Mudflaps

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
klippie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Mudflaps

Post by klippie »

Does anyone know if mudflaps are available for the Scirocco, you know the ones from the dealers.
iroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Re: Mudflaps

Post by iroc »

See attached link to brochure {page 8}

http://cdn.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/comm ... celist.pdf
Le_savage
Options: Anthracite Leather, Panoramic Roof, Winter Pack, premium sills
On the shopping list: MTM remap, Milltek Turbo back Zorst, Eibach 25mm Lowering springs, MTM 19" Bimoto Alloys, MTM 15mm Spacers, 24 bottles of ice cold Stella :o)

Post by Le_savage »

April fools was on wednesday... :) :)
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

sorry they are just wrong and spoil the lines of the car at the back

just makes me think blue impreza with yellow lettering normally seen on the burger king super special stage
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
klippie
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Post by klippie »

Thanks Iroc,

That’s not the same brochure as the one I've got which doesn't list them, its issue 1 August 2008. I'll have to get a set when my car arrives.

If anyone has mudflaps fitted any chance you could post a picture please... :)
April fools was on wednesday...
:?

Andy,

I know what your saying but I'll be doing a bit of miles with the car I need them to try to keep the sides and back cleaner during the bad weather.
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

I have mud flaps on my Candy White and during the crappy winter weather they worked really well - I might have to ditch them if I decide to lower the car but for me they do the job and I like them, don't think they take anything away from the car - people always comment on what they see in the pictures - if you see in in real life it's hardly distracting or anything, with the Black contrast I have with the White I've forgotten what the car looked like without them.

Some pics for you here

I probably rushed out to buy them originally as when I got my car, I was constantly wanting to keep it clean and bought into the idea of mud flaps - if I genuinely didn't think they worked or looked good I would have returned them straight away or sold them on - but 6 months later I still have them :D
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

do they work rehmondo as the sills on the roc look like a s***t magnet given the curves
klippie

Post by klippie »

rehmondo,

Thanks for that...the mudflaps look ok to me they'll blend in just fine with the deep black.

I see your from Edinburgh I commute from Fife to Loanhead everyday and have only seen one Scirocco in Edinburgh and that was last year, there's not a lot kicking around our side of the water either.