Scirocco Million Edition

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Scirocco Million Edition

Post by Kev »

Volkswagen has announced plans to celebrate the production of the one millionth Scirocco by offering a Scirocco Million Edition.

Available exclusively in Deep Black Metallic, the special edition is distinguished by Galvanic Grey mirrors, silver body stripes and an R-Line body kit. The model also has smoked taillights, tinted rear windows and 17- or 18-inch alloy wheels.

The cabin is nicely equipped with black leather seats, Snap Orange contrast stitching and stainless steel pedals. There's also brushed aluminum trim, special floor mats and "Million" sill plates.

Under the hood, five different engines are available. The petrols have outputs of 122 HP (90 kW), 160 HP (118 kW) and 210 HP (155 kW) while the diesel develops 140 HP (103 kW) or 177 HP (130 kW).

The Scirocco Million Edition will go into production later this month and it will be offered exclusively in China and Germany. In the latter market, pricing will start at €27,325.
Source: Volkswagen

ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Re: Scirocco Million Edition

Post by ZephyR »

Not for me. Not really a fan of stick on stripes and spare-parts-bucket door mirrors. As for the sill plate .... :speechless:
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

And that's it? Not that much different from a normal rline.. Just another gimmick Vw have come up with to sell more. Like all the edition golfs they do.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

I prefer it to the GTS special edition, but it would seem that we will not have a choice in the UK anyway for this model.
too hot
In: Viper Green
Options: DAB Radio,Dynaudio Speakers,Lots of LED lights,Scirocco mats,Eibach springs.premium sills.19"BBS CK, REVO,Front window tints.

Post by too hot »

skippy wrote:I prefer it to the GTS special edition, but it would seem that we will not have a choice in the UK anyway for this model.
Thankfully :nod:
REVO VIPER 2.0 TSI
Sensorei
In: Silver Leaf
Options: Satnav, PDC, Bluetooth, Electric heated seats, Leather, Cruise control

Post by Sensorei »

What a let down. They could have at least done something to upgrade power a bit and maybe put bigger brakes on with custom calipers and wheels.
Macman
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by Macman »

Why do that to the GT when the R could do it and without the go faster stripes?
Is this a steering towards slowing us down for a move to XL1 (the slug)

[youtube][/youtube]

Basically the motor scene has now peaked as we know it and a new form of vehicles on its way next year!

Meet the future

[youtube][/youtube]

And stuff walking

[youtube][/youtube]
Anti-gravity vehicles is soon to come - serious!
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

I was holding back ordering a new car in case VW brought out a nice new special edition Roc as it nears time for a new Mk4. Having seen this and the GTS I'm glad I didn't bother waiting :shake:
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

What.. a million mk3's or a million scirocco's/corrado's in general? :O
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
rmason
Options: Mid 2012, 2.0Tsi 210bhp, Candy White, DSG gearbox, Full Leather Interior, Heated seats, Satellite navigation RNS315, folding mirrors, SD card in, Ipod in, USB in, Mudflaps front and Rear, Premium carpet mats, Osram night breaker plus main and dipped beam, Osram cool blue side lights.

Post by rmason »

Nah not mk3's according to topspeed its celebrating 795,650 units for the first two generations and 204,350 units for the third one :D still an awful lot of mk3's though

I like the orange stitching on the seats apart from that does not seem to special to me even has the standard headunit. i preferred the collectors edition http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ?f=4&t=902" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gary_Monkey
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car ordered 30 June 2009.
Car built Build Week 43.
Car built and at check point 5 (20/10)
Car now at check point 7 (21/10)

Post by Gary_Monkey »

Not impressed with that at all!! Was looking at it last night on Auto Express website. As others have said I don't like shouty stripes on cars, unless I'm actually in a touring car ;-)
What's with the old skool radio unit... yuk
Car now at docks waiting to board ship. Due to sail Sat 24 Oct! 23/10
Car now at a UK port being checked. 26/10)
Car still at the port of Sheerness until 3 Nov. Grrr 29/10
Car at dealers and being prepped. 3/11
Car Deliverd :-) 10 Nov 2009
ZephyR

Post by ZephyR »

That's the standard radio in Germany and many other places. VW spoil us here in the UK :D
CRaFTY_35
Options: Panaromic Sunroof, Bi-Xenon, Light Package, RNS510 (P ver.), Rear Camera, Cruise Control, R-Led, 18' Chicago Rims, Rear Diffuzor, META Alarm, LED Door Warning Lights,

Post by CRaFTY_35 »

These kind of special editions are cool actually but I think they should put RNS510 instead of RNS310
2012 Scirocco 1.4TSI 160ps Manuel: RSA Motorsports Remap Stage 1, ITG Maxogen Air Induction Kit, Forge Dumpvalve, Jetex Cat-back Resonated Exhaust System, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Koni Sport Dynamic Drive
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

I had a look at a Million Edition R today, I'll post some pickiest next week when back in UK
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
wigit

Post by wigit »

R Million Edition pics

b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

Yikes, is that the bright silver / chrome finish on the wheels as well? Not a fan such a bright polish TBH something darker like anthracite or even matching the grey stripe would have set it off a bit better.
Do I spy black and red Recaro's?
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Hmmm

:no:
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available
wigit

Post by wigit »

b0rk wrote:Yikes, is that the bright silver / chrome finish on the wheels as well? Not a fan such a bright polish TBH something darker like anthracite or even matching the grey stripe would have set it off a bit better.
Do I spy black and red Recaro's?
Yep wheels are chromed and black red recaros