Deep black tdi with plenty planned on the horizon

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Bush27
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Deep black tdi with plenty planned on the horizon

Post by Bush27 »

Ok so been a member for a while and always enjoy browsing, had my roc since October 2012 and done a few subtle changes but with plenty in my mind, after recently putting a rather expensive hobbie on the back seat for a while I've decided to spend abit of cash on the roc. So here's how it came when I bought it ...

2010 140 2.0 tdi gt with black pack

Sat far to heigh so first mod was some h&r springs

Before

After

Not THAT much of a big drop but never had experience with coilovers before and wanting to keep my dcc the h&rs seemed perfect

Then came my private plate transfer from my old car, just the plate in my eyes changed the look of the car

Other mods that are already on the car,
rear numberplate led lights
Dtuk crd-2 which I really do rate! Does save fuel and really does add power by clipping in a few new plugs (1 of which a total b'stard to do!)

So after admiring others cars on here giving me ideas I come to love "savannah" wheels off the tiguan and for months trying to source these wheels 2 weeks ago I finally found a set in Germany with the tyres to fit straight Onto a roc, I really did want the 2 tone 1s but in all honesty now my silver and polished wheels are in I totally love them against the deep black!

So living these but now the roc looking a little too heigh I gave in and ordered a set of coilivers!
Only ordered them a few days ago and currently on their way from
Germany straight from AP will be a week or so till they are in, I did do a lot of research into coilovers and with the majority saying kws or h&r unfortunately I really don't have circa 2k to spend so ap looking heads and shoulders above the rest on the mid range for quality and drop I ordered them!,

Other mods currently happening are
R - line front bumper (in paint shop) this I really CANNOT wait to get on the car as it totally transforms the look!
Rear wing add on, now after debating with myself for a while the R spoiler just wasn't that much different yet the cup spoiler was too much, after searching the web I've got my hands on a rear wing add on that is perfect as its not too "halfords" but enough to notice, comes in carbon fibre but being a carbon fibre laminator for a living and working for f1 teams I'm 99% sure the carbon won't be up to scratch in my eyes so this will get painted the same colour as the car. Here's an Internet picture of the spoiler

Others on the horizon/ that i'm currently on the search for
R/R line rear bumper
R defuser
R twin exit back box
R/R line side skirts
RS3 disks and callipers
Lamin-x fig lights light smoke
MAYBE dectane cardna drl/indicator lights

In my head I'd love to say the car would be finished when the above is sourced but no doubt I will find more along the way to keep me busy haha
Bush27

Re: Deep black tdi with plenty planned on the horizon

Post by Bush27 »

Another step closer as i won these last night on eBay.de
From a 2012 RS3 I believe their brembro, think ill leave the "RS" badge on there as I think it add abit of character to the car (haha what do I sound like!)

Will probably get them fitted same time as my coilovers, read up its a straight plug n play, just hope there won't be any issues with the hoses being to short as the disks are 370mm so quite abit further forward than standard
Peacock8

Post by Peacock8 »

Nice! How much did you pay for the brake kit? I have 20" wheels on my car and it looks a bit stupid with the small brakes!

Ørjan.
Bush27

Post by Bush27 »

I won them for circa €700 by the time I included shipping too, I can't wait to see what they will look like behind the savannahs
biteme
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
With a: DSG box

Post by biteme »

Big breaks will look fantastic behind those wheels, how have they affected the drivability?
Bush27

Post by Bush27 »

Still in transit from Germany at the mo biteme after abit more research I've had to order some TTRS braided brake lines to, hopefully no problems with the master cylinder
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

may be worth reading through this regarding the rotors if RS3, given rocco offsets you may be ok , worth looking at the 363 AP floating disc upgrade as the oem audi rotas are prone to warping, great set up

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index ... 664.0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Bush27

Post by Bush27 »

Cheers wigit ill check that out but the savannahs are et33 so shouldn't be a problem

Just received these in the post today!
Thinking about fitting them myself with my mate as he has quite abit of suspension experience otherwise they won't be on for another few weeks
Bush27

Post by Bush27 »

Coilovers currently being fitted as we speak :yes:
Bush27

Post by Bush27 »

Ok so just picked up my roc from having its coilovers fitted and needless to say I'm very happy with it!!

I gave them to the garage fully dropped and said if there's any rubbing lift it but minimal, they had to lift the front about 15-20 mm
Worth of thread which isn't to bad but assuming it will settle some more but the backs stayed all the way down, very impressed with the price of £206 inc vat for full fitment and 4 wheel alignment as well as an oil and filter change though just labor on that!

The RS3/TTRS brakes arrived today so will hopefully be getting them on 1 eve this week :yes:
Griffspeed
I drive a: R-Line
In: Rising Blue
Options: Cruise control
Winter pack
Folding mirrors

Post by Griffspeed »

Love those wheels mate. Looks great.
flashash
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

Looks superb mate.
Gray170TDI
Options: Used to have one

Post by Gray170TDI »

:) I've just dropped mine on AP coilovers
Last edited by Gray170TDI on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bush27

Post by Bush27 »

Hey grey no I didn't it went down perfect!

So a disastrous day!! Not only is the rear wing I ordered not coming and I've been given a refund as there was a "manufacturing problem" but MY BRAKES DON'T FIT!!!!! I'm gutted, basically when the disc is on the hub there is too much of an offset so the calliper braket doesn't line up with the hub bracket, it kinda overlaps and hits it head on by about 15 mm :-( I don't know how to get around this problem, certainly don't fancy going down the road of machining some of the bracket off as it'll loose strength for sure, may just put them back up on eBay :-( totally gutted I could put a wheel spacer behind the disk but then my wheels would stick out too far :-(
wigit

Post by wigit »

Bush, i did warn you about issues with RS3 discs, i have texted dave at vagbremtechnic as he is the guru of brake queries, i've only got his personal details and not sure if he is away

TT-RS discs are different offset, but these are prone to warping and i know dave does a AP floating disk option
Bush27

Post by Bush27 »

I know you did wigit, I looked into the ap rotors but saw they came in at just under 1k :-( thank you any info you could pass on i would be hugely greatful
wigit

Post by wigit »

i'll pm you his details
Bush27

Post by Bush27 »

A huge thanks to wigit for helping me with my brake situation so now looks like the brake conversion is go again :clap:

Turned my tuning box up tonight from map 3-0 to map 3+20% made quite abit of difference
wigit

Post by wigit »

AP rotas?
Jonny
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" Lugano Alloys, Vienna Leather.

Post by Jonny »

What do you think of the RS brakes? I have been offered a set from a TTRS for a very good price.