R Removed From VW Website

Everything about the R for potential owners.
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: R Removed From VW Website

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

wigit wrote:I've ordered 3 door DSG with 19s, ACC and Winter Pack in Leipzig Blue

People go made on spec and in reality its stuff i'm not bothered with and like the alcantara/cloth of the standard trim

I got a discount not same % of loaded one but i always think there is a bit of 'billy bullshit' on forums when it comes to discounts
sounds good to me.. u goin to be putting your gti 35 in for it?
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:sounds good to me.. u goin to be putting your gti 35 in for it?
My wife is currently contemplating a MK7 GTI but ideally wants an Ed40 so may have the Ed35 in the interim to replace her Pirelli, otherwise the 35 will be going and will be missed as its been a superb car
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I did have a DSG R32 for 5 years prior to my Rocco and loved it.

I'm sure the MK7 R will be cracker:-)
b0rk
With a: DSG box
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

Cuprabob wrote: I've not seen the option list but I do Dynaudio isn't available at launch and park assist is not available at all. I can only assume a set of Recaros is included. From experience when you startbticking the boxes it starts adding up:-)
The list I've seen does not show recaro's as an option I can only guess that for £14k the carbon leather and oryx paint is in there somewhere. However the most I can add every option upto is £8,679 from base :shrug: .

Need to drive one to decide really, the reasonable price and options has made what I thought was going to be a simple decision much harder.
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Yes, he says Recaros weren't an option so I don't know how the total came about. All he says is it was £40,500 after an alleged.£3,500 discount.and it had every option except sunroof. I include DSG and 5 door as an option.
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

You have had more cars than I have had hot dinners wigit! :)

Sounds awesome, oddly enough my local dealer called me yesterday to say that orders for the R are now open, but I am still eyeing up the GTI as a possible next car, depending how this Roc facelift turns out.
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

wigit wrote:I've ordered 3 door DSG with 19s, ACC and Winter Pack in Leipzig Blue

People go made on spec and in reality its stuff i'm not bothered with and like the alcantara/cloth of the standard trim

I got a discount not same % of loaded one but i always think there is a bit of 'billy bullshit' on forums when it comes to discounts
Good man, thought you would be tempted! :yes: Are you gonna keep this one standard? It should be an awesome package fresh from the factory, no need for any extra horses surely.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
wigit

Post by wigit »

sort of why I went for it John, some VWR springs, Stage 1, 18s for playtime (which I have) and maybe front brakes

ABT are quoting 370bhp for stage 1 which linked to 4wd is going to be fun
eMiL-VR6
In: Indium Grey
Options: Media-In, RNS 510, Black windows and GIAC Extreme, 300whp+

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

wigit wrote:sort of why I went for it John, some VWR springs, Stage 1, 18s for playtime (which I have) and maybe front brakes

Im to lazy to hit up some new info. Is there a new engine on the 'R or is it a updated 2.0T K04?
What's the difference?
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

eMiL-VR6 wrote:
wigit wrote:sort of why I went for it John, some VWR springs, Stage 1, 18s for playtime (which I have) and maybe front brakes

Im to lazy to hit up some new info. Is there a new engine on the 'R or is it a updated 2.0T K04?
What's the difference?
It now how has an EA888 2.0T in it producing 300PS (296bhp). Same set up as new S3 replacing the old.EA113 that was used in the MK6 and Rocco.
eMiL-VR6
In: Indium Grey
Options: Media-In, RNS 510, Black windows and GIAC Extreme, 300whp+

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

Cuprabob wrote:
eMiL-VR6 wrote:

What's the difference?
It now how has an EA888 2.0T in it producing 300PS (296bhp). Same set up as new S3 replacing the old.EA113 that was used in the MK6 and Rocco.
Thanks bob!
What's the different between EA113 and EA888?

Sorry for my laziness haha
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

The EA888 is the latest incarnation and is already used on lesser models of the Rocco and Golf. It is chain driven whereas the.old EA113 was belt driven and is much more efficient hence the very favourable economy figures despite 296bhp. The details on what is done to take it from 229bhp in the GTI to 296bhp in the R,.I don't know but assume mapping and bigger intercooler.

If you need more info you'll,need to wait until someone else comes along or Google
Last edited by Cuprabob on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wigit

Post by wigit »

Appears they may run a larger IHI rather than KO4 as seen a pic of a new S3
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

The new engine is apparently a EA888 gen 3. The S3 version of which has significant upgrades from the lower output version found in the mk7 gti, the mk6 golf and rocco used gen 2 versions.
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/muup ... 18TFSI.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; << differences between gen 2 and gen 3.
http://fourtitude.com/features/Miscella ... w-audi-s3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wigit wrote:ABT are quoting 370bhp for stage 1 which linked to 4wd is going to be fun
Any lead time on the usual suspects (Revo/APR) having maps prepared? The ABT map looks somewhat expensive and I know it is a tuning box not a software reflash.
wigit

Post by wigit »

Great article that and thanks for interesting where the power and torque kicks in, should be fun on the road

I'm sure it's one the tuners radar, would be nice to see a well known do a piggy back given the warranty police
Daveroof
In: Viper Green
Options: Pan roof 19" wheels

Post by Daveroof »

Just picked up my R after waiting 16 weeks for it to be built!
Got it in viper green pan roof and 19 " alloys extremely happy with it apart from the heated rear screen not working !! But vw are putting a new one in next week. Really wanted black alloys on this car as I did on my last GT model but was told its not a option on the R !! Very strange as it is on the r line and GT and GTS models ! So just paid £180 to get them sprayed black I'm happy now !! I take it I am now the proud owner of one of the last R 's of this build in the country will this help the sale price when I come to sell in 3 years ?? If so put your deposit down now as this car will be up for sale in October 2016 !! And will be in immaculate condition with around 15 k on the clock by then ! (Just sold my 3 year old TSI with 13k on clock ) has anyone got a pic of the new R ??
RoccoRwhite
Options: All options...

Post by RoccoRwhite »

Got my R 1st March this year... Loved the look on customers faces when they saw mine compared to there Scirrocco....
Dealer said all day customers commented and wish they chose my car.. Stunning car! Love it!