My Viper Green Written off in RTA

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Randy4
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Phase 2 model, Black leather, 18inch alloys, pano roof, hill start

My Viper Green Written off in RTA

Post by Randy4 »

Two weeks ago i was driving north on the M5 back from our holiday in Torquay, stopping for traffic a range rover country drove into us at 70mph (obviously wasn't looking) swerved and hit us,putting the car into a rotation. No major injuries just neck and back stain.

Here are the pics...scary stuff

My car has been written off...The Range rover was also written off.
My question is does anyone fancy selling their Scirocco???

I want the same again, maybe Blue or Red but loved the green!

Car specs...
2.0 TSI GT Manual
Pano roof
Parking sensors
Privacy windows
Xenon headlights
Sat Nav
18K miles on an 09 plate.
Chrome tail pipes
Leather seats

There is nothing that matches this currently for sale on autotrader or pistonheads...especially with xenons!
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Re: My Viper Green Written off in RTA

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Wow !! Glad you are ok. Sorry to hear that mate. That's a shame because its a really good spec roc.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Indeed - glad you are ok, that looks very nasty (and scary). Main thing, you are in one piece.
Randy4

Post by Randy4 »

Yeah we're ok, now time has passed I'm starting to realise what I've lost is difficult to replace
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

I have an ABT one... been looking at an S5 :)

No, listen, glad you're ok. Lovely cars. Really are. Pity about all of this.
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

How awful :( I am glad you are all OK and given that you were rear-ended by a big range rover at 70mph, the fact that the cabin looks pretty much intact with no intrusion is testament to the 'Roc!!

If as you say the driver of the range rover wasn't paying attention, I hope the cops came down hard on them :mad:
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Glad you are ok, this is the reason why I like new cars given the protection they give in an accident, I don't mind saying I like a full compliment of ncap stars these days given the amount of idiots in 4x4s
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Griffspeed
I drive a: R-Line
In: Rising Blue
Options: Cruise control
Winter pack
Folding mirrors

Post by Griffspeed »

Jeez! Glad you're all OK mate.
I got rear-ended last year by a daft little Perodua and it shook me up & messed up the Mazda 6 I was driving.
That looks awful in comparison - however if that's the damage that being hit by a fast Range Rover does, it just shows what a well built car the Roc is!
Really sorry about your car - I hope you can find something comparable as soon as possible.
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

bitmadmax wrote:How awful :( I am glad you are all OK and given that you were rear-ended by a big range rover at 70mph, the fact that the cabin looks pretty much intact with no intrusion is testament to the 'Roc!!

If as you say the driver of the range rover wasn't paying attention, I hope the cops came down hard on them :mad:
I was thinking the same, the cabin looks amazingly intact considering you were hit at 70mph by a massive car! Sorry about your car but I'm glad you're OK and I hope you manage to get another car back that you're happy with. Feeling pretty safe in my Roc now I've seen these pictures.
Randy4

Post by Randy4 »

Yeah, everyone keeps mentioning how well the cabin held together. We weren't at a complete stand still... When he hit us in the corner it put us into a spin. We rotated 1 and half times in the fast lane hitting the barrier with the front end during the rotation. But yes it held out well. The range rover went onto two wheels and nearly rolled. If he did roll I don't think he would have walked away from it.

It goes to show how much of a massive misconception it is that you will be safer in a 4x4. It's defiantly put me off a car like his.
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

I'm not a fan of 4x4s because of their size. I wouldn't want to get hit by one as a pedestrian or as a driver.
Elliott123
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box

Post by Elliott123 »

I have my viper green for sale.

Its in mint condition had it since new and only done 6125 miles

Please Pm me for details will be happy to share with you.

it checks all your boxes and more :)
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

BunnyJen wrote:I'm not a fan of 4x4s because of their size. I wouldn't want to get hit by one as a pedestrian or as a driver.
Funny you Should mention that. One of my mates brother was knocked off his push bike by a land rover discovery at 50mph. Was a serious incident. He is currently in Oxford hospital on life support. Broken most of his ribs, internal bleeding, and broken his neck in multiple places, plus more that I can't remember.

Sorry to go off topic.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
acpoynts
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue

Post by acpoynts »

The guy seriously couldnt have been looking. Even in lower light levels the Viper Green stands out. Glad you're ok. Shame to loose a nice spec'd model. Most of all you're safe.
Randy4

Post by Randy4 »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:
BunnyJen wrote:I'm not a fan of 4x4s because of their size. I wouldn't want to get hit by one as a pedestrian or as a driver.
Funny you Should mention that. One of my mates brother was knocked off his push bike by a land rover discovery at 50mph. Was a serious incident. He is currently in Oxford hospital on life support. Broken most of his ribs, internal bleeding, and broken his neck in multiple places, plus more that I can't remember.

Sorry to go off topic.
This really bad, that should be a prison sentence if the driver was at fault, surely! The 4x4 is defiantly insult to injury. I think you should have to do another part to your driving test to be able to drive one it would put some idiots off having to pay more to drive them. 9/10 cases 4x4 are just not needed on the road, when they are involved in accidents the outcome is always really bad
Randy4

Post by Randy4 »

Elliott123 wrote:I have my viper green for sale.

Its in mint condition had it since new and only done 6125 miles

Please Pm me for details will be happy to share with you.

it checks all your boxes and more :)
Pm sent, though I am hoping for a manual again really
Randy4

Post by Randy4 »

acpoynts wrote:The guy seriously couldnt have been looking. Even in lower light levels the Viper Green stands out. Glad you're ok. Shame to loose a nice spec'd model. Most of all you're safe.
I know, I thought the viper green is one of the brightest colours at the moment. It stands out a mile in a car park!
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

Randy4 wrote:
whiteDevil_170 wrote:

Sorry to go off topic.
This really bad, that should be a prison sentence if the driver was at fault, surely! The 4x4 is defiantly insult to injury. I think you should have to do another part to your driving test to be able to drive one it would put some idiots off having to pay more to drive them. 9/10 cases 4x4 are just not needed on the road, when they are involved in accidents the outcome is always really bad

That's so terrible! Sorry to hear that. :( The trouble with a 4x4 is when you look at a person stood in front of it the impact points are at the vital organs. If you're hit by a normal lower car generally the impact point is your legs. If the 4x4 has bull bars on top of it you just don't stand a chance! I dread one parking next to me too because I can never get into my car and I dread to think about how they got out of theirs!

I really hope your mates brother pulls through.