What did you do to your Scirocco today?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
john250666
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Re: What did you do to your Scirocco today?

Post by john250666 »

Just got back from a road trip to the Lakes and Scotland , went as far north as Fort William . Did almost a 1000 miles , Roco drove a treat, used a tank and a half of Diesel . Happy days indeed!
Deagol
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

dimexi wrote:Car went in for its first MOT (flew thru that), and first brake fluid change...

The dealers tried to get me to do an £85 aircon service.... wtf? is this necessary?

Dimexi - My aircon stopped being cool recently (after third year service). On challenging the dealer, I was told the aircon service was an option for a service and I should have been offered it. Wasn't going to spend half a day driving there and back again so I took my lifein my hands and went to Kwik Fit.

Yes, the aircon fluid had reduced in volume and it got recharged and checked and all kinds of techie things - for £49.

That was last week so I'm waiting before I start being too pleased. However, there's a guarantee.

D
Baptised with Aerosmith
dimexi
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Deagol wrote:
dimexi wrote:Car went in for its first MOT (flew thru that), and first brake fluid change...

The dealers tried to get me to do an £85 aircon service.... wtf? is this necessary?

Dimexi - My aircon stopped being cool recently (after third year service). On challenging the dealer, I was told the aircon service was an option for a service and I should have been offered it. Wasn't going to spend half a day driving there and back again so I took my lifein my hands and went to Kwik Fit.

Yes, the aircon fluid had reduced in volume and it got recharged and checked and all kinds of techie things - for £49.

That was last week so I'm waiting before I start being too pleased. However, there's a guarantee.

D
Fantastic info. Thanks a lot! Was wondering if kwikfit did offer that service! I will check in my service book and see if there are any sneaky pages that need to get stamped for an aircon service. If not, kwikfit it is!!

Thanks for the reply :yes:
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

Air con is not a service item which is why stealers can only suggest it is carried out. Just make sure the top-up fluid spec is the same as VW and keep the receipt with car service docs. Worth turning the heat up full with the aircon on every so often as it dries the system out completely and stops the bacterial nasty smells developing.
Macman
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Post by Macman »

On my old Golf 1.4TSI 2007 water dripped occasionally under the engine bay. It was just water condensing after I used the air con on full on a very hot day. Can this still happen in the Rocco so can expect this?
dimexi
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

salsajoe wrote:Air con is not a service item which is why stealers can only suggest it is carried out. Just make sure the top-up fluid spec is the same as VW and keep the receipt with car service docs. Worth turning the heat up full with the aircon on every so often as it dries the system out completely and stops the bacterial nasty smells developing.
Even more info!! Thanks. I didn't know leaving the A/C on with the heating did that! Mine must be getting in a nasty state now. Will try this on my drive during the week
Daddydub140
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
Options: Cruise control,Highline MFD, MF Steering Wheel,Telephone Prepared, Truffle leather, 2 Zone Air Con.
Added Extras:- XDS, Premium mats, Alloy Pedals,Interior LED bulbs, Mudflaps,Bespoke s/steel system, parking sensors, Edition30/35/R Quick Shifter, ITG air induction kit, Neuspeed Power Pulley Kit.

Post by Daddydub140 »

Changed the module for phone provision from the rSAP to update one which now supports all phones
I now use galaxy S4 no problems with set up straight in no vcds needed happy days.
imi007

Post by imi007 »

Logged a new race fuel mix on the new revo3 file using p3. Zero timing pull achieved and lambdas targetted as requested.

Sent from my township loft apartment using wifi
Data Ghost
Options: Panoramic Roof | Rear Badge Deletion

Post by Data Ghost »

Today I............shaved my parcel shelf :eyepop:

Car is in great condition but the parcel shelf is fluffy and bobbly, presumably from the original owner keeping things on it. Anyway first I took the electric clippers to it with the first grade attachment. Then I finished off with a gentle Gillette shave.

Looks brand new again now, tho the neighbours probably think I suffer from mental illness :D
Data Ghost
Volkswagen Scirocco | 170 TDI GT | Candy White
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Data Ghost wrote:Today I............shaved my parcel shelf :eyepop:

Car is in great condition but the parcel shelf is fluffy and bobbly, presumably from the original owner keeping things on it. Anyway first I took the electric clippers to it with the first grade attachment. Then I finished off with a gentle Gillette shave.

Looks brand new again now, tho the neighbours probably think I suffer from mental illness :D
Whattttttttttt!?! That's the weirdest thing I have ever heard haha.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
JimVMax
Options: RCD 510

Post by JimVMax »

Removed a lot of "bird droppings". This was easy, since my car had been taken care off with Meguiars car care products.

Let's Roc.
Data Ghost
Options: Panoramic Roof | Rear Badge Deletion

Post by Data Ghost »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:

Whattttttttttt!?! That's the weirdest thing I have ever heard haha.
haha I know! Im 36 and quite (very?) OCD but I must admit that it might be the strangest thing Ive done yet :shrug:
Data Ghost
Volkswagen Scirocco | 170 TDI GT | Candy White
Mltyson89
Options: Sat nav, phone prep & iPod connection, Decatane led tail lights, VW cup spoiler, Black badges, rotiform 19's, Scorpion decat exhaust, Forge twin cooler, induction, blow off valve, APRacing brakes, Sasch clutch upgrade, MSS Lowering Kit, Wavetec LSD, Loba HPFP & stage 2+ Revo Software.

Post by Mltyson89 »

Cleaned ready for gti international
Skollers
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: ECU Remapped to 175bhp
Bluetooth (OEM)
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors
Upgraded bulbs

Post by Skollers »

My car is in the middle of having a new Turbo fitted, woo hoo pick it up tomorrow !
2009 2.0gt tdi 140bhp
2003 Suzuki Gsxr 1000 Rizla green/yellow (My baby) !
eMiL-VR6
In: Indium Grey
Options: Media-In, RNS 510, Black windows and GIAC Extreme, 300whp+

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

Haha you made my day :D
Macman

Post by Macman »

Today I discovered the adjustable armrest for many positions forward plus upward on a ratchet.
Although I'd heard of this on other cars I never did see the point until trying it.
Spot on, now I feel even much more lazier with the DSG!
Went for a blast around Keswick for chips and got cracking to a mate I hadn't seen in ages as I couldn't resist laring at my parked Rocco in the evening sun.
I don't know which feels most enthralling.. standing on the street looking at it or going over and sitting in eating me chips!! :vibes:
Last edited by Macman on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoganb
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by hoganb »

I waxed mine...
Scirocco mk III
Mltyson89
Options: Sat nav, phone prep & iPod connection, Decatane led tail lights, VW cup spoiler, Black badges, rotiform 19's, Scorpion decat exhaust, Forge twin cooler, induction, blow off valve, APRacing brakes, Sasch clutch upgrade, MSS Lowering Kit, Wavetec LSD, Loba HPFP & stage 2+ Revo Software.

Post by Mltyson89 »

About to hit the 1/4mile too hot for good times tho I think!!
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Splattered it with flies over the last week, especially today. Needs a wash.
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

I took a trip over to Cotswold Wildlife Park in mine today with a couple of friends. The aircon did a good job!!