Its too popular now

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
sir_rocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box

Its too popular now

Post by sir_rocco »

Lads,

Dunno if there has been a wave of 09 plate buyers but I must of seen over 10 roc's on the road this week, So much for exclusivity......lol

Good whilst it lasted.
Taken delivery : Silver, DSG, NAV, Black Leather, Park Sensors, Winter pack.

Mods: Full Milltek, KW lowering springs,Wheel Spacers, Remapped to 258BHP, 405Nm
Le_savage
In: Deep Black
Options: Anthracite Leather, Panoramic Roof, Winter Pack, premium sills
On the shopping list: MTM remap, Milltek Turbo back Zorst, Eibach 25mm Lowering springs, MTM 19" Bimoto Alloys, MTM 15mm Spacers, 24 bottles of ice cold Stella :o)

Re: Its too popular now

Post by Le_savage »

Must be a localised phenomenon as I still not see any on the roads round my way, except mine of course.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

sir_rocco i have seen three this week and none of them seem to be people on here :cry:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
sir_rocco

Post by sir_rocco »

It aint local, I travel between West Oxford and Bracknell and today I have been to basingstoke then Gloucester. They are everywhere.

Mods: Full Milltek, KW lowering springs,Wheel Spacers, Remapped to 258BHP, 405Nm
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

blues a bit common now round by me now red leader has got his :D

most i have seen on the move have been the tdi variety and they don't wave either, not like the old days
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

Yes, someone already mentioned this the other day, and beeing discussed here...

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=2&t=1205

Not sure where all you guys live, but I have still not seen more then 4-5 since I first got mine, and not seen a single one in about 4 weeks.
jmn82
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise Control, Dynaudio soundpack, Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Premium Mats and Sills

Post by jmn82 »

I've seen about 3-4 within 50 miles of me, aside from the ones at the dealer...
I've been Revo'd
Le_savage
Options: Anthracite Leather, Panoramic Roof, Winter Pack, premium sills
On the shopping list: MTM remap, Milltek Turbo back Zorst, Eibach 25mm Lowering springs, MTM 19" Bimoto Alloys, MTM 15mm Spacers, 24 bottles of ice cold Stella :o)

Post by Le_savage »

robrob » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Yes, someone already mentioned this the other day, and beeing discussed here...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1205

Not sure where all you guys live, but I have still not seen more then 4-5 since I first got mine, and not seen a single one in about 4 weeks.
I'm with you on this as the're as rare as rocking horse 5hit round here.
skippy
In: Candy White
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

To be honest I hardly ever see one. I have never seen one in Bournemouth (my home town), although there will be one tomorrow as I pick mine up! :)

Since last September I have only seen about 6 on the road, admittedly though in the week I am stuck in an office so dont see the outside world. :(
Magnust

Post by Magnust »

i have the only black one here in my country :P
alex

Post by alex »

Magnust wrote:i have the only black one here in my country :P
...so much for anonymity? Be more specific... :?
nickp
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Anthracite Leather, Dynaudio Soundpack, Park Sensor, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smoking Pack,
Carpet Mats. GT Steering Wheel Badge, Metal Pedals, Pewter Arsenal Key Ring.

Post by nickp »

Magnust wrote:i have the only black one here in my country :P
Magnust.......that sounds Icelandic.

If that guess is right I'd imagine there's not many new cars of any description on your roads ......given the state of finances up there.
Magnust

Post by Magnust »

nope, Estonia actually. sales of new cars have gone way down and according to the dealer they have sold less than 10 sciroccos and my black one is currently the only one here :) received it yesterday after having waited since the end of october (xenons + pano roof :P).

lucky i took it for a long drive yesterday since its snowing today and i don't want to buy winter tyres before the next winter... (crappy spring weather) guess i'll have to drive my rx-8 today, snow + rearwheeldrive ftw :)
LCM
Options: Anthracite Leather - Dynaudio - Parking Sensors - Electric Mirrors - No Badge - Winter Pack - Mats - Tyre Indicators - GT Steering Wheel Badge - Metal Pedals - Premium Cills - Private Plate T20 ROC. Superchips Bluefin Remap 250bhp/400Nm

Post by LCM »

M23 - M25 on Tuesday I saw not one, not two, but three car transporters fully laden with Rocs. Given the amount of them all together I would say the exclusivity days are getting numbered and rising blue is going to be a seriously common colour.

Possibly they are all heading to Oxford though ( :lol: ) as I still haven't seen any on the road around North London
My Roc was fast - but now its FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roc On!!
sir_rocco

Post by sir_rocco »

LCM wrote:M23 - M25 on Tuesday I saw not one, not two, but three car transporters fully laden with Rocs. Given the amount of them all together I would say the exclusivity days are getting numbered and rising blue is going to be a seriously common colour.

Possibly they are all heading to Oxford though ( :lol: ) as I still haven't seen any on the road around North London
Is that cos Londons full of redundant city w*nkers (err I mean bankers) who are not getting bonuses thus cannot afford one ....lol

PS, are you a banker ? :D

callum2009
In: Candy White
Options: Vienna Leather (black) + Dynaudio Soundpack + Rear Parking Sensors + Electric Door Mirrors

Post by callum2009 »

At the end of the day it isnt a ridiculously expensive, out-of-reach car. They are going for the same money as a gti or top spec astra, of course there are going to be loads of them around!
jc74
Options: Cruise Control, Leather, Sunroof, DVD Satnav, Parking Sensors

Post by jc74 »

sir_rocco wrote: Is that cos Londons full of redundant city w*nkers (err I mean bankers) who are not getting bonuses thus cannot afford one ....lol

PS, are you a banker ? :D
I see your point! However, I think most people with a few hundred k to blow would probably buy a new Porsche or Ferrari rather than a VW! (And those without bonuses or jobs will keep their existing luxury cars a bit longer!) - Badge snobbery for you...
A few people I know are a bit puzzled why I would swap a BMW for a VW, so couldn't imagine status chasing rich people doing so....
Anyway, I live fairly central in London and not seen a single one on the roads :D Just the usual daytime BMWs, Mercs and Porsches, and the night time old bangers (mostly dodgy cabs!)
Though the salesperson said that they sold a few Sciroccos in the last few weeks...
mister.c.

Post by mister.c. »

sir_rocco wrote:Lads,

Dunno if there has been a wave of 09 plate buyers but I must of seen over 10 roc's on the road this week, So much for exclusivity......lol

Good whilst it lasted.
Its too popular - come on, get a grip!

It gets voted Top Gear car of the year. It beats a mini by 0.00054 seconds on fifth gear. Most reviews love it. Nearly everyone on hear loves it. Some members bathe in a glow of happiness when almost without exception people love the car.

Then you see over 10 rocs in a week and the penny drops. The car might be popular. Watch out chaps, sherlock is in the house :)

And so much for exclusivity - yeah right. C'mon its a VW - argueably one of the worlds most successful mass producers of cars. It is genuinely affordable & can be bought all over the land.
jc74
Options: Cruise Control, Leather, Sunroof, DVD Satnav, Parking Sensors

Post by jc74 »

mister.c. wrote: Its too popular - come on, get a grip!

It gets voted Top Gear car of the year. It beats a mini by 0.00054 seconds on fifth gear. Most reviews love it. Nearly everyone on hear loves it. Some members bathe in a glow of happiness when almost without exception people love the car.

Then you see over 10 rocs in a week and the penny drops. The car might be popular. Watch out chaps, sherlock is in the house :)

And so much for exclusivity - yeah right. C'mon its a VW - argueably one of the worlds most successful mass producers of cars. It is genuinely affordable & can be bought all over the land.
Exactly, I completely agree. If you want exclusivity with a VAG car, buy something like an Audi R8, especially in the current economic climate!
Remember VW means the "people's car" in german for a reason!
roccy5
In: Rising Blue

Post by roccy5 »

Interesting comments as I live in sw London and do a fair bit of driving for work around m25 area and Essex all the way up to Manchester and have never seen a roc on the road once! Seen a fair few audi r8 though!

I'm gonna get a rising blue one I hope in the next month or so and I'm sure in time these will be very common on the roads and to hope or expect otherwise would be stupid