Bitten the bullet

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
aarondavies1310
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Heated Leather seats, dual-zone climate control, sat-nav, privacy glass, REVO Stage 1 re-map.

Bitten the bullet

Post by aarondavies1310 »

For a while the car has been making a slight noise when the cluctch is on biting point in either first or reverse when cold. More recently there has been a slipping in 4th 5th and 6th on the motorway when overtaking / accelerating. after research ive narrowed it down to being the clutch or flywheel. Ive Booked the car in and both are being replaced shortly. hopefully these problems will be resolved and can look forward to trouble free driving again.
aarondavies1310
Options: Heated Leather seats, dual-zone climate control, sat-nav, privacy glass, REVO Stage 1 re-map.

Re: Bitten the bullet

Well I've had the car back from the garage last week and can safely say im very pleased with the work. Pedal feels nice and firm again and the clutch feels nice and 'tight'. No squeeling / groaning noise when in first or reverse either which im pleased about.

The parts that were changed were the clutch, flywheel and release bearing and with labour I paid just short of £900 all in.
asquires1
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Post by asquires1 »

was this for standard oem or uprated parts?

mines doing the exact same
aarondavies1310

They were for replacement parts not upgraded parts. Majority of my driving is pretty easy going (commuting) so couldnt really justify paying the premium for the upgraded ones. This definite solves all the little niggly problems.
dan999
In: Candy White
Options: 210PS
Bi Xenon Headlights

Post by dan999 »