Climatic semi-automatic

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
silki

Climatic semi-automatic

Post by silki »

What does 'semi-automatic' mean on the None GT Spec Heater ??
robrob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Re: Climatic semi-automatic

Post by robrob »

silki wrote:What does 'semi-automatic' mean on the None GT Spec Heater ??
You can set the temperature but manually by turning the dials, rather than the digital display (hope this makes sense...)
silki

Post by silki »

ok thanks like Z4's then .... very nice ....
bungle
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather. Folding Mirrors. Parking Sensors. Carpet Mats.

Post by bungle »

It doesnt actually mean anything. It's just the same as standard air con. You can't control the temperature in the cabin, in the same way as climate control will keep the temprature constant. Its just standard air con the same as standard air con in any other car. With a gimmicky name.............
Andy500

Post by Andy500 »

You can control the temperature its just that its via an analogue dial rather than a digital display. Simple air con is either on or off.
silki

Post by silki »

My Audi is very impressive in this area bringing all teh temp control to the central Screen but I can handle going back to Knobs ... wow that sounds wrong.

So You can set the temp and it has on and of air conn but its all done through twisty knobs ...
bungle
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather. Folding Mirrors. Parking Sensors. Carpet Mats.

Post by bungle »

Andy500 wrote:You can control the temperature its just that its via an analogue dial rather than a digital display. Simple air con is either on or off.
With simple air con, you can control the mix of hot and cold air via the rotary dial, and turn the compressor on and off via the on/off button. Exactly the same as VW's 'semi automatic' system. You cannot control the temperature in the cabin as you can with climate control, just the mix of hot and cold air being blown out..............
mruddy
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Post by mruddy »

Full climate control will automatically adjust the mix of warm, cold and chilled air in addition to fan speed to reach and maintain the selected cabin temperature( usually by digital read out).

Climatic is a system which automatically adjusts the mix of warm and cold air to reach and maintain the selected cabin temperature(By manual rotary dial), provided you switch fan to at least fist position and A/C on. What Climatic will not do is automatically switch A/C on and regulate fan speed.

Climatic requires considerably more human input to reach and maintain cabin temperature, especially when selected and ambient temperatures necessitates the use of chilled air, but it does automatically mix cold and warm air.

I'm no expert on the system but that's my understanding.