my Stage 2+ build

Everything about the R for potential owners.
samdehaan
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: AMD Stage 2+ - 380bhp

Forge twintake, forge front mount,
APR bosch fuel injectors,
Full system powervalve exhaust,
KW DDC coilovers,
19inch rotiform SNA wheels,
Audi S3 bucket seats re-trimmed in alcantara.

my Stage 2+ build

Post by samdehaan »

Hello all

I bought a candy white R back in October.
After buying i first bought a Milltek cat-back and forge twin take as well as an AMD stage 1 remap - leaving me with 320bhp on the dyno.

I had a terrible time with the Milltek, it droned horrendous amounts on the motorway so had take it off. (I wouldn't recommend buying one).

So since then I've now moved onto a different setup. I called up Nige at BCS powervalve exhausts, and they have made me an amazing valved full system turbo back which I am extremely impressed with. With the valved system i can sit on the motorway with absolutely no exhaust drone, its pretty much stock sound when off boost, but if i put my foot down, the sound is amazing. Its like the best of both worlds and I'm so glad i came across the BCS system (will post a youtube video if anyone would like to hear it).

I also purchased an APR fuel pump and engine mount to go with the full system and a Stage 2+ remap from the guys over at AMD essex. After pickup today my rocco is now running 367bhp. Its a completely different beast, I giggled all the way home and cannot wait to get out in it again, if anyone would like some videos/pictures let me know!

I can't seem to upload pictures but heres a link to a photo of the Rocco on my instag - http://statigr.am/p/590596096263226044_193085031" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eMiL-VR6
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Media-In, RNS 510, Black windows and GIAC Extreme, 300whp+

Re: my Stage 2+ build

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

Nice numbers! :)
Are you still running with OEM fpv, intercooler and LPFP?
Without having any problem with heat or fuelcuts?

Which year is your Roc? 2012?
Flux
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Leather, RNS 510, Dynaudio, Premium Mats, premium Sills, 2011 R Gear Knob, Beep Locking, DRL's to Auto.

Post by Flux »

Standard fuel pump is very capable of Stage 3 power... Same with the R's Intercooler too, as it's the same on the S3 now it shouldn't be a problem. Great figures there! only to get better.
samdehaan

KW DDC coilovers,

Post by samdehaan »

its a 2012 reg!

i run an APR fuel pump, forge twintake but no intercooler. I was advised that it wasn't actually needed especially in the winter. I friend of mine has an s3 with the same power and he doesn't run an intercooler so I didn't bother.

think my next purchase will be some KW coilovers with the electronic adjustable damping.
eMiL-VR6

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

Flux wrote:Standard fuel pump is very capable of Stage 3 power... Same with the R's Intercooler too, as it's the same on the S3 now it shouldn't be a problem. Great figures there! only to get better.
Mine hitted the buttom with stage 2+... According to my dealer the LPFP is the same as in the MK6 2.0t, atleast in my car.
So i changed it to a Audi RS3 LPFP and the fuelcuts were gone!

The intercooler is also a recommended part from GIAC and ppl get problems when the temperature get's over 25C and when the car is driving hard.
Flux
Options: Leather, RNS 510, Dynaudio, Premium Mats, premium Sills, 2011 R Gear Knob, Beep Locking, DRL's to Auto.

Post by Flux »

I just found out both items have recently been downgraded. On both the R and S3 so your right.

As for the MY08 to MY10 2.0tsi, R and S3 their fuels pumps are capable of powers in excess of 500BHP like the DSG and the S3 alloy inlet Intercooler is now longer available.

But if I was going for a bigger turbo, I'd defiantly get the APR FP to compliment the Turbo
eMiL-VR6

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

Flux wrote:I just found out both items have recently been downgraded. On both the R and S3 so your right.

As for the MY08 to MY10 2.0tsi, R and S3 their fuels pumps are capable of powers in excess of 500BHP like the DSG and the S3 alloy inlet Intercooler is now longer available.

But if I was going for a bigger turbo, I'd defiantly get the APR FP to compliment the Turbo
Any idea what the difference is between APR's FP and a OEM Audi RS3?
Flux

Post by Flux »

I think it's just size, quality materials and better ratio displacement for the specific turbos. RS3 one will be just a superiors tbh.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Flux wrote:I just found out both items have recently been downgraded. On both the R and S3 so your right.

Love to know where this came from as having a 2008MY K04 and 2011MY K04 equipped car which have both spent prolonged periods with tuners i will have to disagree as, also with noting lets focus on HPFP and as some people have changed the pump in their tanks for TTRS items to improve matters further:

MY2008 year cars do not use the later CDL, GTI/S3/Cupra R had mapping issues compared to MY2007 cars due to valve springs which meant car misfired near peak horsepower, some tuners revised their maps so peak power came in 500rpm lower some recommended a upgraded fuel pump (which was not needed)

MY2010 cars such as R/Golf R/S3/Cupra R/35 use the later CDL engine, these actually respond to tune slightly better than older cars and typically make 5-10bhp on Stage 1 depending on how billy bullish!t the dyno is and 10-20bhp more on Stage 2, fuel pumps on these are no different in terms of part numbers or revision to older cars with tuning potential down to slight revisions to the engine, some tuners offer different maps for CDL engines some use the same as before

If you are going Stage 2+ on a R you are going to need an upgraded HPFP fuel pump, heard cases of failure on all the options but on a £25K car i would be shelling out for an APR one or LOBA and wouldn't go near Autotech as it is an only as good as the person how fits the internals, based on feedback of those who have tested both i'd go for LOBA as less tax and more than equal on the performance front

None of the upgraded pumps match the IHI TSI fuel pump in terms of performance hence why when you strap a K04 on you are getting 360bhp+ and why German tuners are getting 370bhp out of latest A3 and forthcoming R before even APR and Revo have got their hands on it

Personally unless a Stage 2+ car has been properly sorted in the chassis department on a decent A/B road a Stage 1 or 2 car will be quicker as less power can be more, down the 1/4 or on the motorway yes 2+ all the way :yes:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
samdehaan

KW DDC coilovers,

Post by samdehaan »

wigit wrote:

Love to know where this came from as having a 2008MY K04 and 2011MY K04 equipped car which have both spent prolonged periods with tuners i will have to disagree as, also with noting lets focus on HPFP and as some people have changed the pump in their tanks for TTRS items to improve matters further:

MY2008 year cars do not use the later CDL, GTI/S3/Cupra R had mapping issues compared to MY2007 cars due to valve springs which meant car misfired near peak horsepower, some tuners revised their maps so peak power came in 500rpm lower some recommended a upgraded fuel pump (which was not needed)

MY2010 cars such as R/Golf R/S3/Cupra R/35 use the later CDL engine, these actually respond to tune slightly better than older cars and typically make 5-10bhp on Stage 1 depending on how billy bullish!t the dyno is and 10-20bhp more on Stage 2, fuel pumps on these are no different in terms of part numbers or revision to older cars with tuning potential down to slight revisions to the engine, some tuners offer different maps for CDL engines some use the same as before

If you are going Stage 2+ on a R you are going to need an upgraded HPFP fuel pump, heard cases of failure on all the options but on a £25K car i would be shelling out for an APR one or LOBA and wouldn't go near Autotech as it is an only as good as the person how fits the internals, based on feedback of those who have tested both i'd go for LOBA as less tax and more than equal on the performance front

None of the upgraded pumps match the IHI TSI fuel pump in terms of performance hence why when you strap a K04 on you are getting 360bhp+ and why German tuners are getting 370bhp out of latest A3 and forthcoming R before even APR and Revo have got their hands on it

Personally unless a Stage 2+ car has been properly sorted in the chassis department on a decent A/B road a Stage 1 or 2 car will be quicker as less power can be more, down the 1/4 or on the motorway yes 2+ all the way :yes:
Yes mate i agree. This is why i really didn't want to risk running a stock fuel pump with so much power. I know its a lot to shell out for an APR fuel pump but I still think it was the best option for me.
eMiL-VR6

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

What you think about the FPV (Audi RS4) wigit?
Some says it doesnt need to get upgrade but some still says it's a must.
The OEM valve can handle 140bar fuelpressure if i remember right, but the map doesn't requires more then 140bar? So why this hype with changing the pressure valve?
wigit

Post by wigit »

eMiL-VR6 wrote:What you think about the FPV (Audi RS4) wigit?
Some says it doesnt need to get upgrade but some still says it's a must.
The OEM valve can handle 140bar fuelpressure if i remember right, but the map doesn't requires more then 140bar? So why this hype with changing the pressure valve?
i never did much research in going Stage 2+ wand what was needed or not needed as for me i've never seen the point in putting that much power through the front wheels, by the time you bolt all the stuff on it to cope you end up with a car that bares no resemblance to why you bought the car in the first place

for me the best thread on modifying a rocco and doing it properly to cope is Rev 555 build thread

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=10684" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James321
In: Rising Blue
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

I'd be really interested in this BCS exhaust, I've found the website but it doesn't seem to work for me, non of the links are working in there so clicking on the scirocco R link just takes me to a blank page.

Does anyone have any info on this system with pictures etc?
RS5, Scirocco R. You can never have enough R's
samdehaan

KW DDC coilovers,

Post by samdehaan »

James321 wrote:I'd be really interested in this BCS exhaust, I've found the website but it doesn't seem to work for me, non of the links are working in there so clicking on the scirocco R link just takes me to a blank page.

Does anyone have any info on this system with pictures etc?
I have the BCS scirocco R exhaust. Its bloody impressive. Makes an amazing sound on boost (sounds 10x better than my MIlltek did), but on the motorway cruising its dead silent with the valve shut which is music to my ears. Perfect exhaust!
Their website is down at the moment but if you give them a ring and ask for Nige, let him know you've spoken to me and he will be able to help.

If i had your number i could always send some videos and pictures over whatsapp?
wigit

Post by wigit »

if you are Facebook join BCS Powervalve