What did you do to your Scirocco today?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
rmason
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Mid 2012, 2.0Tsi 210bhp, Candy White, DSG gearbox, Full Leather Interior, Heated seats, Satellite navigation RNS315, folding mirrors, SD card in, Ipod in, USB in, Mudflaps front and Rear, Premium carpet mats, Osram night breaker plus main and dipped beam, Osram cool blue side lights.

Re: What did you do to your Scirocco today?

Post by rmason »

Got a half good day so washed the car and got to try out iron-x, snowfoam, megs wash and wax, tyres treated and windows cleans, all in all a good day :D

Richard
flashash
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

wigit wrote:
flashash wrote:Just fitted VW Sill Protectors and Yeti Tips
those don't look fully on as you can see a spring clip still, gentle nudge with a rubber mallet on a microfibre and they should go on a bit further and butt the exhaust
I will have a check tomorrow. I haven't cut the exhaust like it says though. I just put them on.
Skollers
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: ECU Remapped to 175bhp
Bluetooth (OEM)
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors
Upgraded bulbs

Post by Skollers »

Yay just checked my headlight washers work from a blown fuse !
2009 2.0gt tdi 140bhp
2003 Suzuki Gsxr 1000 Rizla green/yellow (My baby) !
rmason
Options: Mid 2012, 2.0Tsi 210bhp, Candy White, DSG gearbox, Full Leather Interior, Heated seats, Satellite navigation RNS315, folding mirrors, SD card in, Ipod in, USB in, Mudflaps front and Rear, Premium carpet mats, Osram night breaker plus main and dipped beam, Osram cool blue side lights.

Post by rmason »

Got some new front tyres fitted. Went with Pirelli P7 Cinturato Seal Inside 235/40 R18 W (95) as originally came with the car :nod:

£345 not cheap though lol

Richard
sied45
In: Deep Black

Post by sied45 »

Hey flashash, where did you get the sill plate from? Is it just en ebay job? I fancy a pair myself, look really nice.
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

sied45 wrote:

Hey flashash, where did you get the sill plate from? Is it just en ebay job? I fancy a pair myself, look really nice.
They are the genuine Vw sills. Can be bought from dealers. Cheaper option would be to buy the sills that most of us on here have bought from hkb. These are cheaper than oem ones but still fantastic quality http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... Door+sills" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
flashash
Options: Dynaudio, Dab RAdio, Factory Bluetooth, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors. Leather

Post by flashash »

Hi, yes got mine from the dealer s. £110 I know more expensive than ones on the forum and ebay but I prefer the look that's why I went for them. Dead easy to fit.
sied45

Post by sied45 »

I like the sound of a cheaper option than £110! However unfortunately I can't access that part of the forum whiteDevil, which probably explains why searches weren't bringing up much beforehand either. Is there a link within it or something that you could send me? Thanks.
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

sied45 wrote:I like the sound of a cheaper option than £110! However unfortunately I can't access that part of the forum whiteDevil, which probably explains why searches weren't bringing up much beforehand either. Is there a link within it or something that you could send me? Thanks.
That part of the forum becomes available when you have made a certain amount of posts. It's to stop people from just joining and spamming the buy/sell section. Ill pm the details so that this thread doesn't go way off topic.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Paralla
Options: RNS 510, Dynaudio, pano roof, dark anthracite satin finished 19" lugano's, cruise control, mudflaps, VW stainless steel sill plates, parking sensors, folding mirrors, 6CD changer, luxury mats, stainless steel pedal covers, 12" Alpine Sub, 1000W Alpine Amp

Post by Paralla »

I got the dealer to "throw in" the VW sill plates as I put my hand out to shake after we had agreed the price. They can't cost VW anywhere near £110 so a nice little sweetener that's an easy win.
Mltyson89
Options: Sat nav, phone prep & iPod connection, Decatane led tail lights, VW cup spoiler, Black badges, rotiform 19's, Scorpion decat exhaust, Forge twin cooler, induction, blow off valve, APRacing brakes, Sasch clutch upgrade, MSS Lowering Kit, Wavetec LSD, Loba HPFP & stage 2+ Revo Software.

Post by Mltyson89 »

Fitted a forge dump valve :)
Mltyson89
Options: Sat nav, phone prep & iPod connection, Decatane led tail lights, VW cup spoiler, Black badges, rotiform 19's, Scorpion decat exhaust, Forge twin cooler, induction, blow off valve, APRacing brakes, Sasch clutch upgrade, MSS Lowering Kit, Wavetec LSD, Loba HPFP & stage 2+ Revo Software.

Post by Mltyson89 »

[youtube][/youtube]
The sound :nod:
Macman

Post by Macman »

Hand cleaned off the Summer bugs after the carwash yesterday. Went for a light spin. Put my foot down in the cool dawn and still shocked at the power of my R. Even more shocked then realizing it wasn't all the way down and got further awed as I floored the "pedal to the metal"! I love my Rocco R :p
rickz

Post by rickz »

Installed some tints on the front windows..slightly lighter than the rear
robinalex
I drive a: GTS TSI
Options: Cruise control
Pano Roof
RNS315
Winter pack (heated seats / headlight washers)
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Electric seats
Parking Sensors
Bi-Xenon headlights with cornering lights
K&N filter
H&R 35mm
12.5mm Black anodised hubcentric spacers
Milltek Non-res catback
R-Tech Stage 1

Post by robinalex »

Got a V7 sat nav disc off ebay for my 09 TSi revB RNS510 for £6.56. Downloaded firmware 1300 from here

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index ... ic=23779.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And after an hour of squeaky bum time I now have full seven digit postcode entry.

Result
whiteDevil_170
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

robinalex wrote:Got a V7 sat nav disc off ebay for my 09 TSi revB RNS510 for £6.56. Downloaded firmware 1300 from here

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index ... ic=23779.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And after an hour of squeaky bum time I now have full seven digit postcode entry.

Result
Is that wise buying that from eBay? Cheap is not always the best move. That's made me think actually, why aren't the satnavs 7 digit to begin with? Always wonderd this.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
robinalex
I drive a: GTS TSI
Options: Cruise control
Pano Roof
RNS315
Winter pack (heated seats / headlight washers)
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Electric seats
Parking Sensors
Bi-Xenon headlights with cornering lights
K&N filter
H&R 35mm
12.5mm Black anodised hubcentric spacers
Milltek Non-res catback
R-Tech Stage 1

Post by robinalex »

Hi whitedevil, it was a brand new V7 that had never been used from someone in the UK who had got rid of their Tiguan before updating and they had 100% positive feedback so couldn't go wrong really. Done hours of research on firmware to make sure there was no risk of bricking and it worked a treat. People had already used the 1300 download on the link I put and it worked for them so as long as the instructions were followed on burning the cd there was not really anything that could go wrong and it didn't.
maq
Options: 19" Black Luganos/Style Pack, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensor, RNS-510 + VIM patch, VW Bluetooth & A2DP, Cruise Control, Aluminium Pedals

Post by maq »

Metal pedal install... great items, easy fit :)
dimexi
Options: Parking Sensors

VAGCOM Mods:
DRL/PRL off
Needle sweep
XDS on
Big mph speedo
Alarm beep
Comfort indicator blinks adjusted to 4
Windows close via rain sensor

Other Mods:
Metal Pedals
Self installed VW OEM Bluetooth 7P6(L)
Self installed Cruise Control
RNS510
Stage 1 Bluefin

Post by dimexi »

Car went in for its first MOT (flew thru that), and first brake fluid change...

The dealers tried to get me to do an £85 aircon service.... wtf? is this necessary?
gibbsy
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

Drove through the twisting mountain roads of Mid Wales to the Welshpool Air Display and saw this beauty.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More here is your interested:

http://www.pbase.com/gibbsy/welshpool_airshow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;