Remember me?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
LadyRocR
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynaudio, Panoramic Roof, 19" alloys

Remember me?

Post by LadyRocR »

Hi all

I wonder how many of the early Roc R owners are still here... anyway. You might remember me as I ordered one on the day of orders opening in 2009 and finally received my Black R in Nov 2010 - a 13month wait!

So here I am again having placed an order TODAY for my second! Black roc R is being replaced by Candy White roc R (19" Talledega, Pano roof, 90% tint on windows and Dynaudio)

I can't believe that my car is almost 3yrs old! I nearly died when I saw that I need an MOT (what's one of those?) in Nov. I have never kept a car longer than 2 yrs previously! and NEVER had any other colour other than Black so this is a big change for me!

Expecting the car in September (happy with that)

LadyRocR
xx
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Remember me?

Post by trix »

Welcome back!
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

No.. but welcome back :P Similar to yourself, all my previous cars were black. You will not regret the candy white :D
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
Macman
In: Rising Blue

Post by Macman »

Welcome back mate! Any tips you like to share? I had a few since owning mine only for a month. Have you experienced advanced cornering skills with the DSG? I just find there is lag to contend with and so is more a case of knowing the road ahead. But loving the 3 ACC modes especially Sport on windy roads.
bobsie

Post by bobsie »

Congrats on the new Roc. Candy White is a very attractive color on the Rock R.

Will u be receiving a face lifted Scirocco?
LadyRocR

Post by LadyRocR »

Ooh Bobsie, not sure its a facelifted one??? All I know is that there is more included as standard on it such as leather, Parking sensors, Telephone prep. Is that 'facelifted?'

LadyRocR
x
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

There is no face lifted scirocco.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Macman

Post by Macman »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:There is no face lifted scirocco.
Just the GTS and Million (GT) got stickers etc.
Do they still build the others or just to order?

Where abouts in NW are you LadyRocR?
LadyRocR

Post by LadyRocR »

Hi MacMan - Am based near Wigan and work in Warrington - I drive the M6 every day in my black R driving at 50-60mph in the inside lane!

And general update - I have a confimed build date for sometime this month I believe! fast compared to my original wait! But still just swapping in September. Starting to doubt my choice of Candy white though.... bit anxious! Can anyone reassure me? Argh!

LadyRocR
x
Macman

Post by Macman »

Don't doubt a change of colour as it will feel even newer. I'd hate to stick with the same colours all the time ;)
Post us a pic of you posing in matching white pants. I bet you'll look the biz together!
BenBAC

Post by BenBAC »

Don't doubt your colour choice, it's good to change. I went from rising blue to a Candy R, bit more cleaning involved :-). Wasn't sure myself at first but don't regret it at all.
Macman

Post by Macman »

However, if your neighrbour gets the same car or goes 1 bigger with the Golf R in the exact same colour just as my neighbour did, then it does lower the awe to some degree. It looks so wrong to have 2 matching cars together grrrr!
BenBAC

Post by BenBAC »

Macman wrote:However, if your neighrbour gets the same car or goes 1 bigger with the Golf R in the exact same colour just as my neighbour did, then it does lower the awe to some degree. It looks so wrong to have 2 matching cars together grrrr!
You don't need this do you.
Macman

Post by Macman »

Something else you don't need is a neighbour parking on your land without permission for 3months (in my case a car space I rent out to another neighbour) whilst he avoids road tax, insurance and probably MOT! This happened to me and I could do nothing by law. Not tow him away, or block him in, nor since 1st Oct 2012 clamp him!!! The Police took months to ask him to move it (illegally I add) and could not tell me which neighbour it was else I'd be arrested for harassment! It was a green Zafira and not the matching Rising Blue Golf R but that looks garish also.
Neighbours huh!
The Police - lol!
LadyRocR

Post by LadyRocR »

Well IF i had any doubts, there's no going back now!!! Got a call from the dealer this evening to say car is built !!! So when I was considering ringing him today to swap back to black........ Gulp! I laughed that on collecting the car on Sept 1st, I'd be placing my order for a black one! Hopefully I'll love it when I see it for real. Only seen dirty white ford transits and fiestas recently so that's not persuading me! I'll keep looking at the lovely CW pics on here :-)

LadyRocR
James321
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

There's a few white and black ones over this way, I personally think you've made the better choice with white, it looks much nicer and really shows off the piano black which is lost on the black car.

You'll love it.
RS5, Scirocco R. You can never have enough R's
Ian_Mac
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS 510, Leather, Winter Pack, Reverse Sensors, Electric Seats, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Xenons, Electric Folding Mirrors, Metal Pedals. Sadly gone now. :-(

Post by Ian_Mac »

I know I'm probably slightly biased to Candy anyway but your R will look fantastic in white. It's the 2 month wait to collect which would be bothering me especially as you know the car is built and should be in the country soon.
Macman

Post by Macman »

Sweet dreams!
[youtube][/youtube]
LadyRocR

Post by LadyRocR »

Ian_Mac wrote:I know I'm probably slightly biased to Candy anyway but your R will look fantastic in white. It's the 2 month wait to collect which would be bothering me especially as you know the car is built and should be in the country soon.
Hi Ian.. the 2 month wait isn't bothering me as I am away for most of August so the car will just be sitting in my garage and 2 mths is nothing compared to the 13 I originally waited :-)

And THANK YOU macman! Great clip! and it looks amazing!

LadyrocR
x
RoccoRwhite
With a: Manual box
Options: All options...

Post by RoccoRwhite »

I have a white rocco R 2013 bought 1st march.

You will love it. I have all upgrades except the panoramic roof.
Stunning car. You will love it in white!!!