the curvaceous doors, and a fatter rear bumper, all inspired by the Scirocco Studie R concept. Unfortunately, that car's huge rear spoiler is absent on the production car though.

The Scirocco R20T will debut at the Nurburgring 24 hour race this May (where Volkswagen will once again compete with a Scirocco GT24 racer), before going on sale in the autumn shortly after the Frankfurt motor show. With Audi's three-door S3 costing £27,475, expect to pay at least £25k for the R20T Scirocco.
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
sciroccokartei
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Original

Post by sciroccokartei »

Greetings Gregor
Candy Monster
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

Can anyone see what the writing on the front wing says? :?
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

Candy Monster wrote:Can anyone see what the writing on the front wing says? :?

vw 354 9 0206
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nidge
Options: leather

Post by nidge »

Does anyone know if its going to be 4x4? I heard that the Scirocco uses axel from Passat which does not facilitate a rear wheel drive option.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

nidge wrote:Does anyone know if its going to be 4x4? I heard that the Scirocco uses axel from Passat which does not facilitate a rear wheel drive option.
The rear axle can take 4wd.
true
Options: .
Heated Anthracite Leather
RNS-510 with 6 CD changer
17" Spa alloy wheels
Premium mats
Covered cupholder
Debadged rear
Cruise control

Post by true »

Surely the rear doesn't have an axle if it's front wheel drive at the moment :shrug:
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

i think Andy-GTI gave a decent technical explanation previously, you have to remmeber scirocco is based on a golf floor plan, so Golf R32, R20T and S3 show show it can be done, how big the fuel tank and boot will be who knows
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Nobby
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Post by Nobby »

According to Auto Moto, a French magazine, it's got the 2.0 turbo from the S3 but more powerful, doesn't say how much so 270 is possible (saw this suggested in other posts about new engine sizes)

Also says it will be 4 wheel drive

Sorry the photo is so small :eyepop:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nidge
Options: leather

Post by nidge »

Guys, the queston relating to the four wheel drive - axel capability came from this article.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new ... 9-scooped/

really looking forward to this cars arrival, although happy with my current 2.0 t
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

nidge wrote:Guys, the queston relating to the four wheel drive - axel capability came from this article.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new ... 9-scooped/

really looking forward to this cars arrival, although happy with my current 2.0 t

have a look at the article again and re-read, it says scirocco uses a passat rear axle and there are no current 4wd scirocco's .