RNS 315 - European Maps

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
omar01709
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Cruise Control and Rear Tints

RNS 315 - European Maps

Post by omar01709 »

Hi guys,

Newbie here, I am just waiting in anticipation of my new Scirocco which should be collected at some point in May. The reason why I am posting this thread is because I plan to break in the car after a couple of weeks with a roadtrip to Lake Como from the UK, and I was just wondering if the standard RNS 315 System came pre-loaded with European Maps or not? I've looked around everywhere on the net but there doesn't seem to be an answer. I searched around the forums as well and I was out of luck. Seen on a few Aftermarket sites that their RNS 315s come with European Maps, but is that because they've loaded it themselves or some other chicanery? Lol

Has anyone taken their car abroad using the RNS 315? If so, how did you find it?

Sorry for the million and one questions guys, and I can't wait til I get the keys, been wanting a Rocco for years! :-)
D C
I drive a: R-Line
In: Viper Green
Options: cruise, electric seat, 19"Luganos

Re: RNS 315 - European Maps

Post by D C »

Mine has European maps though only used in UK
Enjoy your trip, many years since I drove to Como with only a tatty AA map
Dave.
omar01709
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
Options: Cruise Control and Rear Tints

Re: RNS 315 - European Maps

Post by omar01709 »

Ah brill, thanks a lot mate, much appreciated, you've saved me a few bob on a European TomTom/Mobile Data roaming bills! :-)