Rattle / Creak

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
KJ Byrne
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Full leather, 18"wheels, Multi-function steering wheel, Side window tints, Multimedia socket, metallic paint

Rattle / Creak

Post by KJ Byrne »

I have a very annoying rattle coming from under my nearside back window, the car is 09. It has been in and out of the dealers about five times now.
The car went in last Thursday and they removed all the interior around the back window. I called in on Friday evening looking to pic my car up only to discover it was still in pieces. The dealer said that the problem is coming from a faulty spot weld where two body panels are joined together on the chassis. They are still waiting to hear back from Germany to see what the next step is, does'nt good to me :no:
What do you guys think ?
creative27
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Indium Grey

Re: Rattle / Creak

Post by creative27 »

Hi KJ,

long time ago, but do you remember what was needed to fix this rattle. I also have one in mine and, reading your findings, i am quitte sure it's the same problem...

Thanks!!!!

Roger
breadman
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: Pana roof,Dynaudio,DAB,Rear parking sensors

Post by breadman »

Have the same with mine its 10 months old and had this fault from day one seems to have got worse over the last month
creative27

Post by creative27 »

probably due to the cold weather, i haven't noticed it last year when temperatures were higher. Hopefully we will get an answer from KJ, or someone else :):):)
breadman

Post by breadman »

I may have found out whats causing this . While giving my car a good clean around the sills and door shuts I touched the rubber grommet thingy on the passenger side sill, I found it could be moved from side to side about half an inch either way, as I did this I could hear the same sound that's been driving me made since I have had the car, I kept on doing this trying to work out what was going on and all of a sudden the noise disappeared and hasn't come back since. :nod:
alanr
I drive a: R-Line
Options: GT 2.0 TDI 184 tdi r line. Black addition

Post by alanr »

Have you got a pic of this gromet thingy part please i seem to have same problem
Thanks
breadman

Post by breadman »

Rattle's back ? :cry:
creative27

Post by creative27 »

nmmm, tha's not good news, anyway, as alanr also suggested, do you have a pic of the gromet part so we can check that also in our cars,

thanks a lot.
eMiL-VR6
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Media-In, RNS 510, Black windows and GIAC Extreme, 300whp+

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

I also got this problem. And the right back corner or somewhere near there.
creative27

Post by creative27 »

MMM, indium grey related? :) :) :) :) :) :)

pzboyz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: DSG box
Options: 2-Zone Climatronic, Optical Parking, 256GB HDD on an RCD510, Air Freshner.

Post by pzboyz »

Are people finding this noise to be from the B or C pillar?

I have a noise, sometimes, from around the airbag holder on the C pillar on the passenger side.
creative27

Post by creative27 »

If i guess i think it is somewhere inbetween these 2 pillars......

Yesterday i puched all panels (between the B and C pillar) hard with my fist. The next couple of days will prove if it had some result. To be continued.
breadman

Post by breadman »

Dont think its anything to do with the gromet, now think it was just the fact that I had just cleaned the car with a presure washer.I have noted that after I do this the noise disapeares for a day or so, as it also did after driving through a huge puddle ?
creative27

Post by creative27 »

Gromet? The translator can not change this in dutch, so can you clarify what part this is? So it seems that the water is working like a sort of temporaraly greasing.

I have the impression that after punched all panels with my fist (between te B and C pillar) the noise had gone. But to be honnest (as i am overthinking it right know) i haven't paid proper attention to it, but on the other hand, if the noise is there i hear it, and i did not tghe last couple of days........ To be continued.
pzboyz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: DSG box
Options: 2-Zone Climatronic, Optical Parking, 256GB HDD on an RCD510, Air Freshner.

Post by pzboyz »

gromet, may also be called a plug or bung.
creative27

Post by creative27 »

plug, ok, clear.
janherko
In: Viper Green
Options: Alcantara, Bi-xenons, Full LED interior, Metal pedals, Sensors, RNS 510, 18" Interlagos piano black, Pearl black foldable mirrors, Winter pack, Pirelli PZero Nero 235/40, Pipercross air filter, New complete pistons, New K03 BorgWarner turbo, Full LED tail lights, Full LED front indicators

Post by janherko »

Yes, folks, I have the very same situation on my 07/2009 Rocco...I first thought it´s obviously the bump stops in the taligate, then the upper tailgate plastic trim but I just had the spark plugs changed to the new OEM part and told the mechanic to take it for a ride to sort out the rattling/creeking issue...as I can mainly hear it when rotating left (my Rocco is EU left-hand drive) I could totally confirm it´s coming from an area around left back window...the mechanic said it´s most likely something within the inner plastics under that window but recommended not to disassemble as putting it back on is usually a tricky one...
hmmm :grumpy:
creative27

Post by creative27 »

Okay, clear story, hope it helps for others who find themselves in the same position. Did you also try to punch on the panels? Mine is from 06-2009 :):)
janherko
In: Viper Green
Options: Alcantara, Bi-xenons, Full LED interior, Metal pedals, Sensors, RNS 510, 18" Interlagos piano black, Pearl black foldable mirrors, Winter pack, Pirelli PZero Nero 235/40, Pipercross air filter, New complete pistons, New K03 BorgWarner turbo, Full LED tail lights, Full LED front indicators

Post by janherko »

will do tonight...:)
eMiL-VR6
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Media-In, RNS 510, Black windows and GIAC Extreme, 300whp+

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

Any news on this?
Im getting freakin mad on this. It's located more at the C pillar in the corner, think i will smash it soon.
Are going to take the car to my dealer to see what they say!