Engine Light on dash

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
bigmac2511
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: leather, dsg,

Engine Light on dash

Post by bigmac2511 »

Hi all, got an orange light lit on the dash, shows a picture of an engine. Read the handbook, seems to have something to do with the exhaust gas sensor. It has only just started to light up last night and dosent go off. Has anybody else had this or do they know what the fault could be, need to take it to my local dealers on monday. Cheers Phil.
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Re: Engine Light on dash

Post by rehmondo »

It can be a number of sensors that set that off, if the component that triggered it works again without fault the next 10 times or however many the light will turn off automatically - however since your car is under warranty take it to a VW dealer - if it wasn't you'd be looking at £70+ just to "investigate" it.
scirocco
With a: Manual box
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011
Cruise Control, Premium mats, Mudflaps...

Post by scirocco »

Likely the NOX Sensor which is used to control the FSI mode on the Scirocco. Ive been there with my previous Golf two weeks after my warrenty expired!
audio-fusion
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather
Cruise Control
Folding Mirrors
Rear Parking Sensors
Mats
Flar Tyre Indicator

Post by audio-fusion »

bigmac2511 wrote:Hi all, got an orange light lit on the dash, shows a picture of an engine. Read the handbook, seems to have something to do with the exhaust gas sensor. It has only just started to light up last night and dosent go off. Has anybody else had this or do they know what the fault could be, need to take it to my local dealers on monday. Cheers Phil.
This happened on mine last week. Was an exhaust temp sensor.

VW assist cleared the fault and it hasn't re-occured.
bigmac2511

Post by bigmac2511 »

Hi Guys thanks for the replies, car booked in to local VW dealer tommorow, will keep you posted on what they find. Cheers Phil
bigmac2511

Post by bigmac2511 »

Just phoned dealership, 16.30,still not identified fault fully, have been told itssucking air into inlet through a charcoal filter that reuses exhaust gases, they are not sure wether its a valve sticking in open postion or its getting a signal to stay open. Its ok on the road but lumpy at idle. So its running into tommorow, will keep you posted. phil
bigmac2511

Post by bigmac2511 »

Hi, been back in contact with dealer, they say they have been instructed by VW to check what injectors are fitted in the car as there has been incorrect/faulty injectors fitted to some models which includes my chassis number. So they are in the process of removing the intake manifold to get to the injectors and then to identify what type are fitted. So no car again for a second day and still not sure of actual fault, very worrying with only 3500 miles on the clock and some grubby mechanic leaning all over my candy white wings.
I will keep in touch. phil
Le_savage
In: Deep Black
Options: Anthracite Leather, Panoramic Roof, Winter Pack, premium sills
On the shopping list: MTM remap, Milltek Turbo back Zorst, Eibach 25mm Lowering springs, MTM 19" Bimoto Alloys, MTM 15mm Spacers, 24 bottles of ice cold Stella :o)

Post by Le_savage »

bigmac2511 wrote:Hi, been back in contact with dealer, they say they have been instructed by VW to check what injectors are fitted in the car as there has been incorrect/faulty injectors fitted to some models which includes my chassis number. So they are in the process of removing the intake manifold to get to the injectors and then to identify what type are fitted. So no car again for a second day and still not sure of actual fault, very worrying with only 3500 miles on the clock and some grubby mechanic leaning all over my candy white wings.
I will keep in touch. phil
First it was wrong wheels, then it was cars arriving with the wrong spec and now it's wrong injectors... does me think we might be losing a bit of faith in the germans to follow instructions and build a car as per design/specification??
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Le_savage wrote: does me think we might be losing a bit of faith in the germans to follow instructions and build a car as per design/specification??
It's built in Portugal :D
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
bigmac2511

Post by bigmac2511 »

hi guys, correct injectors fitted to my car, great, now the my dealer has been instructed to change a pipe/valve that recircs exhaust fumes, they carn't garantee if this will fix it. so i ask about the diagnostis system and i am told that with the inlet manifold off they will not be able to use it as they need to run the engine and they don't want to refit the inlet manifold as they need it off to change this pipe. NOW FOR THE BIG ANNOYANCE. the part they require is not in this country but in GERMANY and will not be at the dealers untill the middle to end of next week. VERY PI**ED OFF. So VW uk sell all these sirocco' s and don't have all the parts in this country to keep them on the road. This is my first VW, moved from peugeot because of VW reputation for reliability. HA HA. 3500 miles and now my car is in a garage for 2 weeks.
VERY PI**ED OFF
PHIL
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

bigmac2511 wrote:hi guys, correct injectors fitted to my car, great, now the my dealer has been instructed to change a pipe/valve that recircs exhaust fumes, they carn't garantee if this will fix it. so i ask about the diagnostis system and i am told that with the inlet manifold off they will not be able to use it as they need to run the engine and they don't want to refit the inlet manifold as they need it off to change this pipe. NOW FOR THE BIG ANNOYANCE. the part they require is not in this country but in GERMANY and will not be at the dealers untill the middle to end of next week. VERY PI**ED OFF. So VW uk sell all these sirocco' s and don't have all the parts in this country to keep them on the road. This is my first VW, moved from peugeot because of VW reputation for reliability. HA HA. 3500 miles and now my car is in a garage for 2 weeks.
VERY PI**ED OFF
PHIL
I'd want a free service and a decent courtesy car if I were you :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
bigmac2511

Post by bigmac2511 »

hi, getting a courtesy car today, a Renault Laguna, That is what europcar have to offer me as a replacement for my Roc. Not even a VW available.
You are dead right about the free service and i would also like some sill protectors fitted but i just want my car back and then sort out some sort of compo.
I just hope there is not a mark on my wings where some greasy machanic has been leaning !!!
bigmac2511

Post by bigmac2511 »

Hi All just had my car back, problem sorted now, it was a small bore vacuum pipe with a sealed plastic valve on it and a connection for an electrical plug. That was replaced and its OK now.
BUT the B******S have scratched my rear bumper whilt it was at the dealers.
I have told them it wasn't there when it went in, he needed to speak to the technician that worked on the car but he had gone home.
I am not a happy bunny at the moment.

Phil
JakeH

Post by JakeH »

Just out of curiosity bigmac, which dealers are we talking here? Their not in N Wales are they?
bigmac2511

Post by bigmac2511 »

hi jake, yes they are in north wales.
They have confirmed that the scratch was not there when I delivered the car. Car booked into the bodyshop for next wednesday. 3500 miles nearly two weeks in a workshop and a day in the bodyshop. the joys of owning a new rocco.
JakeH

Post by JakeH »

Ah well, at least it'll be sorted, thats the main thing. Maybe see you out and about sometime, I'll look out for you. :yes:
bungle
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather. Folding Mirrors. Parking Sensors. Carpet Mats.

Post by bungle »

It wasnt a VW dealership in Abergele by any chance was it?
mode
Options: Cruise, Bluetooth, Electrically Folding Mirrors and Parking Sensors

Post by mode »

Sounds more like Wrexham Volkswagen to me...........
bigmac2511

Post by bigmac2511 »

A bit further up the A55, cross a BIG bridge and turn right !!!!!!!