cloth interior!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Tricky-T
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

cloth interior!

Post by Tricky-T »

this is probz a silly question L but has any1 seen a rocco with a cloth interior wats it lyk? buyin 1 this week but leather is quite dear just wonderd did any1 hav cloth and wat its lyk, pics wud help 2 cheers! :D
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: cloth interior!

Post by wigit »

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccop ... im_Options

all uk trim options shown in roccopedia :yes:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
insanojackson
In: Rising Blue
Options: leather - black
Navigation

Post by insanojackson »

Tricky-T wrote:this is probz a silly question L but has any1 seen a rocco with a cloth interior wats it lyk? buyin 1 this week but leather is quite dear just wonderd did any1 hav cloth and wat its lyk, pics wud help 2 cheers! :D

sorry buddy I dont understand, I dont speak dutch. Please repeat in english?
Tricky-T

Post by Tricky-T »

cheers andy :yes:
drnick
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Post by drnick »

I was looking at one last week with cloth trim, it looked really good actually. The stitching is the same as the leather and the mesh on the sides is something i've not seen before.
drnick
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Post by drnick »

ps - i'd have posted this thread on 'general scirocco talk' as it's not really anything to do with modifications. Cheers Nick
silver130
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

I have the cloth and the piccies in the Roccopedia do not do it justice. They are a lot darker in reality.
I know it is subjective and I like Leather trim as much as the next man. But it is a bloody expensive extra for what amounts to some Leather seat covers and seat heaters !. Call me a tight a***e but i genuinely prefer the slighty retro look of the cloth.
Last edited by silver130 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

i chose the cloth as ive had leather in a few previous cars, and i hate it, its cold when you first sit on it in winter, and its boiling hot in the summer, plus it sags cracks and wears too easily.

the mesh on the sides of the cloth seats is designed so the cloth can "breathe" :yes: only problem with cloth is when something is spilt on it :no:
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rufus1111

Post by rufus1111 »

I went for cloth, basically because I couldn't justify the cost of leather. Mine was the first cloth interior I'd seen and I was chuffed at how good it looks. The pics I've seen so far don't do it justice.

Don't know if it counts for much but my pal spilt coffee on the passenger seat a few days after I'd picked the car up. I used a wet cloth on it the day after and it came out completely. If he does it again though I'm going to have to stab him :)
easybreeze
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

I would have loved half leather but it wasn't an option... I'm not a fan of full leather.

The cloth is really nice, as mentioned, it is a lot darker than pictures show it.... The only thing which is annoying is the arm rest being cloth, make sure you don't have dry skin!!!
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
rako
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Parking Sensors, Alarm, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Mirror Pack, Multifunction Steering Wheel, Smoking Pack, Sport Pack, 18'' Interlagos, Dynaudio, Badgeless Back

Post by rako »

The 'Catch-Up' is sort of half leather thing (alcantra) and imo looks really good. Leather is not worth the price for me.
I've seen both Catch Up versions in reality and then black leather straight after and wasn't impressed with last at all.
Photos do not do the justice. It looks stunning in real life especially the white/silver one.
I love the white one and only reason I've personally gone for black is the practical side of the things.
Can't understand why they don't offer 'Catch-Up' in UK :shrug:

R6BTT
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Lots! Sunroof, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Leather, Bi-Xenons, DAB Radio, Premium Sill trims

Post by R6BTT »

I liked the Merlin Cloth interior - looked nice, theres a Candy White one in Citygate Ruislip if you want to have a look.
heavymetalmayhem
Options: Leather, DSG, premium mats.

Post by heavymetalmayhem »

Seems everybody posting here has cloth so the opinions are biased. Personally I thought the cloth looked cheap and the mesh in particular felt cheap and rough – it reminded me of tacky cloths from Primark. Yes leather is expensive but it is the best value for money option in my opinion. I can’t understand people who spend this much money on a car and compromise on the quality of the interior. It goes without saying that when it comes to resale cloth will be at the bottom of the pile. Leather looks awesome, feels great and smells great!
alex

Post by alex »

You guys dont get the cloth/alcantara/leather combination? :shrug:

In Norway the GT spec is a pack which gives you either the cloth/alcantara/leather combo or leather. If you order it without, you get standard cloth seats.
arlurt
I drive a: R-Line
In: Deep Black
Options: Changes will be made...
Puddle lights, Cruise and Reversing Camera on the cards.

Post by arlurt »

I've always liked the look and feel of new leather in a car, but the VW's I've seen don't look to wear well. It goes baggy and stretched on the seat base and wrinkles on the side bolsters. I went for cloth because I think my high miles car will stand the wear better.
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

heavymetalmayhem wrote:Seems everybody posting here has cloth so the opinions are biased. Personally I thought the cloth looked cheap and the mesh in particular felt cheap and rough – it reminded me of tacky cloths from Primark. Yes leather is expensive but it is the best value for money option in my opinion. I can’t understand people who spend this much money on a car and compromise on the quality of the interior. It goes without saying that when it comes to resale cloth will be at the bottom of the pile. Leather looks awesome, feels great and smells great!
Couldn’t of said it better myself! :yes:
Le_savage
Options: Anthracite Leather, Panoramic Roof, Winter Pack, premium sills
On the shopping list: MTM remap, Milltek Turbo back Zorst, Eibach 25mm Lowering springs, MTM 19" Bimoto Alloys, MTM 15mm Spacers, 24 bottles of ice cold Stella :o)

Post by Le_savage »

How about you do the right think and rename the thread Cloth Inferior?? That way you might catch the eye of some of the Leather owners and get a more balanced opinion??
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Le_savage wrote:How about you do the right think and rename the thread Cloth Inferior?? That way you might catch the eye of some of the Leather owners and get a more balanced opinion??
pmsl

having seen a few car with cloth interiors i reckon it looks good actually and the photos don't to it justice :yes:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Le_savage
Options: Anthracite Leather, Panoramic Roof, Winter Pack, premium sills
On the shopping list: MTM remap, Milltek Turbo back Zorst, Eibach 25mm Lowering springs, MTM 19" Bimoto Alloys, MTM 15mm Spacers, 24 bottles of ice cold Stella :o)

Post by Le_savage »

andy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:37 pm

Le_savage wrote:
How about you do the right think and rename the thread Cloth Inferior?? That way you might catch the eye of some of the Leather owners and get a more balanced opinion??

pmsl

having seen a few car with cloth interiors i reckon it looks good actually and the photos don't to it justice
For what it's worth I'm not agains the cloth either... but in the interests of science and fair play it seems only right... don't you agree??
tartangti
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smokers Pack!

Post by tartangti »

heavymetalmayhem wrote:Personally I thought the cloth looked cheap and the mesh in particular felt cheap and rough
That was my personal opinion aswell! But to be fair, even though I've ordered leather, If there had been an option for the leather catch-up (cloth/leather/alcantara combo) shown above I've have gone for that in preference to all leather!