Trips in the Roc planned this year? Best places you've been

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Jamie_liverpool
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 2012 10,000 miles, candy white scirocco, dual climate control, rns-510 sat nav, Bluetooth, paddle gears, fogs, bluemotion,

Post by Jamie_liverpool »

Hi everyone,

With the weather being crap iv been thinking about the summer and nice summer trips out in the Roc . Been reading on here a few peoples trips down to the South of France an Germany etc so it's had me a bit inspired!! I'd love to drive down to Italy, especially lake Como. Trying to convince the misses might be hard like :rolleyes:

Last year I went to the Isle of Man, amazing place , drove some of the TT circuit, some of the best roads iv ever Come across , loved the place!!

Any one got any plans for the coming year?????
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced now by an F-Type.

Re: Trips in the Roc planned this year? Best places you've b

Post by Kev »

Nothing abroad but if the weather is right I'm planning to go out to the coast at Pembrokeshire to try a Milky Way photo in September. I'm easily pleased :)
skippy
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

I have never taken my Roc abroad, but will do for the first time next month, all the way to Bruges! Not far admittedly but looking forward to it!
Jamie_liverpool
Options: 2012 10,000 miles, candy white scirocco, dual climate control, rns-510 sat nav, Bluetooth, paddle gears, fogs, bluemotion,

Sounds good fellas!! Bruges is a lovely place, be nice to drive there! There's some lovely places in north wales which isn't to far from me that I need to get out and see!!!! Roll on the summer I say!!!!!
Griffspeed
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Cruise control
Winter pack
Folding mirrors

Post by Griffspeed »

Jamie_liverpool wrote:I'd love to drive down to Italy, especially lake Como. Trying to convince the misses might be hard like :rolleyes:
DO IT!!! :D
Went to Italy in ours last year - ended up at Lake Garda - fantastic!
The Mrs will love it - even the journey down there is great as long as you plan it properly and don't try to do too much in a day.
We're going to do Italy again this year - maybe Tuscany but certainly another Euro trip.
(I think the days of the Mrs on the back of my bike touring around Europe are sadly over so it's Roc all the way now!)
Do it and enjoy it! Good luck. :yes:
Jamie_liverpool

That's sounds like an amazing trip mate!! How long did it take to get there? How was the roc on a journey like that? Iv got the 140 BMT like yours ! Defo going to be looking into it for this year!
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Jamie_liverpool wrote:Sounds good fellas!! Bruges is a lovely place, be nice to drive there! There's some lovely places in north wales which isn't to far from me that I need to get out and see!!!! Roll on the summer I say!!!!!
Yes - Bruges is only about 65 miles from Calais, so it is only going to take an hour and a bit to get there. I will be parking outside of the city though as Bruges is not very car friendly, obviously has canals and lots of narrow streets, but park and ride facilities are good! Bruges was featured of course in Top Gear last Sunday with a certain JC in a McLaren P1!
Griffspeed
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Cruise control
Winter pack
Folding mirrors

Post by Griffspeed »

Jamie_liverpool wrote:That's sounds like an amazing trip mate!! How long did it take to get there? How was the roc on a journey like that? Iv got the 140 BMT like yours ! Defo going to be looking into it for this year!
We didn't go straight to Italy - went via Austria.
Trip went like this:
Overnight ferry from Hull to Rotterdam - 1nt stopover in mid Germany (east side) - into Austria for 3 days - into Italy for 5 days - Austria 1 night - I night stay in mid Germany (west side) - back to Rotterdam & ferry to Hull.
You could do northern Italy comfortably with stopovers of 1nt each in mid Germany and Austria to break the journey up.
If you try & do more than that in a day it'll become a chore (& Germany & Austria are very nice if you pick the right places).
Our Roc was fantastic throughout- never missed a beat, loads to the gallon, plenty of bootspace, super comfy, a quality sound system & great aircon!
As a bonus, everyone looked at it - we did over 2500 miles abroad and I only saw 2 Sciroccos on the whole trip!
Plan it carefully & you'll have a fantastic time (& so will your good lady)
Gray170TDI
Options: Used to have one

Post by Gray170TDI »

I did a scenic trip of the south coast of the UK last year. Cheshire to kent via the Cotswolds, then a day trip to France, followed by a days driving along the south coast to Somerset. It was only there that I had to re-fuel :nod:
rm0rgan
Options: SOLD

Post by rm0rgan »

I did South of France last year and it was easy in the Roc. As someone said, just take your time and don't try and do it in one go like I did on the way down!

Get yourself a toll tag as this makes life a lot easier.

This year we are doing the Scottish highlands so no overseas trip planned yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
<<<< He who laughs last, thinks slowest. >>>>
Ozmosis
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: RNS 510 Sat-Nav

Post by Ozmosis »

I live in Poland, and a couple of years ago did a road trip from there to Fort William. Really enjoyed it, and on the way back stayed in Amsterdam for a couple of days.

This year if my work schedule doesn't change, I'm planning to go south from Poland, through Czech Republic, Austria, Italy and on to Monaco for the F1 weekend (will be staying in Nice as the hotels there are priced for normal human beings!) Planning on taking a week to get down there, so me and the missus can see some beautiful sights before I get all giddy with F1 (and she gets bored!!) and then a few days to get back, taking a different route which could well include a bit of the Swiss Alps.... If it happens, lots of photo's will be posted! Lol

As has been said, to convince the missus, promise to stop over in some nice places. There's masses of possible routes which could throw up some surprisingly good roads (as I have found out in the past).

If you do it, you'll love it!
MartyRocco
In: Deep Black
Options: Cruise Control
Rear Parking Sensors
Factory Debadge

Post by MartyRocco »

We drove down to the South of France last year, and the car behaved impeccably. I found it far more comfortable than the Audi A3 we used the time before. On the way back we stopped in Annecy, Colmar and Bruge for a night each then on to the Zebrugge/Hull ferry. Although this gave us the opportunity to nip into Germany and have a blip along the AutoBahn for 5 miles or so, (I'm still surprised by being passed by a Lupo at 125mph!) it made for a long drive and I'm not going to repeat it this year.

This year we are doing something similar, but have opted to stay in Annecy for three days on the way down, so we can explore the Alps more away from the toll roads.

I second the toll tag, I've had one for a few years, and if you are going to use toll roads it's a no brainer to get one for what they cost and the time they can save.

Still slightly off topic,
If you don't have the built in SatNav, I can recommend the TomTom Live products. the delay on route notification was great.

I would think that this is the same for all SatNavs, but down in Provence it did keep trying to direct us along more rural roads to the point where they were no more than rutted tracks. We took to not taking a turning recommend by the Nav unless there was also a sign post on the junction.

The Italian lakes sounds great, just don't know if I'm going to keep the Roc past the end of this year......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A3Baak
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Dark Oak
Options: Light and sight package
Dynamic package
RCD 310 and NO Bluetooth
Donington 17" With Pirelli Cinturato P7

Post by A3Baak »

We went to Lake Como two years ago, it was amazing. Didn't had the Scirocco then just did the trip with the Bora.

I can imagine how the trip will be with the Scirocco via the narrow roads over the mountains........

Just awesome.

Regards,

Adrie
VinceXR
In: Oryx White

Post by VinceXR »

I'd love to take the Roc overseas sometime, I've only ever taken the motorbike to France and that was incredible.

Maybe some food for thought. :)
https://www.facebook.com/Ascalonmetal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A3Baak
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Dark Oak
Options: Light and sight package
Dynamic package
RCD 310 and NO Bluetooth
Donington 17" With Pirelli Cinturato P7

Post by A3Baak »

We went over the Splügen Pass, on the road we passed several bikers. It is a real hairpin heaven there :D .

The misses was not plaesed, but i had a really good time taking all the hairpins, sure wished i had the Roc then. :clap:

Grtz,

Adrie
finetrond

Post by finetrond »

Got a long trip planned in end of March beginning of April. 1900km one way. three week stay and back. From home to Sanya on Hainan island in China. Love it down there, "Sanya forever tropical paradise" Best place i have driven in Europe was from Davos to Milan, the Apls in summer are just awsome on the sunny days. Higly recommended.
Norway has some nice roads too, but mostly no fun to drive due to countless carvans and fines/jail time for "spirited driving"

I just wish the consumption on the R was better.
Collector of warning lights.
paddyyy13
In: Viper Green
Options: 19" Lugano Wheels, Leather Seats, Panoramic Sunroof, Parking Sensors, Fiscon Bluetooth Kit, H&R 35mm Springs.

Post by paddyyy13 »

Driving to Bruges at the start of April! Looks really easy to get to, after calais its only an hours drive! On the way back to calais, i'm thinking about stopping off in Ypres too! Id love to venture down to the south of france...then i remember i drive a 2.0l petrol
RoccoGTS
I drive a: GTS TDI

Post by RoccoGTS »

I went to Saint-Tropez from Antwerp. Was around 1200km one-way. Was very fun to drive there :D But very long! I was very tired after..

You should all go to CINEY 2014 in Belgium. Great meeting! Very nice cars! Sprints, shows, babes, I haven't seen the official dates yet, but be sure to check it out!

ANd probably the MEKKA of tuning!

wörthersee
wörthersee
wörthersee
wörthersee
wörthersee
wörthersee!!!

Be sure to google that! Huge event!
finetrond

Post by finetrond »

Hi all. The wife and I go for a trip when we find a nice place to go. And did we ever this time. Huanglong National park, its not to far from our home. With envy I've read about B road blasts and other colorful descriptions of UK roads. Then on the way to Huang long we come to the bottom of a hill that starts with a hairpin. No danger sign to see, just a sign reading: " The 10th turn". The road took us up to 3600 meter high (thats about 11000ft in English), the mountains are over 5000 meters.

Had to stop to take in the view. just 3300meter high here. The old R was not out of breath but i did enjoy using the paddles on the DSG to keep the revs up.

After climbing up on nice wide winding roads it was the same down on the other side.
Collector of warning lights.
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

^^^^^ stunning views that
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)