Why to watch out in the wet!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Macman
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Why to watch out in the wet!

Post by Macman »

Can you spot who was at fault here? [youtube][/youtube]
bitmadmax

Re: Why to watch out in the wet!

Post by bitmadmax »

Watch out for crap music more like :D
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

Ran out of talent and aquaplaned. :(
Have to drive within the prevailing conditions.
rmason
In: Candy White
Options: Mid 2012, 2.0Tsi 210bhp, Candy White, DSG gearbox, Full Leather Interior, Heated seats, Satellite navigation RNS315, folding mirrors, SD card in, Ipod in, USB in, Mudflaps front and Rear, Premium carpet mats, Osram night breaker plus main and dipped beam, Osram cool blue side lights.

Post by rmason »

Yes he was driving far too fast however the car doing the filming seems to drift into his lane just before the crash happens not defending the abysmil driving but there are other factors could have seen the other car crossing and panicked combined with a bad driver and this is what happens

Poor Rocco though :(
char
In: Deep Black

Post by char »

Also interesting all the brake lights flashing, is that a standard safety feature now if you smash it into something? :s
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

char wrote:Also interesting all the brake lights flashing, is that a standard safety feature now if you smash it into something? :s
This happens when you brake particularly harsh. Less harsh the indicators flash :eyepop:
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

rmason wrote:Yes he was driving far too fast however the car doing the filming seems to drift into his lane just before the crash happens not defending the abysmil driving but there are other factors could have seen the other car crossing and panicked combined with a bad driver and this is what happens

Poor Rocco though :(
Nah he was already past the camera car when he drifted over.
char wrote:Also interesting all the brake lights flashing, is that a standard safety feature now if you smash it into something? :s
You sometimes see strobing when the light frequency is out of sync with the camera frame rate.
Macman

Post by Macman »

I'd say the Rocco was cruising in the left lane as there's no high revs, on that righthand bend that dips may also have a camber as there's a big puddle there that was hard to see coming down into it. The jazzy driver was just ready to pull out anyway even if it was going to be close. The non Scirocco drivers are both very bad swervers and perhaps they love their Cruise control and jazz that much they feel the need to sway when they like.

*Best be careful what music you play when using a DVR :hyper:
skyblues11
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

i think the blue car was taken by surprise by the depth of the puddle, panicked , clipped something on the barrier, but still accelerating. Got thrown of course and lost it.
probably using bad or cheapo tyres too.
Macman

Post by Macman »

So lucky the biker was missed. 1sec later and this could've been manslaughter. I wonder what happened to him?
Notice how relaxed the jazzer is when he reacts 10secs later "oh".
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

It does look to me like the "holier than thou" camera car drifted into the Roc's lane just as the Roc was getting past and the Roc driver bricked it, coming over too far to avoid collision with the camera car clipping the kerb and then tried to correct it on a deep puddle, hitting the car. If the camera driver presented their vid to the police as a witness i'd say they were partially culpable (along with the Rocs speed in those conditions).
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Macman

Post by Macman »

Under aquaplaning and acceleration, I do wonder how the fancy electronics react to such an extreme condition. It was 100% on my mind as it happens when I first hit a puddle at speed. It was my instinct to question its behaviour in a split second.

Think about it. The car wants to accelerate, the left wheel first hits the depth of the puddle so pulls sharp left, the left then aquaplanes and can speed faster and the right gets all the grip, then as you exit the puddle you may find this happens!

BTW the jazzer does swerve to the right just as the Rocco comes by before he again swerves left. I doubt the Rocco had time to steer at all :rolleyes:

SERIOUSLY, that biker looks to be knocked over between the two highways!
gibbsy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

It was the Roc that caused the accident. The weakest component on the car failed. It's known as the nut behind the wheel. The driver was simply going too fast for the conditions regardless of what type of tyre was fitted to the car. Not the worse type of RTC that I've had to attend but a familiar failing of the weakest component.
too hot
In: Viper Green
Options: DAB Radio,Dynaudio Speakers,Lots of LED lights,Scirocco mats,Eibach springs.premium sills.19"BBS CK, REVO,Front window tints.

Post by too hot »

He was" writing cheques his body couldnt cash"
REVO VIPER 2.0 TSI
Macman

Post by Macman »

He wasn't playing jazz :hyper:
semtex
In: Deep Black

Post by semtex »

If you look at the barrier in the middle ,he was not the first to hit it at almost the same spot.
my ride http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =13&t=8440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Macman

Post by Macman »

Is this Russia? Youtube has so incredible DVR scenes over there.
Like the caption "PAPAGO!" and sounds like the insurance dog Churchill "...oh" :clap:
Marcel333
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Opal Silver
Options: Multi function steering wheel, leather interior, seat heaters, cruise control

Post by Marcel333 »

the camera car was switching lanes, probably without checking mirrors, and the Rocco driver, who was definitely driving to fast for this weather, got a fright and swerved into the wall. poor Rocc :( I'm a firefighter in Pretoria, South Africa, i once attended a scene where an indian man totaled his Rocco and when we got there he had minor injures but he was (for lack of a better word) "Hugging" the car, crying and saying the he was so sorry... haha that was rough
Rock out with your Rocc out ;)