Do you let the other half drive the Scirocco?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.

yes i do and have no concerns as they are the stig
27%
yes i do and i am like an anxious parent waiting for it to retun home
25%
yes i do and thanks to this will now become an anxious parent having read list
8%
yes i do and am now contemplating opening an account at Chips Away given the number of incidents
4%
no over my dead body
25%
no over my dead body but she is named on the insurance to bring the premium down and doesn't know
12%

Total votes: 52

wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

ok do you let you other half drive your car, do you:

1) slightly nervous and aprehensive at letting them have the keys
2) do you ask her where she is going and work out the risks given the location of a low speed manouvering incident
3) do you walk round it looking for low speed manouvering incidents involving the alloy wheels
4) do you get in and see the range shows they have been thrashing the living daylights out of it
5) do you get questions such as what is it qucker than
6) see her just past you drivng it like its stolen when you are in a sh#te loaner and can't keep up
7) do you be a bit devious and name her on the insurance policy to bring the premium down but don't tell her

apologies if this has now made you nervous.......
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
dangermouse

Re: Do you let the other half drive the Scirocco?

Post by dangermouse »

think a few people may be worried that their other half reads this forum and full respect to the owners who name em but don't tell them
Robbie73
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Metallic Paint - DAB Radio - Premium Mats and thats it!!!

Post by Robbie73 »

Voted for the top one however she has not driven yet! Only had the car a month but she can drive it when ever she wants.
jc74
In: Pewter Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Cruise Control, Leather, Sunroof, DVD Satnav, Parking Sensors

Post by jc74 »

dangermouse wrote:think a few people may be worried that their other half reads this forum and full respect to the owners who name em but don't tell them
I put my parents on as well, knocked off another hundred or so off the premium, and didn't tell them either. Oops, did I just identify myself?
robrob
In: Deep Black
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

I would if she was in the slightest bit interested in driving it...
Last edited by robrob on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

nope nobody drives my cars but me, yes I was the spoilt kid who never shared his toys :D
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
Le_savage
Options: Anthracite Leather, Panoramic Roof, Winter Pack, premium sills
On the shopping list: MTM remap, Milltek Turbo back Zorst, Eibach 25mm Lowering springs, MTM 19" Bimoto Alloys, MTM 15mm Spacers, 24 bottles of ice cold Stella :o)

Post by Le_savage »

My wife was away the other weekend and I had to look after the kids, which in relaity meant I had to have the touran for the weekend and she took the rocco!!! Yikes, was not nervous about her driving it as she is quite good, was more worried about what would happen at the other. She let on her friend had 1 garage a drive for 3 cars and 6 friend were arriving... I did the only thing I could and sent her off mega early to ensure she got the garage :D :D
wigit

Post by wigit »

Le_savage wrote:My wife was away the other weekend and I had to look after the kids, which in relaity meant I had to have the touran for the weekend and she took the rocco!!! Yikes, was not nervous about her driving it as she is quite good, was more worried about what would happen at the other. She let on her friend had 1 garage a drive for 3 cars and 6 friend were arriving... I did the only thing I could and sent her off mega early to ensure she got the garage :D :D
bet you gave it a thorough examination when she came back ;)
Le_savage
Options: Anthracite Leather, Panoramic Roof, Winter Pack, premium sills
On the shopping list: MTM remap, Milltek Turbo back Zorst, Eibach 25mm Lowering springs, MTM 19" Bimoto Alloys, MTM 15mm Spacers, 24 bottles of ice cold Stella :o)

Post by Le_savage »

andy wrote:
Le_savage wrote:My wife was away the other weekend and I had to look after the kids, which in relaity meant I had to have the touran for the weekend and she took the rocco!!! Yikes, was not nervous about her driving it as she is quite good, was more worried about what would happen at the other. She let on her friend had 1 garage a drive for 3 cars and 6 friend were arriving... I did the only thing I could and sent her off mega early to ensure she got the garage :D :D
bet you gave it a thorough examination when she came back ;)
Yeah... you bet, I also spent some time checking the car aswell....
wigit

Post by wigit »

bet you spend more time examining the car....

notice LCM has not voted as he is a frequent Chips Away customer....
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

mrs mouse is not a fan of the looks still, she may be warming a little, my only concerns would be when she is in reverse
BRW
Options: Parking sensors, Leather, Folding mirrors

Post by BRW »

I have no choice given its 'hers' as far as the DVLA are concerned..... :shrug:
JPZ1000
In: Candy White
Options: Superchips Bluefin Remap
Winter Pack
Folding Mirrors
Mats
Mudflaps
Door Sills
Load Liner

Post by JPZ1000 »

If I kept one for long enough it would still be NO.
nicklomvardos
In: Rising Blue
Options: xenons,rear parking sensors,panoramic sunroof,sat nav,foldable door mirrors,dynaudio,electric 12 way seat,leather,mats,metal pedals,door sills,blue tooth,flat tyre indic and auto glym life shine.

Post by nicklomvardos »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

i did let her last night as i decided to drive to the pub and get drunk, so i let her drive me home :yes:
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wigit

Post by wigit »

ryancooke wrote:i did let her last night as i decided to drive to the pub and get drunk, so i let her drive me home :yes:
i trust she drove it like it was stolen
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

andy wrote:
ryancooke wrote:i did let her last night as i decided to drive to the pub and get drunk, so i let her drive me home :yes:
i trust she drove it like it was stolen
only because i told her too once it was warmed up, it feels so fast in the passenger seat lol
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chillout
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Viper Green
Options: 1.4TSI Stage 1++(~220BHP), sunroof, 18" Interlagos, black interior rooflining, premium leather multifunctional steering wheel, electronic mirrors, tinted rear windows, footwell lighting, fog lights, coming/leaving home, mats, smokers pack, media-connection, cruise control and lots more...

Post by Chillout »

I'm quite convinced of the fact that she's the Stig. In fact, she's reading my screen at this very moment, and she doesn't even yell "no I'm not!" at me, so she must be... :D

edit: typing this while she's out of range of the screen... I've seen her doing a Moose-test in my Ibiza, while driving about 110km/h on track... never saw anyone as relaxed as her while doing that. Also, she once did an evasive manoeuvre on the German Autobahn that still gets me nightmares at night... Add this up to the fact that she can drive, sing along with the radio while doing her make-up, and all at the same time... she must be the Stig. I'm fully confident that she won't wreck my car. Lucky for me, she has her own Peugeot 106.

Yes, that´s right, the Stig drives a 106... :D