SPOTTED!- NEW CHAV SCIROCCO

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: SPOTTED!- NEW CHAV SCIROCCO

Post by Cuprabob »

Mark V wrote:Does anyone know how the stripes are applied? Vinyl, painted on?????
Pretty sure they are vinyl
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Should easily peel off with hot water then....
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I would have thought so
dimexi
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:I don't think it's to bad. Their are a lot worse cars out their with stripes on them. Ford fiesta st for example i think looks horrid. Besides I wouldn't class it as a chav car. Most chavs drive shit fiestas and corsas with flashing lights underneath. Chavs wouldn't be able to afford a scirocco.
Ford KA do a stripe version too :D
Turbo yoda
I drive a: GTS TDI
With a: DSG box

Post by Turbo yoda »

Hi all. I'm new. And already feel not wanted as I've just got a black Gts. Yes not for all but I didn't want to be plain and boring and just get yet another white one like ever other second car is. Think a VW is what it is to different owners but I think that putting it down is not good as I'm sure in some one view any car on the site could be looked at by some one else as a Chav car. Beauty in the eye of the beholder.
skippy
In: Candy White
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Turbo yoda wrote:Hi all. I'm new. And already feel not wanted as I've just got a black Gts. Yes not for all but I didn't want to be plain and boring and just get yet another white one like ever other second car is. Think a VW is what it is to different owners but I think that putting it down is not good as I'm sure in some one view any car on the site could be looked at by some one else as a Chav car. Beauty in the eye of the beholder.
Welcome - Turbo Yoda!

No - not at all, we have just got some mixed reactions to the GTS at the moment, at the end of the day it is a Roc, and this is what we talk about!

I have seen a GTS in the flesh, and I have to admit it would not be my choice, I think for those of us (like myself) who have owned a Roc since the MK3 arrived (2008/2009) - it is a bit of a talking point. However - this is just part of its model lifecycle. A GTS will stand out from the crowd for sure, it is far far from a chav car, that clearly was a tongue in cheek remark. Enjoy the car! :)
stretts
Options: Standard GTS package, + xenons, cruise power mirrors and a big smile.

Post by stretts »

I quite like the white ones :nod: I will be ordering one in January with bi xenons for a March (14) plate delivery. I am on my second Viper so I am used to standing out in the crowd. :D . As previously stated each to there own etc etc.
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Turbo yoda wrote:Hi all. I'm new. And already feel not wanted as I've just got a black Gts. Yes not for all but I didn't want to be plain and boring and just get yet another white one like ever other second car is. Think a VW is what it is to different owners but I think that putting it down is not good as I'm sure in some one view any car on the site could be looked at by some one else as a Chav car. Beauty in the eye of the beholder.
Don't feel unwelcome or offended. As said its just people's opinions. I personally don't think it's to bad. A lot worse cars out there. And it's certainly not a chavs car. Also :welcome: !
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Turbo yoda wrote:Hi all. I'm new. And already feel not wanted as I've just got a black GTS. Yes not for all but I didn't want to be plain and boring and just get yet another white one like ever other second car is. Think a VW is what it is to different owners but I think that putting it down is not good as I'm sure in some one view any car on the site could be looked at by some one else as a Chav car. Beauty in the eye of the beholder.
Mate. BANG ON. Just as people think certain models look Chavvy, many are so bland and so damn boring it's annoying. But again their choice for being run of the mill and liking that thing. It's nice to have something different and personal. It's beyond the "black wheels on white car" mode and it's what you like, so you should be happy for that sense! As said above, it's a Roc and that's a positive too :)

I had stripes on my Fezza ST, I had them put on as I feel it suited the car. However, for me the Rocco looks better without. I like some mods, hate 'slammed' cars on "BAGZ" etc, but there are some beautifully modded Roc's. The wheels and stitching alone on yours are nice. Mebbe you can be the first to get the stripes removed if they get too much in the future? etc. There's so much you can do. My fave was always Strat's R. A nod to CandyMonster and his mad Orange look too. That was gorgeous. Again, different opinions... but defo not boring :)
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Ryy wrote:
Turbo yoda wrote:Hi all. I'm new. And already feel not wanted as I've just got a black GTS. Yes not for all but I didn't want to be plain and boring and just get yet another white one like ever other second car is. Think a VW is what it is to different owners but I think that putting it down is not good as I'm sure in some one view any car on the site could be looked at by some one else as a Chav car. Beauty in the eye of the beholder.
Mate. BANG ON. Just as people think certain models look Chavvy, many are so bland and so damn boring it's annoying. But again their choice for being run of the mill and liking that thing. It's nice to have something different and personal. It's beyond the "black wheels on white car" mode and it's what you like, so you should be happy for that sense! As said above, it's a Roc and that's a positive too :)

I had stripes on my Fezza ST, I had them put on as I feel it suited the car. However, for me the Rocco looks better without. I like some mods, hate 'slammed' cars on "BAGZ" etc, but there are some beautifully modded Roc's. The wheels and stitching alone on yours are nice. Mebbe you can be the first to get the stripes removed if they get too much in the future? etc. There's so much you can do. My fave was always Strat's R. A nod to CandyMonster and his mad Orange look too. That was gorgeous. Again, different opinions... but defo not boring :)
I agree. Candy monsters was a great looking car with little mods that made it stand out in a good way
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
mtj2k
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Pewter Grey

Post by mtj2k »

... but the stripes make it go faster!!
Turbo yoda

Post by Turbo yoda »

Hi again thanks for the welcome. Yes I do understand and it's will take a lot to put me off and yes each to there own. I have just replaced the VW badge with black ones back and front and got new carbon fibre paddle shifts for the DSG gearbox and have taken the scirocco badge off. Next is to replace the back box for a twin pipe. At the moment the strips will stay on as I like them for now.
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Turbo yoda wrote:Hi again thanks for the welcome. Yes I do understand and it's will take a lot to put me off and yes each to there own. I have just replaced the VW badge with black ones back and front and got new carbon fibre paddle shifts for the DSG gearbox and have taken the scirocco badge off. Next is to replace the back box for a twin pipe. At the moment the strips will stay on as I like them for now.
Sounds like your happy so that's all that matters. Get some pictures up so we can see. Post in the showroom.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
M4RKM

Post by M4RKM »

I think it is a Marmite car the GTS. Some people like it, some people don't. Personally, I think the Indium Grey / Black & Red Combo works better than the White car with the stripes. Not seen Black Roc in the GTS trim.

So, I've test driven the one last week, still not 100% it's a decent deal, but it's just on my budget, the part ex of my Mondeo stacks up, I'm probably going to go for it. The DSG gearbox with that 177PS engine, is just amazing, so smooth, so fast!

Gotta be them stripes that make it faster... ;)

M
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

i spotted one of these in germany with gloss black wheels and i thought it made a huge difference to how they look, i think with a decent drop on coilovers and some motorsport inspired gloss black rims they would look stunning

made me a convert as other are getting a but samey now
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
carmanvw
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Indium Grey
Options: Mark 1 Golf Air Freshener!
VW Umbrella
First thing to go- big garage sticker from back screen

Post by carmanvw »

i just spotted one this week for the first time in Dublin, a 13-D-.... reg. not bad, but i wouldn't start saving up for one. the one i saw is the white with big black stripes. there's far more impressive examples of cars modified by their owners online including on this website, done in a more subtle way. even if they had perhaps introduced a couple of new limited addition colours, with powder coated wheels, it would be more in keeping with the Scirocco heritage. i just cant see how this design is significant to anything, even if it replicated a current race car, it might make more sense.
Tash
I drive a: R-Line

Post by Tash »

There are a lot of demonstrators/pre reg one's.

Could be a good deal if you don't like the stripes take them off and have mirror caps painted..was almost going to that but got a good deal on an r-line.