Scirocco facelift spied in the US

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
bitmadmax

Re: Scirocco facelift spied in the US

Post by bitmadmax »

Why would they cover up the make/model/engine designation when it's pretty obvious what it is? :detect:
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
Tymondo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

coullstar wrote:If they add the TTRS engine that it may be the first time I consider buying a brand new car.
Can imagine them wanting some TTRS style money for them though if that ever happened! :rolleyes:
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eMiL-VR6
In: Indium Grey
Options: Media-In, RNS 510, Black windows and GIAC Extreme, 300whp+

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

There is an unwritten law, Volkswagen wont build a car that could be compare to Audis faster models like R/TTRS.
kentech
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Post by kentech »

Some info in this article published today.

http://www.swp.de/ulm/themen/auto_verke ... 71,2279632" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Is there at translation available?
martdy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

From the Auto Bild article;

VW Scirocco holds on

VW is planning a successor to the VW Scirocco . After the 2014 facelift by 2018 , the fourth generation of the athlete is based on the Golf

Despite a weak market for coupes and roadsters, Volkswagen will continue to rely on the Scirocco . After a planned facelift in 2014 the new generation of the Scirocco to roll off the line in 2017 at the earliest . The AUTO BILD reported in 30 October emerging issue (issue 44/2013 ) . Perhaps the all-new sports starts even before 2018 - but then the same on the basis of the Gulf VIII The new model is again a tight four-seater with a large tailgate and a variable luggage compartment.
All news and tests for the VW Scirocco

Compared to its predecessor, the new Scirocco will be more of a full-fledged sports coupe than a Shooting Brake . Even with the engine of the new Scirocco VW is planning to change : The power of the 2.0 TSI is raised from 210 to 230 hp, at the same time peak torque grows from 280 to 370 Nm. The 1.4 TSI has 122 hp instead of 125 in the future , the version with 160 hp will probably be replaced by a 180 -hp 1.8 - liter engine. The diesel engines of 140 to put on 150 and from 177 to 184 hp. The new version will mobilize at least 300 horsepower - compared to the current Scirocco R is an increase of 35 hp. In 2014, the first Scirocco gets a facelift with a slightly different look, more assistance systems and optimized Euro 6 engines. The revised model will be presented either in Geneva or in Beijing.
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
nevarran
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by nevarran »

So there should be a new mk3 R? I was afraid I was too late for the party... fingers crossed :P
chrisyboyc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: Leather,Criuse Control, Dynaudio possible RS6 alloys if i have cash

Post by chrisyboyc »

If that's the facelift.............I want one I like it
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there
roccopanda
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Indium Grey

Post by roccopanda »

Think I prefer the current one - though the photo looks like an artists impression still.
chrisyboyc
Options: Leather,Criuse Control, Dynaudio possible RS6 alloys if i have cash

Post by chrisyboyc »

Its almost certainly an artists impression as long as the don't mess it up. I need to order a new one in March
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there
Brocky

Post by Brocky »

Don't like it at all. I'm glad I didn't decide to wait.
kentech

Post by kentech »

Not worth looking that much at the rendering in the article. Because that's just someone's idea of what the 2017 or 2018 mk4 Roc could look like. As it says in the article and what we have seen by the spy pics from 2 months ago the facelift will be very minor changes to the exterior. In fact most of the stuff in the article is about the 2017/18 new Roc, so what the the article says about the facelift is just that it confirms one is coming early next year and that it will be just a light update.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

2017 for a new one, current one chassis can be traced back to 2003
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

wigit wrote:2017 for a new one, current one chassis can be traced back to 2003
2003? :eyepop:

Assume from MK4 Golf platform?
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

skippy wrote:
wigit wrote:2017 for a new one, current one chassis can be traced back to 2003
2003? :eyepop:

Assume from MK4 Golf platform?
previous A3 dates back to late 2003, Golf was a year later
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Just stumbled over this, http://www.2014releasedate2015.com/2014 ... cs-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some of you guys may have already seen this but it looks very Corrado like I reckon!
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

Volkswagen is still working on a facelifted Scirocco but new details are starting to emerge about the next-generation model.

According to Autobild, the redesigned Scirocco could be launched in 2017 and become a "full-fledged sports coupe." This implies the model could lose its distinctive styling but the magazine says it will remain a four-seater with a large tailgate and a generous luggage compartment.

While it's probably a little too early to talk about engines, the publication says we can expect a 1.4-liter TSI with 125 HP (92 kW), a 1.8-liter TSI with 180 HP (132 kW) and a 2.0-liter TSI that develops 230 HP (169 kW) and 370 Nm (272 lb-ft) of torque. We can also expect upgraded diesel engines and a range-topping Scirocco R with at least 300 HP (220 kW).
Source: Autobild
kentech

Post by kentech »

I read the complete Autobild article (mag is out today) but not much in it. It's basically about the next-gen Roc, but VW (according to the article) have not yet decided much about what sort of concept that will be. So what AB does, as you would expect, is just guess what it might be based on what little comments they have got from VW. It does mention though that a 4motion version is planned for the next gen Roc.

About the facelift (which this thread is about) it literally just mention those things posted here yesterday. It confirms that one is coming, that it will be launched probably at Geneva, possibly Beijing. And that it will be just a light facelift, more assistance systems and optimized Euro 6 engines.
pafa
In: Sumatra
Options: Winter Pack
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Electricable Foldable Door Mirrors
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
RCD 510 Dynaudio Soundpack
Flat Tyre Indicator
2 Zone Electronic Climate Control
Rear Tinted Windows

Post by pafa »

According to my sources the highlights of the facelift will be Golf MkVII style headlights and LED rear lights...dont think the facelift will feature the new Discover Media NAV, because they are only offered on the MQB platform - and not the old platform that the facelifted Scirocco will still be based on. Dont have any info on the assistance systems, although a radar controlled cruise control could be very cool :-) (dont think that will happen though)
Brocky

Post by Brocky »

skippy wrote:Just stumbled over this, http://www.2014releasedate2015.com/2014 ... cs-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some of you guys may have already seen this but it looks very Corrado like I reckon!
I prefer that to the one posted earlier, though I still prefer the current version, if I'm honest.