Deep Black in Dubai

Everything about the R for potential owners.
jcheikha
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Deep Black in Dubai

Post by jcheikha »

Hey guys been wanting to register on this website for a long time, finally did it!!!

Anyway i got my Rocco R back in January 2013 and so far am loving it. been surfing all over the forum and found many great info on Rocco R upgrades and etc. Dubai guys it would be nice if we got together sometime or if you guys already do then may i join :? gona start working on my car by the end of the year and it would be nice to have some people around for advise.

Cheers
Ashb
In: Rising Blue

Re: Deep Black in Dubai

Post by Ashb »

Hi Mate,Im pretty new to the forum awell. Will be good to meet with fellow Rocco owners.
James321
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

Hey jcheikha and Ash, it looks like the R is becoming more popular in Dubai now, Ive had my blue R for a year, just re registering it this week. I'm happy to meet up so you you have a test of how a modified R drives, I'm sure you'll like it.
Over in the UK at the moment but back next week, why don't we plan a morning at the Autodrome when the weather cools a little?
RS5, Scirocco R. You can never have enough R's
Ashb

Post by Ashb »

Hey James, hope you are well mate. I need some advice on coilovers and warranty etc. Would love to check out your Roc. Love what you have done with it. Im sure we all can meet for a social sometime. Are you guys in touch with any GTI and Roc owners?
James321
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

Absolutely Ash, you're welcome to try mine out and there's also the KW option which a friend of mine has fitted to his Golf R, same electronic adjustment.
If you like, I'll take you through to meet Motaz, he's the REVO guy in Dubai, based in Dubai Investment Park. Google 'Park Ferme Workshop Dubai' and you should get his place.
Mines been into VW a few times with the coilovers fitted, I was told they would no longer cover worn bushes under warranty but they liked the Billy's. My way around this was to replace the bushes with Superpro polyurethane ones so no more issues and the ride is far superior to standard without being anywhere near hard or harsh.

In touch with a few guys, there's one Golf R and two R32's at work, I'm the only Roc owner though.
Ashb

Post by Ashb »

Hey James,email your number to me and lets meet when you get back. Maybe we can go over to meet Motaz.
Cheers
jcheikha

Post by jcheikha »

Hey Ashb and James, yeah we can do that when the weather cools down, and i'd really would like to join you guyz when you meet Motaz. i'll send you both my number.
James, it seems you've done a lot of great work to your car, really interested to check it out,
cheers
jcheikha

Post by jcheikha »

opps seems i can't send private msgs just yet, anyway will do as soon as i can. cheers
mo_bay

Post by mo_bay »

Hi guys,

I have been with my Rocco R since January last. Lovely times. Keep me smiling all the time. No mods done. Warranty issues freaked me out!! I live in Al Ain, so if you fancy a go at Jabal Hafeet you are more than welcome ;) . Let me know if you decide to meet in Dubai in the future, I might join you.

Take care.
jcheikha

Post by jcheikha »

hey Mo_bay, nice to meet you,

haha am having the same issue with the warranty, its annoying, no modes done until now coz am afraid i will lose the warranty. but am hoping james and ashb will help in that department.

cheers
Ashb

Post by Ashb »

Hey James, did all go well with your service?
@jcheikhi, im not too concerned with a software upgrade right now, more the cosmetics, wheels, coilovers etc but ofcourse still concerned about the warranty. Going to have a chat with Motaz from Parc Ferme so If any of you guys are keen you more than welcome to join me. Cheers
Basho
In: Night Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, bi-xenon, Dual Climate Control,navigation, Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat, Heated Seats.

Post by Basho »

jcheikha wrote:hey Mo_bay, nice to meet you,

haha am having the same issue with the warranty, its annoying, no modes done until now coz am afraid i will lose the warranty. but am hoping james and ashb will help in that department.

cheers

What do you use my car as DP?
"Mashallah You got a nice car"
eidooo
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by eidooo »

He guys, this is eid from abu dhabi
What tyres are u using ?
I tried almost all.
The best result i got from Dunlop , but it is very noisy
James321
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

Eidooo,

I'm using the Michelin Pilot Sport 2, so far they have been quiet.

My rear tyres became so noisy, VW replaced both rear wheel bearings thinking they were worn! That was on the factory Bridgestone tyres.
Get your wheel alignment checked at a tyre store with a good quality alignment machine, mine was out. The noise was caused by a saw tooth wear pattern on the rear tyres.
mo_bay

Post by mo_bay »

Eidooo,

I am still using the factory Bridgestone tyres (almost 23K on the clock). Not noisy at all.

James, should I change to Michelin once the change is due? When did you change yours?

Regards

Mo

Al Ain
eidooo

Post by eidooo »

Now am using Goodyear eagle f1 , they are great, the grip is fantastic .
Some people will be wondering why i am discussing this, But because of the weather here the tyres are different and important.
before 1 week i measured the tempreure under the car while it was parked in shadow area, it was 172degrees !!!!!
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Yikes thats hot! How much does the colour of the car affect internal temperatures if you leave ot parked out in the sun? Would have thought CW or silver would keep the interior a bit cooler than black or maybe its so hot it makes no difference?

How effective is the VW cimate control system?
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

I know one thing. I wouldnt want leather seats in that kind of heat.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
James321
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

Funny that my leather seats have the heater in them too, just what you need on the cold winter mornings here when the temperatures dip as low as 13'C ;)
eidooo

Post by eidooo »

I regreted buying it with leather seats ofcourse , I used gti with fabric seats for 2 weeks , so much difference
yeah the color effects on inside temp during summer.
VW Climate control system is doing great job, but as said before, black car with leather seats. you can cool the climate but you will have to wait for the seats and dashboard to cool down as well for long time.